Kidnappers Target Gay Commuity In Thailand

donshows

Well, I'll ask him again, but that was what one of the guys who got robbed told me about Gaydar the last time I spoke with him about it.

Maybe the Disney syndrome? As long as things stay hushed up, it's easier than fixing a tricky problem like ride safety or petty crime in the park?

"Steven"

I know what you mean. But I've reported a few suspect profiles to Gaydar (where the profile text made it look like there was something commercial or otherwise iffy behind it) and Gaydar admin responded very fast to me and removed the offending profiles immediately.

As I said before, if there is police (and embassy) evidence to prove the point, I'm sure that Gaydar would normally respond accordingly - and fast.

I know (distantly) one of the victimes of this robbery scheme. I would be grateful if someone could send me the photos of the suspects. If I can get their identity independently confirmed I will consider putting their pictures up in my blog to warn people. (What are the crooks going to do about it? Sue me?)

My email is [email protected]

The blog is at http://gaythailand.blogspot.com

Thank you for your help :o

Silom Farang

Any post or mail ending with something like

Please pass this on to anyone you think should know about this.

should generally be considered to be a hoax and NOT passed on.

If you are the one who had a gun pointed at you and a knife at your throat...you'd know the difference of a hoax or not. All I'm trying to do is get these men off the streets and keep them from hurting more people like you and me. So...if you are not a part of the solution...you are a part of the problem...GEES. These guys have hurt many gay men here in Thailand. They have stolen millions of Bhat from us...and I want this stopped. So please help by helping me find other victim who want to help keep these men in jail.

Madsere, you're not reading very carefully. The OP is a victim and several members who've posted here have already said we know other victims. It's not a hoax.

Silomfarang, I'll get those photos to you soon (and to one or two others who've recently requested them).

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...
Madsere, you're not reading very carefully. The OP is a victim and several members who've posted here have already said we know other victims. It's not a hoax.

Silomfarang, I'll get those photos to you soon (and to one or two others who've recently requested them).

"Steven"

The kidnappers are still in jail and it appears that they will stay in jail because they were arrested last year for the same crime and jumped bail. I've have 4 interviews with the Thai police and all have been very good and proper. It appears that they are working very well on my case the 3 others that have been filed against them.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently heard that a few embassies have gotten involved and that there will be a few foreigners flying in to Thailand simply to re-identify the guys who assaulted them. It's looking like the police can't let them slip away quietly this time without losing a *lot* of face... some good news on this story.

"Steven"

I have recently heard that a few embassies have gotten involved and that there will be a few foreigners flying in to Thailand simply to re-identify the guys who assaulted them. It's looking like the police can't let them slip away quietly this time without losing a *lot* of face... some good news on this story.

"Steven"

Steve: Can you share with me who is returning to Thailand? I'd like to know and meet them. I've met several already and would like to meet others. Also..which embassies are coopeating...Australia is not so forthcoming. Thanks...DON

Actually, Don, I don't know who they are (I heard this from someone who knew them) and I don't know if the victim I personally know is one of the guys coming... and to be honest, I wouldn't feel comfortable revealing the information here without their permission even if I knew. But I'll see what I can find out more specifically....

"Steven"

OP is circulating his story through email among my group of friends. I have seen the pictures he mentions, and my friend who was victimised previously confirms it is the same guy. The pictures were also printed in the Thai news when the guy was initially arrested. My friend speculates that the guy simply pays the police off to release him (he should have been in jail for years, or deported).

Gaydar has apparently been alerted about the guy, but they don't care.

If anyone would like to see the photos (for entertainment purposes only, of course) please PM me with an email address- may take me a day or two to reply; I'm a little busy just now!

"Steven"

^Yes??

To spare myself a bit of trouble, and also point out an interesting website and blog, I would refer those who want to see the pictures to the warning on the following blog, which contains the same pictures I was told were the criminal's (it is the 2nd item on the warning page):

http://gayboythailand.com/blog/category/warning/

• 5 weeks later...

