List of Thai monk's assets mounts

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part of this story would occur when a list is published showing who he was laundering money for. But I suppose that will never happen. Again the amounts of money involved are so staggering there is no way in the world they came out of a collection box. But I still cannot understand what happens after he launders the money. How does he get it back to the "influential figures" ?

"Again the amounts of money are so staggering there is no way in the world they came out of a collection box"

But not so staggering when converted to GBP,200 Million Baht = £4.255 million GBP.

you forgot to calculate the cost of the luxery cars ,his villas an al the children he has with different thai women plus the money being made from promoting luxury goods and etc etc.....

At least everybody knows the vatican is corrupt ,but i dont think the pope will be selling or promoting air purifiers anytime soon.And also the fact that in very pc correct Belgium al official religions can get yearly goverment funds it was shock an horror again for the Thai community in my country to find out that therravada buddhism would not receive such funds a few years ago and our beloved rock and roll monk is already being talked about all over europe his movie in his private jet on youtube was not well received in our small thai community in Belgium apparently.

Edited by Kudel

Corruption ... deceipt ... illegal payments ... Thailand at its finest Just par for the course

Yep, only happens in Thailand:

• Jim Bakker - Created the PTL organization. Convicted of fraud and conspiracy charges after illegally soliciting millions of dollars from his followers.[26]
  • Hogen Fukunaga - Founder of Ho No Hana who was given a twelve-year jail sentence for fraudulently gaining 150 million yen from his followers.[27]
  • Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) - founder of the Creation Science Evangelism ministry. Willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over Federal income taxes, knowingly structuring transactions in Federally-insured financial institutions to evade the reporting requirements, and obstructing and impeding the administration of the internal revenue laws.[28][29]
  • L. Ron Hubbard - Founder of Scientology. He was convicted of petty theft and ordered to pay a $25 fine in San Luis Obispo, California 1948[30] and in 1978 was convicted of illegal business practices, namely, making false claims about his ability to cure physical illnesses in France. He was sentenced to four years in prison, which was never served.[31][32][33][34][35]
  • Luc Jouret - A founder of the Order of the Solar Temple. He was convicted in Canadian Federal Court of conspiring to buy illegal handguns.[36]
  • Henry Lyons - Former President of National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Convicted for racketeering and grand theft.[37]
  • Barry Minkow - Head pastor of San Diego's Community Bible Church, and founder of the Fraud Discovery Institute, who had turned to religion and entered the ministry after release from prison for the notorious ZZZZ Best fraud, returned to prison in 2011 for further acts of securities fraud while serving as a clergyman.[38]
  • Sun Myung Moon - Leader of Unification Church, imprisoned for criminal tax fraud in the 1980s.[39]
  • Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh – later called Osho. Fined $400,000 and given a 10-year suspended sentence following a plea bargain agreement in which he made an Alford plea to (1) a charge of having concealed his intent to remain permanently in the U.S. at the time he applied for his visa extension and (2) a charge of having conspired to have followers stay illegally in the country by having them enter into sham marriages.[40]Deported from the United States.[41][42][43][44][45]
Yep, only happens in Thailand: ...:thumbsup: :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Perhaps you could rephrase that as 'Yep, these shysters preying on the gullible, vulnerable and naive should be locked up also'?

The best part of this story would occur when a list is published showing who he was laundering money for. But I suppose that will never happen. Again the amounts of money involved are so staggering there is no way in the world they came out of a collection box. But I still cannot understand what happens after he launders the money. How does he get it back to the "influential figures" ?

"Again the amounts of money are so staggering there is no way in the world they came out of a collection box"

But not so staggering when converted to GBP,200 Million Baht = £4.255 million GBP.

you forgot to calculate the cost of the luxery cars ,his villas an al the children he has with different thai women plus the money being made from promoting luxury goods and etc etc.....

At least everybody knows the vatican is corrupt ,but i dont think the pope will be selling or promoting air purifiers anytime soon.And also the fact that in very pc correct Belgium al official religions can get yearly goverment funds it was shock an horror again for the Thai community in my country to find out that therravada buddhism would not receive such funds a few years ago and our beloved rock and roll monk is already being talked about all over europe his movie in his private jet on youtube was not well received in our small thai community in Belgium apparently.

