Farang got Stabbed

ShopBoy

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when this hits the American public , I do hope there is a hard line response from the American govt to the Thai justice system.

In reality this guy will more than likely not do much time.

Thailand has been getting a lot of negative media around the word now because the ability to post things in real time and videos on mobiles.

This will be international news for sure.

I thought there was a meeting with foreign heads of states talking about safety of tourists in Thailand?

The govt here talks about negative news about Thailand , I would like to see them ask for these videos and news to stop around the world , who they going charge or want to prosecute about this negative report.

Like we have seen in the past how in Thailand a person can be charged with trying to report something negative.

The best to his family RIP

The American response will be weak, the EU and China would show a much stronger response. The issues in Phuket we have seeing EU nations issues warning to their nationals while American government has said little. My guess is the EU and Australia have a much larger amount of tourist coming here. It is sad to see the flamers on this site trying to blame the victim and make stereotypes when in reality not many facts are known about this case. I have often jumped out of a taxi and not paid, refusing to turn on the meter, refusing to follow my directions in the area I live.. I was kicked out of a taxi and chased because my Thai friend told the red shirt driver to turn off red radio. These guys are bad and getting worse, it takes little to set them off, refusing to get cheated by them is enough

Anybody think this is bad press or prejudice toward Thai's?

Just wait until everybody has Google Glass and recording/uploading everything.

Accountability and Thailand are going to be at major odds when many lesser common practices and tendencies can't be swept under the rug.

I wouldn't be surprised if some pandering Thai politicians try to ban Google Glass under the guise of preserving Thai reputation.

Yes... and just imagine if the shoe ends up on the other foot...

What if all the Thais start recording the bullshit behavioural patterns of the farangs! and start posting them online (many of which will be seen by their wives, girlfriends, families and employers in farangland). Then perhaps

Accountability and FARANGS are going to be at major odds when many lesser common practices and tendencies can't be swept under the rug. :D :D :D

• Like 1

Accountability and Thailand are going to be at major odds when many lesser common practices and tendencies can't be swept under the rug.

I wouldn't be surprised if some pandering Thai politicians try to ban Google Glass under the guise of preserving Thai reputation.

"By any measure, Glass will go down in history as the most anticipated – and banned – consumer product ever released." - Forbes article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenrosenbaum/2013/06/09/can-you-really-ban-google-glass/

An academic issue to me because audio/video can already be captured much more stealthily. Also, check out the high-optical-zoom bridge digital cameras (50x optical, 100x-200x digital zoom) that are on the market. Basically, they are compact and relatively high-power optical/electronic telescopes with the option to take images/HD video. Albeit, they lack in audio eavesdropping capability.

Edited by MaxYakov

Good post (#237) BahBahBoBo,

I would like to think I have a similar attitude towards Thailand and the Thai people. Funny how some foreigners have nothing but tales of woe and drama to relate and others, like myself, have had a great time here with hardly any problems. Like they say, you reap what you sow. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Good post (#237) BahBahBoBo,

I would like to think I have a similar attitude towards Thailand and the Thai people. Funny how some foreigners have nothing but tales of woe and drama to relate and others, like myself, have had a great time here with hardly any problems. Like they say, you reap what you sow. biggrin.png

Or......you have been lucky. :-) Gee, I wonder where these tales of woe you mention come from. Reality perhaps ??

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Sure, more Brits and Aussies die in Thailand than any other overseas destination, but having SEEN many of those people in action, am I surprised ? How many here would be willing to stagger around Soho or Sydney's King Cross at 2am bombed out of their minds ? Before someone leaps on me, I'm not saying that was the case with our unfortunate friend, but I've done it many times on lower Suk (and in Patts, apparently a great place to meet one's maker) and survived the experience. Probably in more danger from vehicular traffic than frutcakes armed with swords.

Given a choice between Suk and the Cross, I'll take Suk every time. As for the comment re 'having to think about what to do' if attacked by someone with a sword, I doubt that there is a credible self-defence instructor on the planet who wouldn't advocate working on your cardio fitness and endurance drills ... I'll take laughter behind me over a disembowelment any day of the week ! wink.png

Agreed, been in and out of Thailand since 1999 and I can drink and have a great time with absolutley no problems.

During all these years however I have seen huge amounts of horrendous attitude and behaviour from fellow 'farangs' both intoxicated and SOBER and everything in between.