First of all I want ot say I am so happy they caught this guy. I did run into one of the victonms in Siliom soi 4. I was chatting wtih a friend and notice this guys phone was ringing crazy (phone of the victom) he was speaking english and pllanning on meeting several boys, it seeed his phone did not stop ringing and he made several phone calls himself....well then he started to talk to me and tell me the stroy of getting kidnapped, I must admit me and my frined thought it wasw s hoax, it was hard for me and my friend t image that accouding to his own worlds, the vitcim that htis had only happend 1 week before, and that he was still chatting and planning dates from the net...honnest me and my friend just toook it as a wild bar story and went on....I had no idea it was tru, and frankly if that happpend to me I would NOT be out just after one week meeting more guys again.......this guys was in his 60 told me he met the guys around Ladprao subway staion and the rest of the stroy was the same..do NOT get me wrong I am NOT trying to blame the victom, I think no one deserves to go through that, but once you are in your 60s and you do NOT learn and just one week you are meeting guys agian on the net I really question some of thse guys...I would NOT have gone back out to meet guys on teh net for mohtys or years after soemthing that bad happpend, maybe it is just me ...

once agian I am NOT trying to blame the victionm but wan to point out that one week after this happend the vitiem was planning and actively still meeting guys from the net.....

huh?

so you totally quit meeting people when something bad happens?

would it be safer in a bar?

Life goes on ... doubt he makes the same mistake ever again ... (different mistakes? probably!)

HI...I think you may have met me...I was the second to last vicitum of these kidnappers and I was kidnapped and robbeed March 13 and 14. So maybe I'm the "victum" you are talking about. I do go to soi 4 sometimes and that is where I tried to tell other protential victums of what had happened to me. And Yes...I am still meeting people from the internet. I do use my mobile a lot but not just to meet "boys"...so you may have not heard correctly while I was talking on the phone.

If you think I'm crazy to still want to meet nice people over the internet..that is your choice. I went through a terrible 14 hours that night I was being held. And I could let that stop me from many things. Some of my friends told me I should leave Thailand. Some told me to move from my apartment. I've done neither. I've decided to stay and help the Thai Police and the USA Embassy to make sure these guys never see the light of day again.

These kidnappers have been doing this for 5 years. If someone had done what I and the last victum are doing now...we would not have been a vicitum at all. Other victums just got on an airplane and ran away to leave the rest of us to be victumized. They were afraid to let anyone know they are gay...that is there choice also. I'm not afraid and will not let anyone make me afraid. I'm also not going to stop what I think is good for me..to meet nice men on line and hopefully develope some good friends...which I have in the 3 years I've been in Thailand.

When I put the information on this sight...I was criticized for that also. But I just wanted to make sure that people knew what happening and hopefully keep others from being victums also. So..that's what I have to say!! Hopefully I have explained things so that it wll be a little easier for everyone to understand. BUT until you have lived through this..you have no idea of what this is all about...and hopefully because I have done what I have done...you will never have this experience.

Thanks....DON

First of all I want ot say I am so happy they caught this guy. I did run into one of the victonms in Siliom soi 4. I was chatting wtih a friend and notice this guys phone was ringing crazy (phone of the victom) he was speaking english and pllanning on meeting several boys, it seeed his phone did not stop ringing and he made several phone calls himself....well then he started to talk to me and tell me the stroy of getting kidnapped, I must admit me and my frined thought it wasw s hoax, it was hard for me and my friend t image that accouding to his own worlds, the vitcim that htis had only happend 1 week before, and that he was still chatting and planning dates from the net...honnest me and my friend just toook it as a wild bar story and went on....I had no idea it was tru, and frankly if that happpend to me I would NOT be out just after one week meeting more guys again.......this guys was in his 60 told me he met the guys around Ladprao subway staion and the rest of the stroy was the same..do NOT get me wrong I am NOT trying to blame the victom, I think no one deserves to go through that, but once you are in your 60s and you do NOT learn and just one week you are meeting guys agian on the net I really question some of thse guys...I would NOT have gone back out to meet guys on teh net for mohtys or years after soemthing that bad happpend, maybe it is just me ...

once agian I am NOT trying to blame the victionm but wan to point out that one week after this happend the vitiem was planning and actively still meeting guys from the net.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Is this not a bit dodgy posting a picture of some guy who may not have anything to do with this story if its a fake! from a legal point of view this could be very unsafe

Good point, Daveb1, but it is not a hoax. My English friend was chatted up on Silom road last year by this guy and his friend, and then driven off and subsequently tied up. They cleaned out his 2 ATM cards and got the keys to his apartment, which they also cleaned out. He was held for about 20 hours, at knife point and with a stungun.

Safe sex takes on a whole new meaning.

• 4 weeks later...

