Swedish citizen denies Hezbollah link in Thai court

webfact

Every country should keep an eye their Lebanese residents. Some of these folks are in the grand scheme plan of the Islamic republic of Iran, when eventually push turns into shove.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fresh-arms-uncovered-inside-hezbollah-bunker-kano

They were amassing war Grade weapons and storing them in bunker beneath their properties. Be wary of the ones that carry local passports.

Every country should keep an eye their Lebanese residents. Some of these folks are in the grand scheme plan of the Islamic republic of Iran, when eventually push turns into shove.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fresh-arms-uncovered-inside-hezbollah-bunker-kano

They were amassing war Grade weapons and storing them in bunker beneath their properties. Be wary of the ones that carry local passports.

Grand scheme plan of the Islamic Republic of Iran? Just wow! You mean something like Greater Middle East project of the United States of America (in the name of peace of course)? Is Iran really that powerful? biggrin.png

http://thediplomat.com/the-editor/2013/06/11/us-lobbied-china-for-greater-middle-east-cooperation/

At the risk of offending the PC brigade, I hope the Thai police bring out the nutcrackers and find out exactly who this religious creep was conspiring with and catch/neutralize them all asap.

6 tons of ammonium nitrate would be enough to fertilize the Amazon rainforest, or reduce Khao San road to matchwood.

Religious...Creep...Redundant

Don't know about redundant, more lkie repugnant. Islamic fundamentalism is probably the biggest threat the world faces today, it doesn't matter where you are, who you are, your nationality, affiliation or religious belief, everyone who does not believe as they do is legitimate target to these brainwashed whackos. Who knows what the target was in Thailand or elsewhere, that much packed amonium nitrate would have done a great deal of damage and left a huge hole in the ground if exploded in one place, or if it was to be a multi-pronged co-ordinated attack, alot of holes in alot of places.

Sounds like America and the profit motive.Foriegn policy as well.

• Like 1

A free history lesson for you:

The main reason for the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan had nothing to do with islamic terror, but the torture & killing of around 58,000 mainly Afghan communist opponents by their Afghan communist client party in the year prior to invasion. The Soviets thought this would lead to increased resistance to communism & the gaining of power of the main communist opposition party and rural villagers. The Russians invaded Afghanistan, murdered the leader of their client party & replaced him with a surrogate. As you know, the result of their invasion was the rise against them and the Afghan communist allies by the traditional village Islamic conservatives amongst the Pastuns and other ethnic minorities.

Well, ignoring the smug assumption that you're in the business of giving people history lessons...

What makes you think anyone connects Soviet invasion of Afghanistan with Islamic terror? Amazing how on any thread having to do with Islamic terrorism, the PC crowd shows up and explains why the people involved (and the religion itself) are actually victimized. Total nonsense, try being a non-Muslim in any of the Muslim countries, even the supposedly "tolerant" ones like Malaysia.

The main reason for the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan had nothing to do with islamic terror, but the torture & killing of around 58,000 mainly Afghan communist opponents by their Afghan communist client party in the year prior to invasion. The Soviets thought this would lead to increased resistance to communism & the gaining of power of the main communist opposition party and rural villagers. The Russians invaded Afghanistan, murdered the leader of their client party & replaced him with a surrogate. As you know, the result of their invasion was the rise against them and the Afghan communist allies by the traditional village Islamic conservatives amongst the Pastuns and other ethnic minorities.

Well, ignoring the smug assumption that you're in the business of giving people history lessons...

What makes you think anyone connects Soviet invasion of Afghanistan with Islamic terror? Amazing how on any thread having to do with Islamic terrorism, the PC crowd shows up and explains why the people involved (and the religion itself) are actually victimized. Total nonsense, try being a non-Muslim in any of the Muslim countries, even the supposedly "tolerant" ones like Malaysia.

Well I can speak for myself. I am a non-religious person (with a slight tendency to Buddhism) living in Iran (a supposedly non-tolerant Muslim country). Despite the government trying to Islamize! everything and everyone, I live here easily without being terrorized or killed! or tortured! Not only that, but majority of my friends doesn't believe in Islam either. My mom and dad are Muslims, but I chose not to be. And we live together without any big problem. I'm not afraid of criticizing Islam or Muslims at work or other places as well, however, it's still kind of a taboo in some places here.

I don't wanna defend Islam or any other religion or government. I just wanna say that the situation is not as bad as you think in religious countries and with religious people! Fundamentalism, extremism and terrorism are totally different things, almost a standalone religion by itself!

smile.png

• Like 2

You seriously trying to say that the Soviet invasion and occupation of Afghanistan did not directly lead to the rise of Islamic terror in Afghanistan? There are various estimates, but civilian deaths alone were in the hundreds of thousands. From memory nearly 6 million refugees and around 1.5 million are still refugees, but no, no that isn't why Afghani society was radicalised, get real...

• Like 1

"I don't wanna defend Islam or any other religion or government. I just wanna say that the situation is not as bad as you think in religious countries and with religious people! Fundamentalism, extremism and terrorism are totally different things, almost a standalone religion by itself! "

I do have a hard time believing you don't face any sort of persecution in Iran, but I also realize that the people there (not the government) are relatively liberal in mind. In an Arab country such as Egypt it would be a different story. Also there are plenty of examples of people fleeing from persecution from the Arab countries/Iran/Pakistan/ Bangladesh, for the simple "crime" of being atheist or skeptic. The bottom line is that this particular Belief System is in its current form where Christianity was 500 years ago, its fanatical forms have not faced decisive military defeat and still think these sorts of attacks are 100% justified and are in fact divinely ordained.

simple1: "
From memory nearly 6 million refugees and around 1.5 million are still refugees, but no, no that isn't why Afghani society was radicalised, get real..."

