1 Year Extension report for Nakhon Si Thammarat

I went into Immigration in Nakhon Si Thammarat for a 90 report, abolutely no hassles, no copies of anything, the Officer spoke good English, greated me when I entered, showed me where the form was and even asked if I needed a pen, all with a smile on his face.

After the 90 day report, he stated I need to do another year extension in Jun, which I did know already. He explained everything I need to bring and explained everything to my wife as well in Thai.

So in June we went back and presented the following:

Application form.

Marriage paper from the Amphur.

Mariage certificate.

Wife's ID card.

Wife's name change paper.

Wife's house book.

My income affidavit from the Embassy.

My US ATM card and a recent withdrawl slip from a ATM.

Copies of all relavent pages in my passport.

My medical certificate.

Recent photos taken at the house.

And a witness from the village that I lived there.

Two copies of everything plus originals.

The paperwork was reviewed, the witness interview, wife interviewed, then the Officer asked for my Thai bank book, I explained that I use a US ATM to access my money (I am retired military, govt does not deposit my retirement to Thailand.)

The Officer said again that I just need to show a bank book from a Thai bank with my name in it, he said the account does not need 400,000 Baht, as my letter from the embassy covered that. Just said I need a Thai bank account. (I have a Thai bank account, just not on me as Phuket never asked for that, and I did not want to drive another 80 km round trip to just to get my bank book.)

So we left, went and had lunch, found a bank and I opened an account for 1,000 Baht. My name is Thai in the bank book by the way.

We returned to the office and gave the bank book to the officer and and made a copy of the name page. and the page with the 1 deposit on it. Asked for my passport again, said have a seat, after 5 minutes he called me back up and handed me my passport and showed me the 60 day stamp, said they will call me from the office when they would like me to come back to get the rest of the extension, normally in less than 30 days.

The two officers I dealt with with were professional, explained everything, and polite.

Overall a good experience, good service, and no waiting in a que as we were the only ones there.

Just a few questions:

1. Did you apply for Retirement or Thai wife extension?

2. Why did you need a medical certificate? Is this normal?

3. Was the witness needed for the extension? Is this normal?

4. Was this your first extension from this office?

• Like 1

By reading the OP I would say yes to all your questions except the one about medical certificate. That is not normal but there are a few offices that ask for it but this is the first time I have seen it for a extension based upon marriage.

Several offices ask for a witness (some want 2) instead of them making a home visit for first extension.

• Like 1

Just a few questions:

1. Did you apply for Retirement or Thai wife extension?

2. Why did you need a medical certificate? Is this normal?

3. Was the witness needed for the extension? Is this normal?

4. Was this your first extension from this office?

Good questions, thanks.

1. Thai wife extension.

2. Phuket always asked for a medical cert, 200 Baht, takes 2 minutes. I got one here Pak Phanang before going to the immigration office in Nakhon Si Thammarat. The officer did not ask for it.

3 & 4. This was my first extension at this office, I did three extensions in Phuket and never was asked for a witness.

Also, to add to the list of documents presented, a hand drawn map from Pak Phanang to the village where I live.

By reading the OP I would say yes to all your questions except the one about medical certificate. That is not normal but there are a few offices that ask for it but this is the first time I have seen it for a extension based upon marriage.

Several offices ask for a witness (some want 2) instead of them making a home visit for first extension.

Phuket always required the med cert but never asked for a witness. The officer said they will also visit my house as well.

They seem to require a home visit for the first time you apply for a Marriage extension. Previously I had had a retirement visa. This time I applied for a marriage visa & got a 30 day with a visit. Have been married for over 5 years but still needed to prove we had a legit marriage.

The visit went off well, but was sealed when the 4yo grandchild who lives with us needed to be picked up from scholl and I did the honours.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow up on my 1 year extension. The immigration office called me last friday, 26 Jul, and said everything is approved and that I can come in anytime for the extension. Today, 29 Jul, I rode my bike to the immigration office (92 km round trip ride), A female officer said hello when I walked in, and came over and I had my passport open to the temp stamp page, she took my passport, asked me to have a seat. Five minutes later, she came back with the passport, showed me the extension and already stapled a notice for when to do my 90 report.

Overall, very happy with the Immigration Officers at this office.