Refused double entry in Laos

Can anybody confirm 6 months double entry visas in Vientian or Savannakhet this month? I;ve talked to visa agents but they all said they can not guarantee it,which sounded like,yeah,you'll get single entry for sure and we will return you 1500 baht for trouble.

By 6 month I'm assuming you mean double entry with 60 days on each entry (extendable by 30 days on each entry without leaving Thailand). As the post right above yours stated I got mine in Savannakhet Tuesday as my normal visa service said it was highly likely I'd get denied in Vientiane. I'm sure the number of tourist visas currently in your passport is a factor but if in doubt go to Savannakhet.

Yes,you are right. So you went there independently and got the double entry? About 3 years ago they only issued one entry,at least when i was there. From Pattaya visa agents are only offering visa run for 2 entries in Vientian for 8500 baht.

Yes, 2 entry there with no problems. I made the trip alone. The service I used last time no longer went there. But it was easy enough by myself and chances are you'll bump into others on the same run. More details on my trip above. One thing worth mentioning is that the form is free from the consulate...no need to pay for it across the street. Also, the form does not have a place to specify 2-entry. You just pay the 2000 baht and they give you a receipt. You can tell them if you want to clarify but they know why you're handing them 2000 baht.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anybody confirm 6 months double entry visas in Vientian or Savannakhet this month? I;ve talked to visa agents but they all said they can not guarantee it,which sounded like,yeah,you'll get single entry for sure and we will return you 1500 baht for trouble.

By 6 month I'm assuming you mean double entry with 60 days on each entry (extendable by 30 days on each entry without leaving Thailand). As the post right above yours stated I got mine in Savannakhet Tuesday as my normal visa service said it was highly likely I'd get denied in Vientiane. I'm sure the number of tourist visas currently in your passport is a factor but if in doubt go to Savannakhet.

Yes,you are right. So you went there independently and got the double entry? About 3 years ago they only issued one entry,at least when i was there. From Pattaya visa agents are only offering visa run for 2 entries in Vientian for 8500 baht.

Yes, 2 entry there with no problems. I made the trip alone. The service I used last time no longer went there. But it was easy enough by myself and chances are you'll bump into others on the same run. More details on my trip above. One thing worth mentioning is that the form is free from the consulate...no need to pay for it across the street. Also, the form does not have a place to specify 2-entry. You just pay the 2000 baht and they give you a receipt. You can tell them if you want to clarify but they know why you're handing them 2000 baht.

Thank you very much,that sounds reassuring!

Can anybody confirm 6 months double entry visas in Vientian or Savannakhet this month?  I;ve talked to visa agents but they all said they can not guarantee it,which sounded like,yeah,you'll get single entry for sure and we will return you 1500 baht for trouble.

Both Vientiane and Savannakhet generally issue the double-entry tourist visa valid for entry into Thailand only within three months or perhaps 90 days from the date of issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is possible to get the visa next day or is it usual 2 working days?

They call it two days but it is apply morning of day one and pick-up next afternoon. So yes next day service is still available.

Thats right ubonjoe. But you have to submit your visa application before 11am. Last time i was unlucky with that, cuz, the bus had a delay. So i spent 2 nights in Savannakhet.

Edited by alocacoc

Both Vientiane and Savannakhet generally issue the double-entry tourist visa valid for entry into Thailand only within three months or perhaps 90 days from the date of issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes ,but effectively translates in to 6 months of stay if used the way described above.

The reason why the consulate refused a new tourist visa must have been that they doubted that after this long time you already spent in Thailand – one year for study, followed by close to another year for tourism – your real purpose to travel to Thailand this time was indeed for the purpose of tourism.

Too many visa run in Laos, they warned the public by showing this letter in Thai consulate of Vientiane...

post-42991-0-36220000-1374559362_thumb.j

Edited by cosmont

I suspect that most who seek serial "visa exemptions" or tourist visas do so for reasons other than tourism !

The offenders, will of course, find themselves increasingly "squeezed" by the Thai authorities.

Best start thinking about saving for that ticket home !smile.png

• Like 1

I can only speak for my self. I am a tourist since almost 6 years. I did many back to back visa runs. I am under 50 years, and i do not work. But i can effort to stay on long term in Thailand. So, what i should do? Next time i will show them a bank report. Then they can see, i have the money. Btw; i never had even one day overstay. I never got arrested for something. I have a expensive but good Health Insurance. The worst thing i did here was to drive in to a one-way street. For that i got charged with a 400 Baht fine.

Anyway, should they refuse my visa some days, i consider it, that i am not longer welcome in the Kingdom of Thailand. Then, i will move to another SEA-Country.

And yes, i just got my 6th visa in a row on the same passport. So far it looks, i am still welcome in the Kingdom of Thailand. Thanks to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane and the Consulat in Savannakhet.

I can only speak for my self. I am a tourist since almost 6 years. I did many back to back visa runs. I am under 50 years, and i do not work. But i can effort to stay on long term in Thailand. So, what i should do? Next time i will show them a bank report. Then they can see, i have the money. Btw; i never had even one day overstay. I never got arrested for something. I have a expensive but good Health Insurance. The worst thing i did here was to drive in to a one-way street. For that i got charged with a 400 Baht fine.

Anyway, should they refuse my visa some days, i consider it, that i am not longer welcome in the Kingdom of Thailand. Then, i will move to another SEA-Country.

And yes, i just got my 6th visa in a row on the same passport. So far it looks, i am still welcome in the Kingdom of Thailand. Thanks to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane and the Consulat in Savannakhet.

6 multiples entries Tourist Visa all from Laos only ?

Strange they don't apply the rules they showed on letter I took the picture.

