Russia's anti-gay laws have teeth -- gay priders assaulted

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

". But you dont need to listen to me."

Thank You!

Oh, I just realized that was not a friendly Thank You at all! I am slow sometimes.

Do you still think Obamas and VP not attending the opening ceremony is not a snub?

Every news outlate says it is.

I know that I could never convince you, that is why I added the line about all media calling it a snub.

So you lost the argument, and for some reason I get a sarcastic Thank You from you.

How come? Why?

I agree - you are.

There was no argument. I pointed out that Obama and previous presidents have failed to attend a number of Olympic games (the majority this century). You claimed that "Heads of states always attend opening ceremony of Olimpic games." You were wrong.

English is not my mothertonque. gay- Propaganda means if you invite teenagers to gay-clubs you will be got in prison

Really? In Russia a person can be inprisoned, if he/she invites teenager to a gay club?

Do you think this is appropriate punishment?

Sent from my C6903 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I support it. Pedophile can be inprisoned, why gay cannot?

I think it will take more than a tweet from Stephen Fry to alter this...

Russian law forbids gay-propaganda between teenagers until 18 years. that is all. I think it is good law

Completely incorrect.

It has nothing to do with anything "between" minors. It is about "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations to minors".

Totally different.

Russian law forbids gay-propaganda between teenagers until 18 years. that is all. I think it is good law

Gay propaganda? LOL

English is not my mothertonque. gay- Propaganda means if you invite teenagers to gay-clubs you will be got in prison

Before you continue to explain what the law means and your novel views, maybe you should check your facts as you are incorrect in all areas: the law, the offences and the penalties.

Thank You!

Oh, I just realized that was not a friendly Thank You at all! I am slow sometimes.

I agree - you are.

I was sure you will not miss the line, where I said that I am slow sometimes!

:D

But I doubted you will go for it. Such low hanging fruit! But you could not miss an oportunity to insult me!

:)

Really? In Russia a person can be inprisoned, if he/she invites teenager to a gay club?

Do you think this is appropriate punishment?

Sent from my C6903 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I support it. Pedophile can be inprisoned, why gay cannot?

Yes but no reason for Fry to stop tweeting either.

Yes but no reason for Fry to stop tweeting either.

One good reason is that his tweets have no effect on the situation in Russia. They might make Fry and his sycophants feel brave but they make no difference to some poor bloke in Kaliningrad who's just had the shit kicked out of him because he has a boyfriend.

Thank You!

I agree - you are.

biggrin.png

But I doubted you will go for it. Such low hanging fruit! But you could not miss an oportunity to insult me!

smile.png

Forgive me but you seem to think this is some sort of contest where there are winners and losers. It's not. It's a place where people post their own thoughts and opinions. You may not agree with them all (I don't) but they should make you think about your own. Thar's what debate is all about.

For the life of me i am unable to find the ignore feature.

I know it is there, in Google search i found a thread in TV, discussing ignore list.

If the ignore option is still there somewhere, it is hidden by a very talented web designer.

If TV no longer has the ignore feature, I will just delete my account.

This place is the nastiest web forum ever.

For the life of me i am unable to find the ignore feature.

I know it is there, in Google search i found a thread in TV, discussing ignore list.

If the ignore option is still there somewhere, it is hidden by a very talented web designer.

If TV no longer has the ignore feature, I will just delete my account.

This place is the nastiest web forum ever.

It's there.

1. Click on your own profile name (upper right)

2. Choose Manage Ignore Prefs

3. Then add the names of the persons you'd like to ignore. Specify posts, signature (who cares), messages.

Add a new user to my list

Ignore: Posts Signature Messages

4. Then save.

Voila!

Edited by Jingthing

Thank You!

I agree - you are.

biggrin.png

smile.png

Forgive me but you seem to think this is some sort of contest where there are winners and losers. It's not. It's a place where people post their own thoughts and opinions. You may not agree with them all (I don't) but they should make you think about your own. Thar's what debate is all about.

Hell I don't even agree with some of my own stuff a day later :) :) :) :) so I debate myself 555555

Now a THIRD out gay person in the USA Putin Propaganda Olympics delegation! Not a snub? Yeah, right..

I imagine how impressed the Russian ruler must be with official US delegation!

Three openly gay people members of official delegation! I love it!

The figure skater Brian Boitano coming out just a month before he travels to Sotchi games, as part of US official delegation... Beautiful!

Not a snub at all LOL

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Obama had a chance to put his money where his mouth is, to face Putin down and to stand proud and to stand up for gay rights as he promised, but he blew it. All he had to do was attend and wear a little rainbow pin.

Instead we're sending a minor official nobody's heard of, a great but old tennis player who's never had anything to do with winter sports and most young Russians won't recognize, and an ice dancer who's still competing but didn't qualify. That may go down well with some gays at home, but he could have done so much more if he'd wanted to.