Some mountain tribes such as Pashtun support the TB, but Afghans do not. Hence why they are in fear of what's going to come to the country after the US/NATO leaves next year. Pakistan is also full of radicals and terrorist supporters but didn't face the same sort of "victimization" as you claim caused Afghanistan to sink into radicalism. The whole idea that Islamic radicalism is the result of oppression from outside forces is popular particularly in western academic circles, but is overly simplistic and inaccurate, and also gives the idea that these sorts of savages deserve sympathy rather than full-on condemnation. Same with the "freedom fighters" in S Thailand.

Edited by squarethecircle

"I don't wanna defend Islam or any other religion or government. I just wanna say that the situation is not as bad as you think in religious countries and with religious people! Fundamentalism, extremism and terrorism are totally different things, almost a standalone religion by itself! "

Well I'd have to see for myself, but I have friends in Malaysia who aren't Muslim but tell everyone they're Muslim just to avoid the problems that would come from being seen as a non-believer. I myself had a large collection of Buddha amulets and so forth stolen by a fanatical Muslim there. That of course comes straight out of the Qur'an. I do have a hard time believing you don't face any sort of persecution in Iran, but I do realize that the people there are relatively liberal. In an Arab country such as Egypt it would be a different story. Also there are plenty of examples of people fleeing from persecution from the Arab countries/Iran/Pakistan/ Bangladesh, for the simple "crime" of being atheist or skeptic. The whole religion is a stain on humanity.

simple1: "From memory nearly 6 million refugees and around 1.5 million are still refugees, but no, no that isn't why Afghani society was radicalised, get real..."

Note that the Taliban and their related scum are supported by some mountain tribes such as Pashtun, but the Afghan people are terrorized by them and do not support them. Hence why they are in fear of what's going to come to the country after the US/NATO leaves next year. Pakistan is also full of radicals and terrorist supporters but didn't face the same sort of "victimization" as you claim caused Afghanistan to sink into radicalism. The whole idea that Islamic radicalism is the result of oppression from outside forces is overly simplistic and therefore inaccurate, and also gives the idea that these sorts of scum deserve sympathy rather than death.

Taliban are mainly Pashtun and comprised of various tribes and second largest ethnic group in Pakistan e.g. Pakistani Taliban. Agree with your comment that many in Afghanistan are fearful of the ISAF departure, especially non Pastun ethnic groups who were previously terrorised by the Taliban, including ethnic cleansing.

Never said Islamic radicalism is the result of oppression from outside forces, but would be a contributory factor

I do have a hard time believing you don't face any sort of persecution in Iran, but I also realize that the people there (not the government) are relatively liberal in mind. In an Arab country such as Egypt it would be a different story. Also there are plenty of examples of people fleeing from persecution from the Arab countries/Iran/Pakistan/ Bangladesh, for the simple "crime" of being atheist or skeptic. The bottom line is that this particular Belief System is in its current form where Christianity was 500 years ago, its fanatical forms have not faced decisive military defeat and still think these sorts of attacks are 100% justified and are in fact divinely ordained.

You're right about Iranian society being very different to Arab countries. But It's really hard to believe that in Malaysia you have to tell everyone that you're a Muslim to survive! Looking at the statistics, almost 40% of Malaysians are not Muslims! So you're telling me that 40% of Malaysians are having a hard time there??? One of my Iranian friends is living in Malaysia for work. He's not a Muslim and is working in a Malaysian company. Not only he doesn't have a hard time or doesn't tell everyone that he's a Muslim (!) but also he's getting a great salary, having fun there, and being respected by all his colleagues.

One thing is for sure, and that is in religious governments (especially Islamic governments) you cannot freely advertise your own belief system such as Atheism, Buddhism, blah blah, and in some countries might even be sentenced to death or have to flee the country because of that. That's how it is and I don't like it either. But what I wanna say is that don't believe everything you hear in the news. Things have changed and are changing so fast everywhere! I don't trust news and media myself, and I prefer not to judge a belief or society or country, unless I make sure somehow or go there and see for myself.

"But It's really hard to believe that in Malaysia you have to tell everyone that you're a Muslim to survive!"

The friend who passes as a Muslim is in a more conservative part of the country, the non-Muslims in Malaysia get treated explicitly as unequals, their tax dollars are used to fund expansion of the state religion, etc. You're right about not believing everything on the news, but you'd have to be naive or dishonest to ignore the widespread bigotry/hatred/violence/intolerance/terrorism coming out of the Muslim countries. Such as Pakistan against India, Malaysia against Thailand, central Asia against Russia/China, Arab countries against Israel, etc.

I have many wonderful Iranian and Lebanese friends in Bangkok. They are intelligent, caring, hard working and honest bastions of their unique societies in this country.

I expect a number of them are Muslim and a number are not. None of them have tried to evangelist me with any belief. All of them are horrified with the actions of our pseudo Swedish friend and his legless Iranian friends and his cohorts on Sukumvit 71 on Valentines day last year!

Most of them choose to live here in freedom of every nature and respect others round about them as I do.

Sadly, in every country there are those that wish to force their will and ideology on others who do not share their beliefs. This is wrong!

Regardless of what has happened in any countries past, the future is bright if we want to make it that way, as all of my dear Iranian and Lebanese friends have.

Edited by Badbanker
  • Like 1