A huge amount of these people talking to the Thai's like they are below them, or dirt, simply because the farang has money and they don't.

Treating Thai women like nothing more than 'pay-and-play by the hours' pieces of meat and TALKING ABOUT IT in public places and laughing with their mates like the Thais can't hear and understand. Thailand is one of the most welcoming countries in the world, and they are proud of that and proud of themselves and their country.

While travelling with my wife we had many problems because her passport was Thai and it hurt her.

I had to fight with many governments and border crossings.

I never forget in Mexico when she broke down crying and said to me 'Darling why the people all bad to Thailand, Thailand good to everyone, we welcome everyone'.

And she was right.

I have witnessed the outright tight-fistedness of farangs towards Thais who have so little, looking at these farangs who have everything angrily fighting over 10 baht.

It wrecks my head.

And for the poster who commented how taxi drivers treat white farangs different that affluent asians... You ever wonder WHY?????

Farangs have unfortunatley abused their position of good fortune in a previously very welcoming nation. It is the young, always the young, who will look in anger as their parents, sisters are berated, abused, and taken advantage of, look on in anger.

The young grow up.

The young HAVE grown up.

There are many good farangs go to thailand.

And its ok to drink, its ok to have fun with the ladies, its ok to barted reasonably.

Its not ok to act with lack of decency and respect to other people and another culture.

Its no ok to be degrading, or abusive.

Thailand has suffered DECADES of BULLSHIT from foreigners, surely you don't think sooner or later the farang will reap what they sow???

Do you think if the shoe was on the other foot and you grew up in a poor farangland for generations, for decades, watching everyday Asians, affluent for no reason other than trade and economic imbalances maintained by wars and violence (yes us) coming to your country treating your parents like crap, talking shit to people, screwing your sister, mother who only do it to support themselves and family and treating them like dirt.

Do you think you'd be any different.

I don't know what provoked this attack IN PARTICULAR, but I see clearly what has invoked a growing anti-farang sentiment in a country and people I love very much.

I hope you tried to minimise your wife's anguish. Many Thais are trafficked, often by other Thais, in the sex industry and low paid jobs overseas and border controls are in place for the Thai females' protection, not for unnecessary harassment. Western males are sometimes also involved and one of the mechanisms is claiming false relations as evidenced by the rigour applied to visa requests to establish the validity of a relationship and to reduce the likelihood of overstays and illegal workers, many of whom end up in the sex industry and vulnerable to exploitation.

The vics sister said the taxi driver tried to decapitate her brother? Musta done some serious damage with the sword as there is a hospital literally 100 yards away. Mentioned in another thread in the bangkok local folder the body was left in a pool of blood under a white sheet on the pavement for anyone driving past to see.

Warning: Graphic Images: http://farangdeath.tumblr.com/

I for one think that they deserve the proposed Fare rise that was put forward a few months ago.

No seat belts, hardly ever know where they're going, chop you up with a samurai sword. Customer service worth paying more for.

• Like 1

What I should imagine is the problem will be, the Taxi driver is off his head on Crystal Meth in some form or fashion, like so many people are in the Thailand we live in today... possibly starting to come down severely Hypo & Paranoid & ready to fly off the handle at the least excuse... There are millions of Thais addicted to this all over the Country, & the corrupt people in places of authority are making so much $$$ out of it that nothing is going to change any time soon, so keep your heads down & expect to see this sort of behavior on the increase until finally the powers that be decide to put a stop to it, Don't hold your breath.....

• Like 1

First part of video with the foreigner in the frame in slow motion:

At 25 seconds into the slow motion, as the Thai is stepping backward, is the foreigner following him?

the driver was probably on edge and having a bad day.

There are only going to be more and more people 'on edge' as the poor get poorer. Too many 'wants' without the discipline to delay gratification or ability to satisfy those wants without getting into debt.

:)

More likely that they have no way to get their wants without getting into debt. As you said the poor are getting poorer and they are not poor because they're turning down well paying employment. For most of them it's not about delaying gratification there aren't enough good paying jobs for them.

It's all relative. I could put myself into debt by buying a G-V but I choose to delay gratification for 20-30 years or maybe until the next generation or next. For most folks, their Gulfstream is booze, lottery, msc. gambling, flatscreens, Vigo's, iPhone's, etc. And then they rationalize how such a "must have" purchase has no opportunity cost or rippling repercussions to the future.

Yes... and just imagine if the shoe ends up on the other foot...

