Float Tank

h3nno

if you find one please let me know - I heard one of the Spas had one

Used to be that Baan Sabai to the NW of CM city had a couple of them. Wonder if they're still there or not. The place used to be run by a Swiss husband and a Thai wife - a little bit older and conscientious couple.

• 7 months later...

How much would you pay per hour?

Well I have the spa, so why not be the first to set up an anti depression tank.

This is serious bunkem....its a quack you need.

Not sure about the anti depression part,tho' i do believe thats where is started out as an idea [ i can see it being a stress -reducer] but apparently is a real trip..;

http://io9.com/5829343/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-sensory-deprivation-tanks

One comment there said this..;

I've been in a float tank, did it for 90 minutes, it was pretty trippy. I can't wait to do it again, it was the most relaxing experience.

I did hallucinate a bit but I think the best part was the introspection. It's almost like all the internal dialog you have kicks into high gear and then you can pick and choose which one to address. Imagine 100 people talking to you all at once and being able to pull one person aside and having the rest shut up while you deal with the one person and when you're done they go away and you take the next person. Then the room is clear and you sit back and relax.

I left there so clear headed and peaceful...hell I'm going to see if I can make an appointment for next week. 8/12/11 1:22pm

Yep eyecatcher..you should get one in and book me in for a trip..

Edited by andreandre

Yes I know my comment was tongue in cheek but I am going to check this out.

A danger of it being that fish spa here today gone tomorrow sort of fad.

Reminds of the places where you can book for 30mins inhaling pure oxygen which was a rage prior to botox, a socialite craze.

Quite evidently you can rent wet suit and bottle and do the same thing in the sea or a swimming pool.

• 6 months later...

What's the thing with having your senses deprived,I was born with five senses and damn grateful to have them.

The thing is to reach a very deep state of relaxation. Works wonders.
Lets face it meditation does exactly that for no cost and alcohol does it for moderate cost.

Flotation tanks are like taking pure oxygen and helium gas; just a laugh and a cynical one at that.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How much would you pay per hour?
Well I have the spa, so why not be the first to set up an anti depression tank.

This is serious bunkem....its a quack you need.

Not sure about the anti depression part,tho' i do believe thats where is started out as an idea [ i can see it being a stress -reducer] but apparently is a real trip..;

http://io9.com/5829343/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-sensory-deprivation-tanks

I've been in a float tank, did it for 90 minutes, it was pretty trippy. I can't wait to do it again, it was the most relaxing experience.

I did hallucinate a bit but I think the best part was the introspection. It's almost like all the internal dialog you have kicks into high gear and then you can pick and choose which one to address. Imagine 100 people talking to you all at once and being able to pull one person aside and having the rest shut up while you deal with the one person and when you're done they go away and you take the next person. Then the room is clear and you sit back and relax.

I left there so clear headed and peaceful...hell I'm going to see if I can make an appointment for next week. 8/12/11 1:22pm

Seems to have a lot of denial. Makes one wonder.

From all I have heard it is far different than meditation unless you are a very experienced meditator.wai.gif

I have found floating in the Ping blind-folded with balloons tied to my arms and legs very useful in enjoying various altered steaks in which I can sense more directly the subliminal messages sent to me by my human co-inhabitant concerning the inner, esoteric, teachings of Ur Orang, the great spiritual mentor ... known (in their outer form) as "The Path of Slack."

By the way, if you have any abrasions, welts, sores, irritations, etc. on your human skin, the highly-concentrated epsom salt in the deprivation tank water is going to sting: but you can get used to that, and the stinging will attenuate after a while.

cheers, ~o:37;

• 1 year later...

I understand that a quick Google search will find one on Koh Samui and one in Kreungthep both in the $60 -70 USD per hour range.

Back in the 80's , prior to becoming a Teak Walla, I built and sold many flotation tanks. An ideal usage of a flotation tank was to 'alter' your brain wave pattern to enhance your ability to 'think' more creatively,; not silly shit and unicorns....but, constructively, if that was your goal.  One tank I sold to a psychologist who , after the client was in a theta brain wave pattern would induce hypnosis through tranducer underwater speakers to take the patient deeper than could be normally taken for therapeutic reasons.

I considered a float centre in CM once and putting 'monks in the box'.  Better odds dealing with the Wa and the Kachin and knocking down a few trees.....

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2014 at 1:00 PM, andreandre said:

Why not learn to meditate properly then you wont need to go around looking for flotation tanks .