Ladyboys

Hi folks,I just wanna get your thoughts about why Thailand has so many ladyboys?I researched the web but those explanations are IMO not really satisfying .is it that Thailand is just more tolerant and if the west did have the same tolerance there would be maybe the same amount? Just wondering

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For simplistic purposes, lets call the ladyboys "transvestites".

In Europe, United States or Australia for example, I don't think transvestites would be able to walk random streets with safety. They would get verbal and physical abuse on a very large scale.

In Arab states, Muslim states, and the Africas, this behaviour would certainly not be tolerated.

Whereas, in our beloved Thailand, where anything and everything "goes", these ladyboys can mince about to their hearts content without the fear they might have in other countries.

I also see much crime associated with ladyboys.

Social tolerance and acceptance I guess are factors when compared to the west.

Id dare say that young males in the south east asian region have a more feminine look than most of their larger hairier western brothers.

God its a slow day

• Like 1

I think the that genetically the sexes are much closet together in Thailand.

Couple this with the lack of judgemental religious morality and official rules concerning sexuality.

You can be whoever you want to be, and it seems many would like to be the other sex.

What's scary is not that there are so many of them, but that so many of them look good dressed as women.

For example

post-151798-0-35581700-1373008149_thumb.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

At least some useful replies.do you actually think if the west would be as tolerant as Thailand we would have the same proportion? I heard one reason is that girls getting better treated in schools like boys and got it easier in life as a reason.but IMO I have totally to disagree with this if you are see how the boys get pampered here.and in regards that katoys are more criminal i think it is just due of more bigger physical power otherwise it would be the same with the gals.

As far as im aware, ladyboys still are treated as lesser citizens somewhat by wider thai society. There was a Sky Living TV show all about it last year.

How accurate the series was, I dont know.

Crazy chef 1

Posted Today, 07:26

Hi folks,I just wanna get your thoughts about why Thailand has so many ladyboys?I researched the web but those explanations are IMO not really satisfying .is it that Thailand is just more tolerant and if the west did have the same tolerance there would be maybe the same amount? Just wondering

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that you answered your question quite good yourself. I have heard that scientists in west have said that there is generally about 10% of the population of humans that are sexually different including all "different" people and of course including transvestice.

So being afraid to show in the open you maybe have figures in west of 1 promille instead of 10%, maybe that is why we never see so much different people in the west..

I am thinking 65 miljon people, 10% of them gives us 6,5 miljon sexually different people in Thailand only....

But good for our ladyboys that they are so widely accepted here....

Glegolo

In Thailand there are traditionally known as the third sex. All though the middle East and Asia there are stories about the third sex, one even suggesting that the original geisha were ladyboys.

In Many dance troupes women were not allowed to portray themselves as women so men had to dress and act as women. All thru India many of the traditional dance (long before bollywood) were all male . Same as Japanese Kabuki, Chinese opera and i bet if we looked closely enough a lot of Shakespeare's female roles would have acted by the more effeminate males.

And all thru the middle east (and Europe no doubt) ,before the advent of Muslim , and Christian, morality there were societies based on homosexual love and the worship of the beautiful male body (Sparta being a good example) . Most of the best of the ancient armies were based along homosexual lines - the body beautiful, and having a lover next to you to show off to and have by their side both on the front and in camp, reduced desertion back home. It made a better army. Basically , and this will offend some , but the more militaristic a society is the more it will have a gay sub culture..

Where i am going with this is that male dominated societies that downgrade women into being chattels and only good for breeding tend to also have a compromise - the third sex . A bit of this and a bit of that. Something for those who don't know which way to go.

Just a few random theories i thrown together , but If you see and treat women as equals then why do you need a compromise ?

What's scary is not that there are so many of them, but that so many of them look good dressed as women.

The majority do not look good at all. They often dress well and hide in the darkness, so one gets that impression until one gets a good look. Some are indeed very beautiful, but they are few and far between. Most are just men dressed as women and it is obvious to anyone who has been here for more than two weeks.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

In Thailand there are traditionally known as the third sex. All though the middle East and Asia there are stories about the third sex, one even suggesting that the original geisha were ladyboys.

