Chevrolet Spin - Please Share Your Comments

Has anybody bought the latest model, or earlier models, either in Chiang Mai, or anywhere in Thailand?

Would appreciate your comments, especially: fuel efficiency, construction quality, service, noise, or whatever.

Please share. Thanks.

Edited by scorecard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are no predecessors to the Spin - it's a brand new model for GM.

These mini MPV's don't sell too well in Thailand, so you might find it hard getting any owner comments on it around here - your best bet might be to connect with some Indonesian forums (which is the market it was made and where it's manufactured)

Looks like the back of it was designed by Ssangyong. It's predecessor the Zafira had some interesting engine options in Brazil, sadly not available here.

Is it ?.......... search Daewoo Kalos .. bring up the Chevrolet Spin.........

Search Chevrolet Zafira replacement....... comes up with Chevrolet Mokka, called Opel in Europe......... looks far better

On Chevrolet TH website the Spin starts @ 760,000 baht in Black or Silver........... UK the Mokka is cheaper and looks a lot better

and the good looking Chevrolet TRAX is the SUV based on the Mokka, which was coming here now is not or maybe one day ??

Chevrolet get confusing........ There was and still is a lot of Zafira's in Thailand, not sure this SPIN will sell like the Zafira did.

Guess as the Spin was developed in Brasil maybe a better chance than it coming from Daewoo GM

Thanks for the replies.

I've been to 2 Chiang Mai dealers today, both less than enthusiastic about making a sale.

Both say they have very little information. To the question about gasoline consumption / kilometer per liter:

Dealer 1. Don't know and didn't offer to get any data.

Dealer 2. 8 to 9 kilometers to the liter (91 and 95). This seems very poor for a mid size with a 1.5 engine. and I wonder whether it's

inaccurate, because Toyota Evanza and the similar vehicle from Suzuki (can't find the model name quickly) both have 1.5

engines and both claim about 12 to 14 kilometers to the liter.

All comments appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by scorecard

Funny Name,why didn't they chose Role, Crash,Shunt , or Topple. Spin really inspires confidence.!!! Just when i thought Nissan had cornered the Silly Name Market.crazy.gifthumbsup.gif .................Still recon Cedric tops the lot, then the Fairoldlady with Syphilis

• Like 2

Funny Name,why didn't they chose Role, Crash,Shunt , or Topple. Spin really inspires confidence.!!! Just when i thought Nissan had cornered the Silly Name Market.crazy.gifthumbsup.gif .................Still recon Cedric tops the lot, then the Fairoldlady with Syphilis

I still think the gold medal goes to the Suzuki Smash - I can't imagine a more inauspicious name for a scooter, especially in Thailand crazy.gifhttp://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/Product/ProductDetail.asp?ProductGroup=1&ProductID=81&ProductSection=Main

• Like 1

I have no idea what kind of idiots are working in marketing at Nissan who dream up their Asian car model names. What's next, HIV+ for a racy sports car?

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

I have no idea what kind of idiots are working in marketing at Nissan who dream up their Asian car model names. What's next, HIV+ for a racy sports car?

My wife often gets the words Cervix and Civic mixed up - assigning one to the other ;)

Honda did for a few years make the "HRV", which is pretty close to HIV :)

My wife often gets the words Cervix and Civic mixed up - assigning one to the other wink.png

Honda did for a few years make the "HRV", which is pretty close to HIV smile.png

Yeah, that's funny, and the Hyundai H-1 van sort of sounds like a doctor's patient waiting room number or something.

Speaking of funny are the Thai pronunciations of car names. Chevrolet sounds like chetrolex, BMW becomes BM (like bowel movement), and Porsche is very funny, though not as funny as the joke about the guy who named his daughter Portia, and someone asked him why he named his daughter after a car. facepalm.gif

Funny Names, the best is all the ones that have to be renamed is some Countries

Just one Mitsubishi Pajero had to be renamed the "Montero" in Spanish speaking Countries....... No one want to drive a Mitsubishi <deleted>...

you could drive one that maybe is not there called a Mirage ?

Also on Spanish speaking the Chevrolet Nova = Chevrolet it doesn't go........

Fiat Regata or in Swedish Fiat Bitch

Rolls Royce Mist in German Mist = a pile of shit !!!

Mazda Bongo... Ford Pop.... the mind boggles

Ford Pinto or in Portugal translated = Ford Penis ...... hate to think what a Probe is

Daihatsu has lots of odd /funny names some are even here..

Honda Beat + here in Thailand..

My wife often gets the words Cervix and Civic mixed up - assigning one to the other wink.png

Honda did for a few years make the "HRV", which is pretty close to HIV smile.png

Yeah, that's funny, and the Hyundai H-1 van sort of sounds like a doctor's patient waiting room number or something.

