True Online - rubbish service

Malthus101

im laughing my ass of at the OP, new to thailand, probably in some budget apartment building on the cheapest internet package the company offers and served by retards.

BTW i have been on true for years both adsl and cable and except for one period of about a month on Docsis where they were having hardware issues and were sending out a technician (retard acc OP) or calling to ask me about line quality and speed service has been very good.

I get about 8 or 9 mbps on a single thread international, my voip quality is better than my mobile and my 30/3 mbps connection will do bursting to 50 mbps while multi threaded downloading or torrenting.

youtube hulu, netflix and all that, no problem, though bbc can be spotty. Occasionally encounter routing issues, but easily corrected with a vpn

I also find it odd to complain about poor service when they dispatched technicians you found inconvenient.

Welcome to thailand Malthus, i hop its everything you dreamed it would be

what vpn are u using?

I have found a lot to choose from but many are not very stable..

you get 30/3 with true?

And if I tell them it's because their service is poor, then what? I'm not paying them a penny, I'll just chuck their router in the bin.

Managed to find their call center number online.

Spoke to a few tards before someone could speak English. Explained the problem. He just sounded confused. Said their own system for running checks was currently down and he would call me within 2 hours.

No phonecall.

But all this morning, I am getting some phonecall disturbing my sleep. I finally answer. Some woman from True. "Hello, yes the engineers have come but you're not answering your door?"

? - never booked engineers to come.

About 3 hours later when I'm busy, 2 engineers just turn up unannounced.

They speak no English and are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

One has a micro-filter in his hand - he manages to ask me where the telephone is. "I don't have or use a landline".

"Oh...." so he unplugs the ethernet from the wall, looks at it. Then from the router, looks at it. Tries to stuff it into the micro-filter, but it's the wrong shape.

"Uh....." then talks to me in fluent Thai as he just hopes I will understand. "Sorry, I don't speak Thai yet" I tell him and show them out.

After I close the door I hear them falling over themselves, giggling with schoolboy laughter (one was mid-forties)

Tonight - audio still cutting out of my webinar every 2 seconds - little flash symbol just spinning round and round on my screen.

Problem not fixed one iota.

Thais really are retards aren't they when it comes to this sort of thing.

"They speak no English and are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee."

Talking about retards, and offensive ones at that, have you noticed that we are in Thailand were the national language is Thai? Why would you expect a Thai tradesman (no disrespect intended) to speak your foreign language? If you don't like True, change.

• 4 months later...

True service is just laughable. Moved to new apartment 15 months ago and on moving in was told by management here that True were the company providing internet service. I had intended to continue with my AIS contract. But took management's word, paid the AIS penalty for disconnection and took a 12 month contract with True. Service for the first 4 months was just fine, not a problem at all. After that there seemed to be continuous problems. On 11 separate occasions the service operator made appointments for a technician to turn up at my apartment to rectify the issue. Not even on one occasion did a technician turn up on the day booked, which really made no difference because the issue resolved itself and the internet started working again.

The twelve month contract ended at the end of June 2014. True has continued to send the monthly invoices as per normal and I have paid them on time with the expectation the service would continue. In the last 3 days the internet has become slower and slower and at about 9:30 PM tonight the connection was lost. On the router, was a solid red light showing there was no internet connection.

Shut down the router and restarted both the router and my computer, still no connection. I called True and after much mucking around and the telephone being cut off twice, the nice lady said the system was old and I would need to change settings for the router. We did this over the phone, still no success. She then advised that the router was old and only meant to last 12 months. My options were to have a technician come out maybe tomorrow, or go to True shop and sign a new 12 month contract and I could have a new router for free or I could go purchase a router of my own and True would book a technician to do the installation at a charge. End result would be that my internet would be down until one of these options was sorted. No I would not get a re-credit on what I had already paid and if I wanted to terminate the service as i was now on a monthly contract then I would need to go to a True shop and cancel it personally but I would have no refund. She then said, I should have known that the router was only guaranteed to last 12 months, True had no responsibility beyond that ... but why did you invoice and continue to take my money in full knowledge that the service would likely fail?

As we argued for the next 20 minutes, I shutdown both laptop and router and finally all re-established and I had internet. Very nice lady said it was because of what she did at her end that it all worked! Although she did clearly tell me restarting the router or my computer would have no positive result.

I pointed out to her that she had said the router was no good and I needed replaced! She backed this up saying it would happen again and I would need a new router, she had given me my choices and now I had to make a decision.

Easy decision. Back to AIS or 3BB or anyone of the other providers now advertising in the condo lifts.