What if all the Thais start recording the bullshit behavioural patterns of the farangs! and start posting them online (many of which will be seen by their wives, girlfriends, families and employers in farangland). Then perhaps

Accountability and FARANGS are going to be at major odds when many lesser common practices and tendencies can't be swept under the rug. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

maybe yes but western cultures don't pass as many reputation preserving laws and certainly don't force websites to censor as much as Thailand does.

But your probably right a lot of people who go to Thailand to get away with stuff.

Could this be the beginning of the end of Thai tourism?

You have to remember, 99% of these people were more or less just wallowing around in the mud not much more than 20 years ago, and they've never had a propensity towards serious thought. "We" have slowly grown into where we're at over several hundred years. The Thai and SE Asia has been thrust into it over the last 20-30.

But then again, we're not here for serious thought, are we? You can't have it both ways... A mostly relaxed, care-free way of life with few nanny laws, goes hand-in-hand with police officers drinking whiskey outside the office and over-filled trucks speeding at 120km an hour through small towns.... And being hacked to death by samurai swords over taxi fair disagreements.

"You have to remember, 99% of these people were more or less just wallowing around in the mud not much more than 20 years ago, and they've never had a propensity towards serious thought."

This is exactly the kind of F*&^% up attitude which creates the culture of hatred towards farangs.

agreed - it is people like this that put the chips on a lot of locals shoulders

• Like 1

Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways.

First you say there is no excuse for this attack with a waepon, then you backtrack as say that it must have been provoked. Did you watch the video? The farang was unarmed, walking away when he was attacked from behind. The farang may have balked at a fare price or had some verbal altercation with the Thai, but it is no excuse to kill him on the street.

This is my point exactly.

In most other countries you can express yourself and if offense is taken then you may get a punch in the face, and that is extreme in my book. But here, it is much more likely the offended will reach for a weapon and see it as justification to murder you.

I also agree with the other poster... Thais are very cowardly, because so many carry weapons. But I would say that above all this. Tuk Tuk and Taxi drivers are probably the worst to annoy. For some reason they seem to think they are above the law and almost always have a weapon and over react in a situation.

I will guarantee one thing is for sure.

The farang will in no way have deserved what he got, no matter what he did. This is why the attitude here to life is in total contradiction to the so called state religion of Buddhism.

That's why the streets are crawling with manky soi dogs, because they think it is wrong to control them by destruction orders, yet if a human offends another, they will shoot you or hack you down like a manky soi dog.

Please please lets have some logic here. What on earth has some nutcase got to do with a religion, or a state religion, or Buddhism?

I'll tell you, so you know from now on and don't need to worry yourself with your vexatious thought forms.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

ok?

Streuth mate give us all a break

Thailand is 95% Buddhist. So.....95 out of 100 taxi drivers would be Buddhist. So I guess that make the odds overwhelming that this taxi driver was a .....wait for it..... Buddhist. I have been here a long time and have heard a lot of Buddhist talk, but do not see a whole lot of Thai people following the precepts of Buddhism. Clearly this taxi driver is one of them...

Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways. First you say there is no excuse for this attack with a waepon, then you backtrack as say that it must have been provoked. Did you watch the video? The farang was unarmed, walking away when he was attacked from behind. The farang may have balked at a fare price or had some verbal altercation with the Thai, but it is no excuse to kill him on the street.

This is my point exactly. In most other countries you can express yourself and if offense is taken then you may get a punch in the face, and that is extreme in my book. But here, it is much more likely the offended will reach for a weapon and see it as justification to murder you. I also agree with the other poster... Thais are very cowardly, because so many carry weapons. But I would say that above all this. Tuk Tuk and Taxi drivers are probably the worst to annoy. For some reason they seem to think they are above the law and almost always have a weapon and over react in a situation. I will guarantee one thing is for sure. The farang will in no way have deserved what he got, no matter what he did. This is why the attitude here to life is in total contradiction to the so called state religion of Buddhism. That's why the streets are crawling with manky soi dogs, because they think it is wrong to control them by destruction orders, yet if a human offends another, they will shoot you or hack you down like a manky soi dog.
Please please lets have some logic here. What on earth has some nutcase got to do with a religion, or a state religion, or Buddhism?I'll tell you, so you know from now on and don't need to worry yourself with your vexatious thought forms. ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGok?Streuth mate give us all a break
Thailand is 95% Buddhist. So.....95 out of 100 taxi drivers would be Buddhist. So I guess that make the odds overwhelming that this taxi driver was a .....wait for it..... Buddhist. I have been here a long time and have heard a lot of Buddhist talk, but do not see a whole lot of Thai people following the precepts of Buddhism. Clearly this taxi driver is one of them...