In Many dance troupes women were not allowed to portray themselves as women so men had to dress and act as women. All thru India many of the traditional dance (long before bollywood) were all male . Same as Japanese Kabuki, Chinese opera and i bet if we looked closely enough a lot of Shakespeare's female roles would have acted by the more effeminate males.

And all thru the middle east (and Europe no doubt) ,before the advent of Muslim , and Christian, morality there were societies based on homosexual love and the worship of the beautiful male body (Sparta being a good example) . Most of the best of the ancient armies were based along homosexual lines - the body beautiful, and having a lover next to you to show off to and have by their side both on the front and in camp, reduced desertion back home. It made a better army. Basically , and this will offend some , but the more militaristic a society is the more it will have a gay sub culture..

Where i am going with this is that male dominated societies that downgrade women into being chattels and only good for breeding tend to also have a compromise - the third sex . A bit of this and a bit of that. Something for those who don't know which way to go.

Just a few random theories i thrown together , but If you see and treat women as equals then why do you need a compromise ?

All theories you are writing about is based on the assumption that homosexuallity is being forced on us AFTER we are being born... So that means that either one of the the rest of us can run the risk of one morning wake up and find ourself as being gay, is that what you are saying. It was really a long time ago that science throwed away those theories....

I am 100% convienced that we humans are born to it, and circumstances that create a homosexual is of chemicals nature inside the body of the mother.... If it comes from food or whatever no ide´. But I will never in my life accept a theory that says that - "throw me a doll and I will be a ladyboy"..... I just dont believe that.

Glegolo

1 There are a lot of Thai Boys small in stature and thus effeminate.

2 Cosmetic Surgery is cheap here and many experienced surgeons.

3 There is a demand for them in the bars.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1 There are a lot of Thai Boys small in stature and thus effeminate.

2 Cosmetic Surgery is cheap here and many experienced surgeons.

3 There is a demand for them in the bars.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Aha so you go for the theory that thai guys do this stuff to act homosexuals voluntarely just because that

they can make money on it????

They go with homosexual men/clients and not themselfs being homosexuals....???? Or do you hink that they really become homosexuals just because there is a demand for it...... seriously???

Glegolo

The 3rd gender are OK by me (in Thailand) ... they are who they are and who am I to judge them differently.

I must admit that I'm not very good at picking them ... facepalm.gif

At a touch over 5'10" ... my radar does go off when I'm conversing with a lady and I'm looking up to her when we are both standing.

This is an interesting question, and I've wondered about this before, without any conclusion.

It could be:

1. Genetic

2. Cultural

3. Food related

or maybe it's a combination of 2-3 factors

Edited by soomak

This is an interesting question, and I've wondered about this before, without any conclusion.

It could be:

1. Genetic

2. Cultural

3. Food related

or maybe it's a combination of 2-3 factors

If my own suggestion about percentage isn´t that good, like I think it is, I am also into the food thing here. Chemicals in the food (rice) and fish and shells and everything else growing on the ricefields... makes the "product" from the mother a "mistake" seen from the natures point of view.

But if this 10% said by scientists is correct than with a broader mind we in west should have seen a huge number of transisties ourselfs in our homecountries.... But they are just simply hiding.... Look what have happened nowadays to the ordinary homosexuals in our cultur, they are more or less heros and employed everywhere and sometimes it seems that one criteria when seeking employment is homosexuality.... and this kind of guys have more and more come out of the cabinettes and showed themselfs (good for them I think).

That is why I think that we in west have the same number of ladyboys as Thailand, but our ladyboys are just hiding...

Glegolo

This is actually a good and valid topic/question. It seems there are more and more of them. Any scientists out there with some good answers and feedback? PF.

They are breeding with each other? An alarming multiplication down soi 6 Pattaya. (so I've heard.)

This is actually a good and valid topic/question. It seems there are more and more of them. Any scientists out there with some good answers and feedback? PF.

One valid argument would be supply and demand......................coffee1.gif

Ladyboys (men with gender identity issues) are not the same thing as homosexuals.

Sexual scholars generally agree there is a constant worldwide of about FOUR PERCENT of males being homosexual pretty much everywhere.

As far as ladyboys (trangender issues) yes I think there is something real to the observation that Thailand probably has the highest incidence of this anywhere in the world. It's a valid question and worthy of further study.

• Like 1