Considering Buddism is more a way of life,and not so much a Religeon,although some would claim it's both,he's doing very well!

Edited by MAJIC

The Thai mindset is that when you visit a monk to get a blessing, etc, you give money. So you gain merit by giving money to the monk. Its a transaction. Gaining merit costs. In modern Thailand, monks live the high life!

TV evangelist quits over sex scandal
Jimmy Swaggart, America's leading television evangelist, has resigned from his ministry after it was revealed he had been consorting with a prostitute.
Mr Swaggart's confession is all the more scandalous since he himself unleashed fire and brimstone against rival TV evangelist Rev Jim Bakker a few months ago for committing adultery with minister and secretary Jessica Hahn.

But Jimmy Swaggart had crying down to a virtual art form. He also has a fairly decent voice.

What kind of tricks can this monk perform?

TV evangelist quits over sex scandal
Jimmy Swaggart, America's leading television evangelist, has resigned from his ministry after it was revealed he had been consorting with a prostitute.
Mr Swaggart's confession is all the more scandalous since he himself unleashed fire and brimstone against rival TV evangelist Rev Jim Bakker a few months ago for committing adultery with minister and secretary Jessica Hahn.

But Jimmy Swaggart had crying down to a virtual art form. He also has a fairly decent voice.

What kind of tricks can this monk perform?

He also played a pretty mean piano, like his 1st cousin, Jerry Lee Lewis. Whoa.. whole lotta shakin going on....oh yeah clap2.gif

The Thai mindset is that when you visit a monk to get a blessing, etc, you give money. So you gain merit by giving money to the monk. Its a transaction. Gaining merit costs. In modern Thailand, monks live the high life!

Stressed?

Worried?

Vexed?

Get a blessing..... Priceless.

On the other hand does it seems to you the Thai wats are in derelict, ramshackle ?

No, so it probably cost a lot of money mister No :-)

If one gives only 20 Bahts no problem he will have his blessing too, also every congregations ask for somme money to the faithful, maybe Thai people are more generous... than some supossed to be Christians for instance... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Corruption ... deceipt ... illegal payments ... Thailand at its finest Just par for the course

• Jim Bakker - Created the PTL organization. Convicted of fraud and conspiracy charges after illegally soliciting millions of dollars from his followers.[26]
  • Hogen Fukunaga - Founder of Ho No Hana who was given a twelve-year jail sentence for fraudulently gaining 150 million yen from his followers.[27]
  • Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) - founder of the Creation Science Evangelism ministry. Willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over Federal income taxes, knowingly structuring transactions in Federally-insured financial institutions to evade the reporting requirements, and obstructing and impeding the administration of the internal revenue laws.[28][29]
  • L. Ron Hubbard - Founder of Scientology. He was convicted of petty theft and ordered to pay a $25 fine in San Luis Obispo, California 1948[30] and in 1978 was convicted of illegal business practices, namely, making false claims about his ability to cure physical illnesses in France. He was sentenced to four years in prison, which was never served.[31][32][33][34][35]
  • Luc Jouret - A founder of the Order of the Solar Temple. He was convicted in Canadian Federal Court of conspiring to buy illegal handguns.[36]
  • Henry Lyons - Former President of National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Convicted for racketeering and grand theft.[37]
  • Barry Minkow - Head pastor of San Diego's Community Bible Church, and founder of the Fraud Discovery Institute, who had turned to religion and entered the ministry after release from prison for the notorious ZZZZ Best fraud, returned to prison in 2011 for further acts of securities fraud while serving as a clergyman.[38]
  • Sun Myung Moon - Leader of Unification Church, imprisoned for criminal tax fraud in the 1980s.[39]
  • Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh – later called Osho. Fined $400,000 and given a 10-year suspended sentence following a plea bargain agreement in which he made an Alford plea to (1) a charge of having concealed his intent to remain permanently in the U.S. at the time he applied for his visa extension and (2) a charge of having conspired to have followers stay illegally in the country by having them enter into sham marriages.[40]Deported from the United States.[41][42][43][44][45]

It is good to see all Religion's are the same.