Yeah, and Christians/Muslims/Jews always follow their rules. Bhuddhists just lack that hypocritical addon/plugin that says that anything that breaks the rules are Bhuddha's will or grand plan.

:-)

I just got a Taxi from Ekkamai to Moo Baan Nakkila. As is the case 99% of the time, the driver was courteous, drove well and was polite. I gave him 200 baht instead of the 115 on the meter because of his behavior. Funny thing was - he had 2 little CCTV cameras in his taxi which I thought was a bit of a turnaround.

I have had 1 problem with a taxi in my 15 years here. He was driving like a psychopath and was clearly on drugs. I just told him "here please" and got out at Sathorn, not where I wanted to go. I would be amazed if that guy didn't have an accident that day.

Most tourist spots around the world end up causing friction between the locals and the tourists. The people with tourist facing jobs all over the world have to put up with a lot of crap and often the local youths like to use this as an excuse to start fights with tourists. I've seen it in many places. Whichever tourist destination you are in the world, you have to be aware that you will be resented by a small percentage of the local population. You have to be aware that this resentment will see people using the flimsiest excuse to lash out at you. You also have to be aware that tourist destinations attract a lot of scumbags that go there specifically to rip off tourists. In our temporary home, that includes the local constabulary who pay to get transferred to places like Pattaya.

Also on a cultural bent. Americans are very forward. As an Englishman, it would be rare for me to just speak to some stranger in public but I've had loads of Americans just spark up a conversation with me. I think it's pretty cool. Americans are also very vocal when they complain - they don't pull any punches. We've all heard of the "Angry American" - but it's just a cultural thing, there is nothing inherently wrong with it. In England we would look down on it but then we'd also sit complaining amongst ourselves about a shitty meal and when the waitress came round asking how it was we'd all chorus "fine thanks".

Anyway - suffice to say that the combination of being very vocal in complaining & some scumbag with a huge chip on his shoulder and a Samurai sword in the car is a very unfortunate one.

My own Thai wife worries about me, that I'll say something to a Thai one day that will have the knives out. My Thai wife will not take a taxi at night either. My secretary won't. In fact, I only know a couple of Thai women that will take a taxi at night on their own, the majority won't.

It's not all Thais that are on the verge of cracking as is made out by some on here. I know plenty of Thai people that are just as worried about someone pulling a knife/gun because of a perceived slight as we are. I know plenty of Thai people that won't get into taxis at night. I know plenty of Thai people that really worry about road rage here. It's not that all Thais are nuts, just that there are some people out there who overreact to the slightest perceived slight.

I got hit by a motorbike on Tuesday. I was crossing Ratchada just past the Rama 9 junction - a row of cars had stopped to let me go. The last one was a white van. As we came past the van, a bike came round and we saw each other too late and it hit me and my son. We both went flying. The bike stopped and so did the bike that witnessed it from behind. 4 Thai people were stood there. I went to see if the bike rider was ok after checking my son and he was ok but he'd scuffed his bike. He asked for some money for it and then the other Thais (4 pedestrians and a biker) started talking to him saying how it was his fault and how he shouldn't ask for money. This went on for 5 minutes and I said to my son "just ask him how much he wants" as I'd heard "300 Baht" mentioned and I'd put blame at 50/50. The Thai woman close to me told me off immediately and said "no, you should not have to pay". I stepped back bemused and left them all to it. After another 5 minutes it was sorted, we didn't have to pay. I shook hands with the rider than hit us, we said sorry to each other and it was smiles all round. At no point did anyone get angry, at no point did anyone try to blame the westerner.

I often take bike rides on the klongs of Bang Kapi, Min Buri and Lat Krabang where everyone stops and smiles and generally treat me like a celebrity - the thing is Thai people are generally nice in my experience. I just do not expect any niceties when it's 1am and I'm getting a taxi in Sukhumvit 11 purely because I'm not dealing with your typical Thai but someone who is potentially there to rip me off or someone with a big chip on their shoulder.

