Drivers License - Tourist Visa

zib

I'll get the IDL when next in UK to be sure, will also get her to check with insurance company the specifics just incase. I dont mind paying a higher premium but expect to be covered no excuses.

And you will be vovered.

And yes, the IDP can be of help, especially if you get pulled over for some reason. You may even consider getting a few of them :)

• Like 1

Speaking of International Driving Permits ... what do they cost in sat the USA or England?

In Australia we pay $39 !

Just did a google search for you, this really is easy to find. 15 US$ in USA (could vary between the states) and 5,50 GBP in UK.

Speaking of International Driving Permits ... what do they cost in sat the USA or England?

In Australia we pay $39 !

Everything is more expensive in Australia. However, IDPs used to be only $6 some years ago (that was before I was old enough to drive!), then $15 only around 10 years ago, after which they went up to like $20 and then all of a sudden $50 within a year or two!! Although NRMA members received a 50% discount. Only a year or two later the price reduced to $46 (and increased to $31 for NRMA members) and now it's $39.

• 1 month later...

Do i need proof of residence paper from immigration when apply for motorbike-license or can i just use my chanote/housebook for my condo that i own?

If you have a yellow house book you can use that.

Working permit is also accepted.

Do i need proof of residence paper from immigration when apply for motorbike-license or can i just use my chanote/housebook for my condo that i own?

If you have a yellow house book you can use that.

Working permit is also accepted.

But my book for my condo tabien baan is dark-blue not yellow? still can use it ?

edit, seems like i need to go to municipality and switch my book to a yellow..

:)

Edited by falkan

But my book for my condo tabien baan is dark-blue not yellow? still can use it ?

edit, seems like i need to go to municipality and switch my book to a yellow..

smile.png

The blue book shows only that you own the condo, not that you live there, you need a yellow for that.

• 2 weeks later...

For USA members interested in getting a IDP via AAA auto club sevice web page,

seems like an easy process and can be done from Thailand Via Post

I did notice Thailand was on the list of countries that recognise international driver permits....

web page and link to AAA IDP application link here.....

http://www.aaa.com/vacation/idpf.html

http://www.aaa.com/PPInternational/IDP_IADP.html

Application

http://www.aaa.com/vacation/idpapplc.html?association=undefined&clb_id=undefined&secure=N