Over the years I have heard about scandal in just about every practicing religion that is subjected to public scruinty. I cannot remember any publicity about the Amish nor their off shoots, but then they seldom travel out of their community, never saw a collection box displayed, nor do they openinly, at least, indicate a desire or need for the latest electronic gagets or the ownership of "stuff" which seem to bring about indivudal downfall.

Over the years I have heard about scandal in just about every practicing religion that is subjected to public scruinty. I cannot remember any publicity about the Amish nor their off shoots, but then they seldom travel out of their community, never saw a collection box displayed, nor do they openinly, at least, indicate a desire or need for the latest electronic gagets or the ownership of "stuff" which seem to bring about indivudal downfall.

Don't forget the infamous 'beard cutting' episode.

@Suradit69

This is a thai related topic that is why people are commenting on it. I am sure everyone is aware that similar things have happened in other places but they have not been posted on the "World News Forum" for discussion. Maybe you can ask the administrators to check if any of the Thai news stories have similar stories elsewhere in the world before they post them, and if they have then they can throw a cover over the thai ones and keep them secret and away from the public. Maybe we could just do away with all Thai related topics on THAI VISA Forum, gag social media in Thailand. That should keep the Thai opologists happy and they can can seek another forum to gag.

• Like 1

a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari - and a large amount of cash stashed in 41 separate bank accounts; as many as seven lovers and to have fathered a number of children with them. the monk's alleged assets include two luxury homes - one in Ubon Ratchathani and the other in Si Sa Ket; 13 vehicles, including a Rolls Royce, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Hummer, Toyota Camry, four pick-up trucks and four motorcycles.

that is a wonder life of anyone, but monk ?

If any independent person(s) would investigate the life of the monks in Thailand, he would make more incredible findings ...

You can read and see pictures almost every week about monks who are caught having sex with a woman or with a child.

And this is only the top of the iceberg.

And you can find them giving aid and shelter to the poor.

So what is your point.

Name me one career in the world where you can not find people doing all of these things.

• Like 1

I believe they have a community in Mexico found guilty of smuggling drugs.

Don't forget the infamous 'beard cutting' episode.
Theres a program running on the national geographic channel called Amish maffia i think you wil be very surprised. Edited by Kudel

@Suradit69

This is a thai related topic that is why people are commenting on it. I am sure everyone is aware that similar things have happened in other places but they have not been posted on the "World News Forum" for discussion. Maybe you can ask the administrators to check if any of the Thai news stories have similar stories elsewhere in the world before they post them, and if they have then they can throw a cover over the thai ones and keep them secret and away from the public. Maybe we could just do away with all Thai related topics on THAI VISA Forum, gag social media in Thailand. That should keep the Thai opologists happy and they can can seek another forum to gag.

I don't think I have read anyone state that this is a purely Thai phenomenon.

Here we go. Bash Thailand this happens nowhere else in the world syndrome. What pious heights the pure condemn from! Ungh!

What purist country do you come from bra?

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Sunisa.

Here we go. Bash Thailand this happens nowhere else in the world syndrome. What pious heights the pure condemn from! Ungh!

What purist country do you come from bra?

Try as I might, I can't see LuckyLew saying that this only happens in Thailand . . . or are you of the 'don't comment on anything negative nor positive if it doesn't ONLY happen in Thailand and NOWHERE else' brigade?

You forget a famous pseudo-buddhist sect in thailand, a wonderful money making machine, where you can buy the nibbana-paradise by adequate donations.

Whatever the punishment is for this monk it is nothing compared to the negative karma that will befall him eventually. Loss of face, possessions, position and reputation will not compare. There is an extremely strict moral code within Buddhism for the proper handling of money donated to the Dharma. It is very likely that this monk will reincarnate into an extremely unpleasant and heinous existence/realm for very long time after this world. His regret and suffering will be beyond description. Because of this, the proper response is sadness and pity....for him.