buying a jcb in Thailand or import one which is best

Hi I am looking for a JCb 3cx or Cat 420 looking for a 93 to a 99 model as dont want to spend a fortune.

Is it better to buy one that is already in Thailand or to import one into Thailand?

Do i need an import license for Thailand to import machinery from the UK.

Thanks for any advice given

A monk I know bought some new equipment last year, rotovator and other things, for his tractor. He got the tractor (new holland) from England and the add-ons (howard) from Malaysia. He recently bought a Cat digger (don't know the specs) 2nd hand here. The Cat is a wreck, wierd repairs to the cab, all different wheels, hoses blowing every time he starts it. The imported stuff is much better. He is a Thai, and he reckons the extra cost of importing saves on the cost of repairs later. There is some paperwork involved, but no more than other countries. But hey, I'm no expert. He is however a professor who grows rice as a part of a research project for an agricultural university.

I would think of spare parts, bits for a JCB where would you buy them? without spending time,and more than likly comeing in to Bkk. Your monk probably had spare's problems and had to "bodge" all the time.

Go for second hand import from Japan ,spare parts are avalible,local lads can fix them.

The monk is pretty particular about doing things right. I'm just saying he's Thai and he advised importing. His tractor is second hand, imported like you advised, including spares when he needs them. The dodgy bits were on equipment he bought in Thailand. He even said the new stuff is made from substandard materials. Rust sets in quicker, parts break easier, gear ratios are incorrect etc.