Terrible experience with True.

I had a problem with the connection after a power cut. Called up True and the operator spent about 20 mins getting us to do various things to rectify the problem. Finally, it was decided a call out was needed and was arranged for the next day. Two engineers came the following day and connection was resumed after 10 mins of them arriving.

Very efficient and I was impresssed. Maybe I was just lucky.

Btw...been with True for a year and 4 months and the router hasn't been replaced yet.

• 4 weeks later...

i can't agree more!!!

damn shit service/up time..

some days i have to turn the router off and on.. again and again and again... ARGH

is there any alternative!? anyone.? PLEASE!!

i was so tempted to upgrade to a better package in a bid to try improve the service.. however i was thinking... if they can't even get the basic service right... why would i risk paying so much more for.. potentially the same service with more channels/speed but same down time!

anyways... same thing goes for True mobile coverage in prakanong area... i'm so glad my phone line contract is over and i will switch to AIS.. albeit a little more expensive..

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why I have to pay for cable and listen to Thai propaganda on my TV for an hour every day either. Isn't that the whole point in paying for something.... I am not forced to watch things I don't want to see.

I thought true was ok for a time, then I tried to cancel my service and I hate them now, will never use them again. They made it so difficult to cancel it was not even funny, and they are taking 2 months to get the deposit back to me for the router.

Total bs company. I'll try TOT or anybody else next time.

• 1 year later...

Old thread but I'll get it going again...

I just called True to ask about settings for my wife's phone to connect to our home wifi & @TRUEWIFI, the True 'agent' on the other end of the phone was very rude and would not stop talking over the top of me, he completely misunderstood my question and just kept on talking over me with the same reply, as if he was talking to naughty child, completely ignoring me trying to explain that they weren't giving me the right answer!! AAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I can appreciate that they have to deal with some pretty snotty customers but all I was trying to do was convey my question in a way as to be understood, but instead I was treated like an idiot, NOT a good experience.

So now I want to make a complaint, but lo and behold, there doesn't seem to be a complaints procedure on the TRUE website...

Cancel your subscription and move to another operator. That's the best way to complain.

That's a risk and they know it, We've changed a couple of times over the years and found that True was the best of a bad bunch, unfortunately.

Another thing to consider is one persons good experience can equally be another persons misery, even as next door neighbours using the same provider, the same modem etc.

I just want someone who cares, to listen to me, and possibly other customers who don't appreciate being talked to like a fool, and perhaps a memo being sent around the call centre staff suggesting not to interrupt, not to talk down to, and to actually listen to customers, whilst realising that the customers are the ones they are servicing, not the other way around, they're not doing me a favour!

Yes it's crap, not just the speed but the up and down signal, often get unstable message on phone or cutting off on laptop.

It's fine on my S6 Edge, fine on my PC now that a new modem has been installed just last week(after the last modem lasted for only a couple of months having been installed incorrectly by an 'engineer' who didn't seem to know what he was doing).

But my wife's S7 edge, it's not fine, and all I wanted was a little help with any possible settings on the phone that may have helped. Instead I got talked to like a child.

Edited by MaiDong

And if I tell them it's because their service is poor, then what? I'm not paying them a penny, I'll just chuck their router in the bin.

Managed to find their call center number online.

Spoke to a few tards before someone could speak English. Explained the problem. He just sounded confused. Said their own system for running checks was currently down and he would call me within 2 hours.

No phonecall.

But all this morning, I am getting some phonecall disturbing my sleep. I finally answer. Some woman from True. "Hello, yes the engineers have come but you're not answering your door?"

? - never booked engineers to come.

About 3 hours later when I'm busy, 2 engineers just turn up unannounced.

They speak no English and are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

One has a micro-filter in his hand - he manages to ask me where the telephone is. "I don't have or use a landline".

"Oh...." so he unplugs the ethernet from the wall, looks at it. Then from the router, looks at it. Tries to stuff it into the micro-filter, but it's the wrong shape.

"Uh....." then talks to me in fluent Thai as he just hopes I will understand. "Sorry, I don't speak Thai yet" I tell him and show them out.

After I close the door I hear them falling over themselves, giggling with schoolboy laughter (one was mid-forties)

Tonight - audio still cutting out of my webinar every 2 seconds - little flash symbol just spinning round and round on my screen.

Problem not fixed one iota.

Dunno about the giggling True Online staff part...

But in all other respects -- promised call-backs that never come, un-announced/unscheduled service calls out of the blue, repeated failures to fix the problem, failure to communicate with the customer, etc etc. -- all of that is typical fare for True Online in BKK.