If you read letter closely it is at their discretion. Plus he has been using two different locations for his visa.

My suggestion to anybody wanting to stay here on tourist visas is to attach a copy of a Thai bank book that shows regular transfers coming in from outside the country. This should be more than satisfactory proof that you are not working here.

I have just returned from Vientiane yesterday, I was issued with a 2 entry tourist visa no problems. I did all the work myself and didn't use a agent, I used a new passport as I have live in 3 years.

I was warned last time I flew into bkk from the immigration lady I have to many stamps in my passport. So I applied for a new NZ passport, then went to Thai embassy in Laos on wed 24th July & Thursday afternoon I had had my double tourist visa. So I'm good for another 6 months:-)

I have just returned from Vientiane yesterday, I was issued with a 2 entry tourist visa no problems. I did all the work myself and didn't use a agent, I used a new passport as I have live in 3 years.

I was warned last time I flew into bkk from the immigration lady I have to many stamps in my passport. So I applied for a new NZ passport, then went to Thai embassy in Laos on wed 24th July & Thursday afternoon I had had my double tourist visa. So I'm good for another 6 months:-)

I think getting a new passport is a waste as it won't matter one way or another. I stayed here 7 years on a string of visa exempts and tourist visas. I had been warned also early on. I was in my 40s and don't know if that was a factor or not

• 2 weeks later...

What I suggest to those wanting more than a few tourist visas is some proof of income from outside of Thailand with their visa application. It could be a bank book, atm slips or even Western Union transfers in. This would prove you are not working here which is the main concern they have.

Hi ubonjoe, i think i need to present some proof of income from outside of Thailand, as you suggest, because i have several TR visas. What should i present, originals or copies? If i present originals, will they come back to me?

Looks like Vientienne because they are well-known to refuse tourist visas back to back after the second one.

If you had gotten the ED after the visas it would of broken the chain

Why would you not be able to come back. Are you not from one the countries that can get a 15 day visa exempt entry. If that is the case the embassy would of issued you a transit visa good for 15 days.

Most reports have been that Vientiane would issue up to 3 back to back visas. They normally do not refuse the visas. They issue the visa (possibly a single) and put a stamp in passport telling you that it is the last one.

You do not really have to use a visa run service. Getting to Vientiane is not hard to do by yourself.

Nok Air now has flights listed as being to Vientiane that are fly/ride service to there via Udon Thani.

Another option for your visa is Savannakhet Laos across the river from Mukdahan.

For the most part, this is what I've read as well as what I've heard from people I know in Thailand. That 3 back to back double entries are not usually rejected in Vientiane but a 4th most likely will be.

So I get a bit confused by jpinx stating concisely and with confidence that Vientiane is "well-known" to refuse the third Visa. Yet, I've been searching various forums extensively and found no clear reports by anybody about being rejected for a third double entry without a good reason. On the contrary, I've read many reports of people getting at least 3 in Vientiane, then 4+ in Savannakhet.

Looks like Vientienne because they are well-known to refuse tourist visas back to back after the second one.

If you had gotten the ED after the visas it would of broken the chain

Why would you not be able to come back. Are you not from one the countries that can get a 15 day visa exempt entry. If that is the case the embassy would of issued you a transit visa good for 15 days.

Most reports have been that Vientiane would issue up to 3 back to back visas. They normally do not refuse the visas. They issue the visa (possibly a single) and put a stamp in passport telling you that it is the last one.

You do not really have to use a visa run service. Getting to Vientiane is not hard to do by yourself.

Nok Air now has flights listed as being to Vientiane that are fly/ride service to there via Udon Thani.

Another option for your visa is Savannakhet Laos across the river from Mukdahan.

For the most part, this is what I've read as well as what I've heard from people I know in Thailand. That 3 back to back double entries are not usually rejected in Vientiane but a 4th most likely will be.

So I get a bit confused by jpinx stating concisely and with confidence that Vientiane is "well-known" to refuse the third Visa. Yet, I've been searching various forums extensively and found no clear reports by anybody about being rejected for a third double entry without a good reason. On the contrary, I've read many reports of people getting at least 3 in Vientiane, then 4+ in Savannakhet.

Some time ago there were reported refusals and I personally witnessed 2 refusals for back-to-back multiple entries there, admittedly 2 years ago, but the same rules applied then as now. They don't refuse to give a visa - but they will only give single entry. Only one person I saw was refused totally, possibly for other reasons that were not clear, but his attitude with the officers probably didn't help his case. ;)

One always has to remember that embassy or immigration officers will apply the rules as they see them, and that is not always consistent with what one might expect.

Better safe than sorry I guess. We're going to head to Savannahkhet in October in lieu of Vientiane despite it being significantly more hassle to get there from CM. In the meanwhile if anybody can report getting a third back-to-back double entry in Vientiane sometime between April to Oct of this year please share. We would appreciate it.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

26 September 2013, the female at the passport collection windows at the Thai consulate attempted to deny my application by handing me my passport back. She said I had to many tourist visas. I refused to accept the visa and application back and told her to process it and stamp "NO" in it. After questioning me about how I could afford to stay in Thailand so long with out working, (I am retired U.S. Navy -46 yrs old) she reluctantly said she would submit it. However, she changed my request for double entry to single entry. She advised me to bring documents proving my retiree status as well as bank statements. The next day I picked up my passport which included a single entry visa.

I only have about 5 pages remaining in my passport, so I will obtain a new one from the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok instead of jumping through her hoops. Notarized letters verifying retiree status, pensions etc. from the U.S. embassy cost $50. I am sure you would only be able to use the letter for one visa run, then they would say it can not be over 30 days old.

If I could qualify for a retiree visa that would be great, but that requires you to be 50 years old.