Retired Microsoft expat found dead in Phuket luxury villa pool

webfact

I bet the poor GF is devastated..... Having to assist the police with the will at such a difficult time......

That villa will dry up those tears.

I'm sure its mentally sold already. I can see the fleet of fortuners in Nakorn ratchasima now.

How do you know he owned the villa ? My wife tells me that the Thai newspapers are saying he was renting the villa for 2 years for 200,000 baht/month.

Move along folks, nothing to see here, just another suicide.

No evidence at all of suicide. In fact the news report seems to be pointing at a medical condion. Have a bit of respect for family & friends.

or an accident - slipped on the edge of the pool, hurt his head and beer and glasses fell into the pool.

I wonder why the fact that he was a former Microsoft engineer is important enough to be reported?

The fact he was not just another penniless dodger may well be important to the statisticians

yes, natural cause = no work to be done, its so hot, why bother, just another farang, they must think

blood near the ear, broken glass in swimming pool

no autopsy, no toxicology

good work, good image for TAT, TOT and TIT

I don't understand why they emphasis the microsoft engineer part. Like its a really prestigious occupation deserving on the Nobel peace prize or something.

If he was an architect or accountant it wouldn't have made the headline.

RIP Microsoft engineer guy. I hope you didn't have anything to do with windows vista because it was terrible.

However, tie his age with his former occupation and you have a multimillionaire - TGF may make a bundle - odd how often foreigners die when their TGF is out of own

Because the old codgers don't have any one to wipe their <deleted> for em.

Just one sentence to prove that you do not have the intelligence to have been an employee of Microsoft. That this unfortunate guy was living the grand lifestyle gives an indication that he was pretty good at his job and had climbed up the promotion ladder some ways.

Your lack of respect for your seniors reflects badly on you and your upbringing. Perchance that your parents are not old enough to be 'old codgers' yet? In which case nobody should show you any respect. You have to achieve things for that to be afforded you.

Do be extra careful when you wipe your arse. You might bruise your brain.

• Like 2

Any detective worth the name would want an autopsy to be performed to ascertain whether his lungs were full of water or not. If they were not, it would indicate that he was dead before entering the pool. Any decent pathologist would be able to say whether he had been thumped on the head or banged his head poolside. It seems to me that BIB just don't care. All that paperwork that doesn't have to be done for starters. Neither would checking out alibis of his lady's brothers, cousins or boyfriends. Would police interest in the Will be because they want to know who benefits so that they can run the rule over them?

No evidence at all of suicide. In fact the news report seems to be pointing at a medical condion. Have a bit of respect for family & friends.

or an accident - slipped on the edge of the pool, hurt his head and beer and glasses fell into the pool.

I wonder why the fact that he was a former Microsoft engineer is important enough to be reported?

Microsoft is a software company, not much use for Engineers there

So I'm guessing that you've never heard of "Software Engineers"?? You know, the people who actually DESIGN the software programs?

• Like 1

facepalm.gif

• Like 1

A few things in this story don't add up.

1) They KNOW he was on medication, and due for a bypass operation soon, but don't see the need for a toxicology report?

2) How convenient the g/f was out of time at the time of the accident and not there to give him his medication. Why was she out of town? Oh, to go visit family and inform them of the wealth she was about to get.

3) The fact that he has a Will in Thailand raises all sorts of alarm bells for me.

There are too many factors in this story that are either being completely ignored due to a completely incompetent police force, or being covered up by the same incompetent police force in the hopes of getting their slice of the pie.

Either way, RIP to the man, and condolences to his family, especially since they will never know the truth about his death.

He probably suffered the Blue Screen of Death in the last seconds of his existence. Hope he was a nice guy or else he'll probably spend eternity in a Linux-based after-life.

/sbin/shutdown -r now

RIP. If you were Buddhist, I wish you an auspicious rebirth.

Edited by connda

Electrical engineer, software engineer, no wonder Rocky knocked shit out of you. Ha Ha

• Like 1

If you have nothing better to say better to keep quiet! You obviously have no respect and deserve none.

My understanding is that this poster was mimicking the investigation results of the BIB.

I do not see this as the first time posters make fun of them... And not the first facetious comment on this site.

I did not see a disrespect to the family...

So did I read him wrong???whistling.gif

If you have nothing better to say better to keep quiet! You obviously have no respect and deserve none.

My understanding is that this poster was mimicking the investigation results of the BIB.

I do not see this as the first time posters make fun of them... And not the first facetious comment on this site.

I did not see a disrespect to the family...

So did I read him wrong???whistling.gif

The disrespect is the lack of proper investigations by police into the many deaths of foreigners on Phuket.

Microsoft has many software engineers. That's what they are called. They also have systems engineers. They keep network systems running either locally (LAN) or worldwide (WAN).

I still have my certificate on my wall, signed by Gill Gates, designating me a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE.)

I suspect that Microsoft has tens of thousands of engineers.

As I said before, its a loosely used term, engineers build things like buildings and bridges and stuff. A more appropriate term for this guy is software developer or computer programmer. They dont build computers, they program them. Back on topic the death is very suspicious, I wonder if the TGF will get hauled in for questioning anytime soon

If it is a suicide - which neither you nor anyone else know anything about - shouldnt it be taken notice of or investigated why, how, when etc etc???

To me the newsreport seems to be pointing that the police solved the case without moving from behind their desk.

Sherlock Holmes did that too in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books

Au contraire...Holmes always went to the crime scene...

But who doesn't hear the bells ringing when this happens just as the GF is out of town....?

indeed, some would see it as an alibi, but not the cognoscenti down on the farm.

chang allegedly enhances the ability of the user to create indisputable fact out of no information whatsoever

I don't understand why they emphasis the microsoft engineer part. Like its a really prestigious occupation deserving on the Nobel peace prize or something.

RIP Microsoft engineer guy. I hope you didn't have anything to do with windows vista because it was terrible.

Hans, go back to my post #10 and at least for me I now understand how it may be relevant...

Gives the impression he was important and rich...........wonder if there is a will of any sort, too bad the wife was 'out of town' guess she will return to 'grieve' BIB will be on this one like white on rice.