Speaking of funny are the Thai pronunciations of car names. Chevrolet sounds like chetrolex, BMW becomes BM (like bowel movement), and Porsche is very funny, though not as funny as the joke about the guy who named his daughter Portia, and someone asked him why he named his daughter after a car. facepalm.gif

Or worse they could have asked him why he named her after a mobile crapperhit-the-fan.gif

• Like 1

Sorry Ignis, but Caralo means Penis. Cacetao mangcare gigante means a , LOOK OUT Ladies.whistling.gifthumbsup.gif .Ive Got a Tuna.Or Big Prick.giggle.gif

Yes you maybe right, just remembered 20 odd years ago it was funny...........

Just looked it up ?

"Pinto" was Portuguese slang for "male genitals". Trust me to remember Slang word

Sorry Ignis, but Caralo means Penis. Cacetao mangcare gigante means a , LOOK OUT Ladies.whistling.gifthumbsup.gif .Ive Got a Tuna.Or Big Prick.giggle.gif

Yes you maybe right, just remembered 20 odd years ago it was funny...........

Just looked it up ?

"Pinto" was Portuguese slang for "male genitals". Trust me to remember Slang word

Being a Refined Port N Lemon, i bow to your Wisdom .It can be Your Pintal Weeps ,regarding Ladies but i get banned enough.thumbsup.gif

Back more to topic of the Spin......... will Toyota ever bring the 'Rush' here ? or the new [same small SUV] Daihatsu Terios, lots of the old model here but never seen the new model.. looks good

attachicon.gifToyota-Rush-Blue.jpg

Guess the new 7 seater Suzuki is still the best deal here ? http://motorspices.c...ce-554000-baht/

Well, Honda are strongly rumored to be considering a Jazz-based micro SUV for the Thai market next year, so a Toyota response to that with the Malaysian made Rush isn't out of the question.. But nothing on the Thai grapevine yet..

Back more to topic of the Spin......... will Toyota ever bring the 'Rush' here ? or the new [same small SUV] Daihatsu Terios, lots of the old model here but never seen the new model.. looks good

Guess the new 7 seater Suzuki is still the best deal here ? http://motorspices.c...ce-554000-baht/

Well, Honda are strongly rumored to be considering a Jazz-based micro SUV for the Thai market next year, so a Toyota response to that with the Malaysian made Rush isn't out of the question.. But nothing on the Thai grapevine yet..

Back to Chevrolet Spin. Can some TV members please share their comments about Chevrolet service.

(I started a separate thread on the subject of Chevvy service,

but it sort of got hijacked into silly comments about other

brands. So try again.)

Back to Chevrolet Spin. Can some TV members please share their comments about Chevrolet service.

(I started a separate thread on the subject of Chevvy service,

but it sort of got hijacked into silly comments about other

brands. So try again.)

Seems to me the Members made it clear that Chev Car Service is rubbish, so happy banter came along. Often happens here when a Truck Brand introduce Cars into the Range. Honda dumped their Isuzu made truck,just in time to save their reputation for reliability.coffee1.gif

That's an interesting tidbit on the Honda micro SUV. Everything I've been reading out of India is nightmares from Ford on the new Ecosport in terms of waiting lists, extortion of higher prices, etc.. Based on this, and what happened with the Ranger, I'm going to wait to see if Honda gets this confirmed. Jazz would make a good platform, similar to Ford using the Fiesta for the Ecosport.

That's an interesting tidbit on the Honda micro SUV. Everything I've been reading out of India is nightmares from Ford on the new Ecosport in terms of waiting lists, extortion of higher prices, etc.. Based on this, and what happened with the Ranger, I'm going to wait to see if Honda gets this confirmed. Jazz would make a good platform, similar to Ford using the Fiesta for the Ecosport.

+ was talk of a Thai Baby SUV from Nissan, and one from MG in 2014 here ?. and if it ever come the Mazda CX-3, the CX-5 has not arrived yet.

• 5 months later...

bumping an older topic as I just saw a promotion for the Spin @ 0% financing and that sounds enticing to me, but what exactly does 0% financing mean in LOS?? If I choose to pay it off early, are there any penalties??

And ?? #2............Wife tells me that better to wait until 2014, as prices will drop................if true, will the 0% end??

And ?? #3............Any satisfied users of the Spin yet??

And ?? #4............Any firm numbers on fuel economy yet??

You probably wouldn't appreciate my comments about Chevrolet... whistling.gif

Shoot them...............I can take and appreciate the negative along with the positive. I've owned a Chev Colorado for almost 7 years now and have had a few issues, but Chev always came to the rescue..................good, strong easy to drive truck!! but now, I want to downsize a little, but not too much and the Spin looks like the right size and fit for a family of four not too small or too large.