Let me understand this. You were attempting to cross Rachadaphisek near Rama IX and stopping traffic to do so?! Are aware that you could have used the nearby MRT station at Phra Ram 9 to make that crossing if you were north of Rama IX? If you were on the south side of Rama IX, there is a pedestrian crosswalk. Rachadaphisek has median barriers in place along a good deal of its length to prevent pedestrians and motorbikes from attempting to go across at inadvisable places (aka attempted suicide).

Unless I've misread your post, you were jaywalking, obstructing traffic on a very important road and risking injury or death ... not to mention aggravating a few motorists.

Edited by MaxYakov

You have to remember, 99% of these people were more or less just wallowing around in the mud not much more than 20 years ago, and they've never had a propensity towards serious thought. "We" have slowly grown into where we're at over several hundred years. The Thai and SE Asia has been thrust into it over the last 20-30.

But then again, we're not here for serious thought, are we? You can't have it both ways... A mostly relaxed, care-free way of life with few nanny laws, goes hand-in-hand with police officers drinking whiskey outside the office and over-filled trucks speeding at 120km an hour through small towns.... And being hacked to death by samurai swords over taxi fair disagreements.

"You have to remember, 99% of these people were more or less just wallowing around in the mud not much more than 20 years ago, and they've never had a propensity towards serious thought."

This is exactly the kind of F*&^% up attitude which creates the culture of hatred towards farangs.

Not necessarily. If this were your own country, of which you were clearly a 'have not' and your country was as nationalistic as Thailand, would you be happy that all these foreigners come to your country to kick back, relax and do things you could never dream of doing. No, once the novelty of having these 'visitors' wore off you would likely show a lot of prejudice towards them (to be fair especially when the visitors are acting like c**ts), which is whats beginning to happen now.

• Like 1

I just got a Taxi from Ekkamai to Moo Baan Nakkila. As is the case 99% of the time, the driver was courteous, drove well and was polite. I gave him 200 baht instead of the 115 on the meter because of his behavior. Funny thing was - he had 2 little CCTV cameras in his taxi which I thought was a bit of a turnaround.

I have had 1 problem with a taxi in my 15 years here. He was driving like a psychopath and was clearly on drugs. I just told him "here please" and got out at Sathorn, not where I wanted to go. I would be amazed if that guy didn't have an accident that day.

Most tourist spots around the world end up causing friction between the locals and the tourists. The people with tourist facing jobs all over the world have to put up with a lot of crap and often the local youths like to use this as an excuse to start fights with tourists. I've seen it in many places. Whichever tourist destination you are in the world, you have to be aware that you will be resented by a small percentage of the local population. You have to be aware that this resentment will see people using the flimsiest excuse to lash out at you. You also have to be aware that tourist destinations attract a lot of scumbags that go there specifically to rip off tourists. In our temporary home, that includes the local constabulary who pay to get transferred to places like Pattaya.

Also on a cultural bent. Americans are very forward. As an Englishman, it would be rare for me to just speak to some stranger in public but I've had loads of Americans just spark up a conversation with me. I think it's pretty cool. Americans are also very vocal when they complain - they don't pull any punches. We've all heard of the "Angry American" - but it's just a cultural thing, there is nothing inherently wrong with it. In England we would look down on it but then we'd also sit complaining amongst ourselves about a shitty meal and when the waitress came round asking how it was we'd all chorus "fine thanks".

Anyway - suffice to say that the combination of being very vocal in complaining & some scumbag with a huge chip on his shoulder and a Samurai sword in the car is a very unfortunate one.

My own Thai wife worries about me, that I'll say something to a Thai one day that will have the knives out. My Thai wife will not take a taxi at night either. My secretary won't. In fact, I only know a couple of Thai women that will take a taxi at night on their own, the majority won't.

It's not all Thais that are on the verge of cracking as is made out by some on here. I know plenty of Thai people that are just as worried about someone pulling a knife/gun because of a perceived slight as we are. I know plenty of Thai people that won't get into taxis at night. I know plenty of Thai people that really worry about road rage here. It's not that all Thais are nuts, just that there are some people out there who overreact to the slightest perceived slight.