I think Obama is handling this perfectly. Showing up would have been a big mistake. Also I think ... dangerous to his physical safety. Gay civil rights in Russia is important but compared to other issues that are the basis of the current BAD RELATIONS between the USA and Russia such as SYRIA, they are not that important. To suggest that Obama should have grandstanded with a rainbow pin is completely absurd. Some Americans like to bend over backwards to find reasons to diss Obama. That's sad. For gay Americans to diss him over gay civil rights issues is even more horrible. He has done more for gay civil rights than all other American presidents COMBINED. If we don't return support (at least for this issue) for a president like Obama, we are as a movement basically INSANE. Happily, the vast majority of gay Americans know the TREASURE we have in President Obama.

Edited by Jingthing

I think Obama is handling this perfectly. Showing up would have been a big mistake. Also I think ... dangerous to his physical safety. Gay civil rights in Russia is important but compared to other issues that are the basis of the current BAD RELATIONS between the USA and Russia such as SYRIA, they are not that important. To suggest that Obama should have grandstanded with a rainbow pin is completely absurd. Some Americans like to bend over backwards to find reasons to diss Obama. That's sad. For gay Americans to diss him over gay civil rights issues is even more horrible. He has done more for gay civil rights than all other American presidents COMBINED. If we don't return support (at least for this issue) for a president like Obama, we are as a movement basically INSANE. Happily, the vast majority of gay Americans know the TREASURE we have in President Obama.

"dangerous to his physical safety" - how?

The one thing Putin would be guaranteed to do would be to ensure Obama's absolute safety if he went. To suggest anything but really is "absurd" and utter nonsense.

"the vast majority of gay Americans" today feel betrayed and badly let down by Obama and this is just one example of why. You're out of touch.

He got about 90 percent of the gay vote last election. Before tossing personal insults at me, show me some EVIDENCE that Obama still doesn't enjoy massively overwhelming support of gay Americans.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/90-gay-people-voted-president-barack-obama071112

I agree that terror threats alone would not be a good reason in itself for Obama to not attend Sochi. But his not attending is a SNUB and that's magnified by the clear gesture of sending GAY people instead. For people who are irrationally biased against Obama and don't see a snub that is obviously a snub and recognized as such by the international press, that's kind of your issue, and nothing to do with the real world.

It seems a case of trying to express Obama Derangement Syndrome in the guise of supporting a presidential rainbow pin cheap stunt. I get it. If you detest Obama, everything he does is crap. I'm not really fooled. To the so afflicted IF Obama had done this rainbow pin stunt at Sochi, we'd be hearing how horrible that was as well.

Again, Obama has done more for gay civil rights than all other U.S. presidents combined. I am GRATEFUL.

Also again, Obama is president of the USA. To show up at Sochi and grandstand about RUSSIAN gay civil rights when the national interest of the USA regarding relations with Russia concerns much more important global issues than that, would not reflect well on Obama or the USA. It would suggest that Russian gay civil rights (which still are an internal matter no matter how odious the abuses) are the core of the current conflict. That would be totally wrong. Happily Obama is much more sensible than that.

Edited by Jingthing

The OP is about Anti-gay laws in Russia. I am not sure how the discussion is off-topic, but people are welcome not to post in the topic if they don't wish to.

That was my point, besides who's attending the opening ceremony surely there's more to be discussed, in terms of news and events that will impact Russians post the games.

I post second times here: Anti-gay laws in Russia means that you cannot tell gay's ideas to children. After he/she will be 18, you can tell to him/her everything that you think about gays relations. I do not understand gays why they are so upset of it? as for me this law is normal absolutely

I post second times here: Anti-gay laws in Russia means that you cannot tell gay's ideas to children. After he/she will be 18, you can tell to him/her everything that you think about gays relations. I do not understand gays why they are so upset of it? as for me this law is normal absolutely

You're wrong.

You're on a gay forum advocating inequality.

I think not so welcome.

Would you post on a black civil rights forum that it is OK to arrest people for saying black people should be equal in public?

Do you understand now?

If you're Russian, I would hope you would wake up and realize an assault on civil rights on a hated minority is an assault on HUMAN RIGHTS in general.

Arrested for holding sign:

post-37101-0-24851600-1389169624_thumb.j

'Being gay and loving gays is normal. Beating gays and killing gays is a crime!'

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/09/02/russia-first-person-to-be-convicted-under-anti-gay-propaganda-law-arrested-by-his-own-parents/

Straight man arrested for holding a sign in support of equal rights for a lesbian friend:

post-37101-0-78156200-1389169256_thumb.j

Arrested for holding sign saying Gay is Normal:

post-37101-0-15052200-1389169446_thumb.j

http://www.johnmbecker.com/2012/04/12/russian-man-arrested-for-holding-pro-equality-poster/

Edited by Jingthing

Carrying signs saying being gay is OK in public is touching the children? You didn't even respond to that. The world sees what is happening in Russia, this is the internet age, you can't hide.

You are propagating the most obnoxious kind of anti-gay hatred by suggesting gay people are threatening the children. This same kind of hate rhetoric had been used against Jews in Russia, that they are after the Christian children to drink their blood.

Has it occured to you for even one second how the Russian children who ARE gay are feeling now? Do you know about the very high suicide rates of gay youth in countries like Russia with extremely homophobic cultures?

Edited by Jingthing