I got hit by a motorbike on Tuesday. I was crossing Ratchada just past the Rama 9 junction - a row of cars had stopped to let me go. The last one was a white van. As we came past the van, a bike came round and we saw each other too late and it hit me and my son. We both went flying. The bike stopped and so did the bike that witnessed it from behind. 4 Thai people were stood there. I went to see if the bike rider was ok after checking my son and he was ok but he'd scuffed his bike. He asked for some money for it and then the other Thais (4 pedestrians and a biker) started talking to him saying how it was his fault and how he shouldn't ask for money. This went on for 5 minutes and I said to my son "just ask him how much he wants" as I'd heard "300 Baht" mentioned and I'd put blame at 50/50. The Thai woman close to me told me off immediately and said "no, you should not have to pay". I stepped back bemused and left them all to it. After another 5 minutes it was sorted, we didn't have to pay. I shook hands with the rider than hit us, we said sorry to each other and it was smiles all round. At no point did anyone get angry, at no point did anyone try to blame the westerner.

I often take bike rides on the klongs of Bang Kapi, Min Buri and Lat Krabang where everyone stops and smiles and generally treat me like a celebrity - the thing is Thai people are generally nice in my experience. I just do not expect any niceties when it's 1am and I'm getting a taxi in Sukhumvit 11 purely because I'm not dealing with your typical Thai but someone who is potentially there to rip me off or someone with a big chip on their shoulder.

Let me understand this. You were attempting to cross Rachadaphisek near Rama IX and stopping traffic to do so?! Are aware that you could have used the nearby MRT station at Phra Ram 9 to make that crossing if you were north of Rama IX? If you were on the south side of Rama IX, there is a pedestrian crosswalk. Rachadaphisek has median barriers in place along a good deal of its length to prevent pedestrians and motorbikes from attempting to go across at inadvisable places (aka attempted suicide).

Unless I've misread your post, you were jaywalking, obstructing traffic on a very important road and risking injury or death ... not to mention aggravating a few motorists.

Yes, I crossed the road at a pedestrian crossing. I do understand that this is a high risk activity here but it is where everyone else crosses the road!

• Like 1

so, one cab driver loses control, kills a foreigner and suddenly thailand becomes a country full of killing maniacs who deeply hate farang people and can kill them and walk free. sigh... can the people who think like that please get their bags, take a cab (pun intended), drive to bkk airport and leave.

One???? You need to read the papers or internet a little more. Phuket and Pattaya are out of control. Or better stated, in control by Thai and Russian mafia. Try renting a scodoo and get a scratch on it or not and see what happens.

I rely on my own radar.

Thailand is a country with approx 65.000.000 people. Majority of tourists come-enjoy-leave without ANY problem. Majority of expats living and working here do not get into trouble either. Then there is TV and a bunch of frustrated males who hate Thailand/Thai but stick here because "home" sucks too (they ran into the very same problems there as they do here). Thailand is not perfect, it's a country in fast-evolution but if thailand were as dangerous as some clowns here wanna make people believe, western embassies would WARN people not to go.

Not sure if you read one of my earlier posts. But i will reiterate it here.

If my wife had her way, we would never get into a taxi or tuk tuk. This also goes for leaving our car unlocked at traffic lights, also walking alone at night. That is in relatively peaceful Korat town, let alone the more famous trouble hotspots of Thailand.

Thailand very dangerous, and that's not just her, that is her brother and parents too. This is not Thailand bashing, I am more laid back about than she is. But i am slowly changing my view.

Thais are just as wary of Thailand's problems as foreigners are.

Yeah, and the reason every Thai house has a complete wall around it is?????????????????? And the reason every Thai house has at least 50 f;;;;;;g dogs barking is??????????????????????? Right, security from all the Farongs out to steal their ghost houses. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1
  • Like 1

This is exactly the kind of F*&^% up attitude which creates the culture of hatred towards farangs.

Not necessarily. If this were your own country, of which you were clearly a 'have not' and your country was as nationalistic as Thailand, would you be happy that all these foreigners come to your country to kick back, relax and do things you could never dream of doing. No, once the novelty of having these 'visitors' wore off you would likely show a lot of prejudice towards them (to be fair especially when the visitors are acting like c**ts), which is whats beginning to happen now.

Are you saying that Thais are unable to pursue their dreams and hopes? There are more than a few who are doing that, the ones who don´t, haven´t got the right mind-set and doubt they ever will. There will always be those who try and those who don´t, stop apologizing for the lazy thinkers.

First part of video with the foreigner in the frame in slow motion:

At 25 seconds into the slow motion, as the Thai is stepping backward, is the foreigner following him?

I think the strike at the neck was the deadly strike. The Thai was backing off as the foreigner lunge at him.