[ok Don I gues it was you, but I and many others who have any sence could NOT belive somone who just went through that would be planning on meeting 2 or 3 more boys on the net less then one week of this very very bad thing from happening, if you do NOT care about your own safty then fine, I know it maybe a one time thing, but I am NOT in to pain or drama and that would reallly make me NOT want to meet guys on the net. Well for how long who knows but NOT less then one week. My friends sititng next to me who heard your story aslso agreed and thought it was just another bar story. Guys you have to note this guy was indeed planning more meetings as he was tellling this story....well I am 39, and am in goood health, and I know it would put me off for more then a week, to be 60 and not affected at all and going out meeting blind dates so sooon..

It works likes this, you are old 60s or more, so you are a good target, the more you do dumb things like that the more likly you are that something is going ot happend, another thing is would you this at 60 in you home country??? be meeting guys 20 or so on the net and going to their home??? umm I think you woujld be to scared, so why do it here? Hey I have nothing agast old guys I am NOT that young myself, and sometimes take chances I should NOT take, I find the older I get the careful I should be, after all do you think they want you at 60 just for you goood looks and your personality?? if you think yes then you are in troulbe.

OK somone made a remark and about my posting back 9 months ago and said if I stop going out just becuase of soemthing bad happening that I would NOT even go to a bar.... well just so happend I have never been kidnapped and had my ATM stolen, etc etc in a ar, almost got into a fight once or twice, but that is about it. Just makes no sence to me how Don you could be so care free less then a week after this happend, m aybe you are more strong then me...

ok now I will wait and see how many will come and bash me for saying this.....it just makes me crazy to hear stories like this, which should NOT happend, but if you are 60 and do NOT learn from a very very serious mistake, then well you maybe like several that have been killed from picking up the wrong boy in Telephone put, or from the gay beach in Pattaya.....have fun, enjoy the boys but be safe, do NOT do things that you would NOT do in your home country, then you will be safe!!!! LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Don read your private messages

YES...as far as I know they are still in jail. I will be talking with the Thai police in a few days to see what is happening with this.

DON

Kidnappers Target Gay Community - July 26 An Up-date.

On March 13, 2006....1 year after I was kidnapped and robbed....the 2 criminals went on trial. Not a nice experience BUT I went to court with my boyfriend and after 4 hours of testimony and intimidation from the 2 criminals the trial ended. Two weeks later, March 30, we went back to court to hear the sentencing. Much to my surprise and relief, each of them was sent to a Thai jail for 15 years each and ordered to return the money they stole from me. I doubt that I will ever see the money but with the wonderful help of my Thai boyfriend, we have filed another case against these two men to pursue this issue. IF they do not return the money, they will be sentenced to more time in jail and that’s all I want.

Another victim of these two men also filed charges and his trial was on July 2. The two criminals have decided to plead guilty to this and we will return to court next week to see how much time they will get for his kidnapping and robbery.

I met 5 other men from all over the world who had been kidnapped, robbed and in several cases, tortured. One was nearly killed by these men.

These two criminal are only in jail because of what I and the other victim did….we went to the Thai police and helped them to catch these two men. These criminals had been kidnapping and robbing older gay men for 5 years and bragged to both of us that they had stolen millions of Bhat during this time and continued to blackmail one man to the turn of 4 million Bhat.

The other good news is that these two criminals have 2 more trials to go through and with and good luck will spend the rest of their lives in a Thai jail.

I have found new hope with the Thai police and judicial system…far more than I ever thought I would. The “district attorney” who prosecuted these two men was a wonderful middle-aged woman who really knew what she was doing and wanted these two men to be in jail a long time. The police who I worked with were great. They asked the right questions and never asked any inappropriate questions…they just wanted the facts and wanted to get these criminals off the streets…which they did.

I also need to thank two wonderful Thai friends who made things so easy for me by going with me to the police and to court. They made a very very difficult time bearable for me.

I can now rest a little easier knowing that these men will not be out of jail for a long long time.

Don, I am friends with another one of the victims, so this is very good news. Good for you for going to the effort of dealing with the legal system and following through until conviction; I hope many more convictions will follow and these guys will enjoy living 50-to-a-cell for many years.

• 2 weeks later...
Don, I am friends with another one of the victims, so this is very good news. Good for you for going to the effort of dealing with the legal system and following through until conviction; I hope many more convictions will follow and these guys will enjoy living 50-to-a-cell for many years.

Hi: Thanks for your information. I have met 5 other men who were kidnapped and robbed by these men. They nearly killed one man from San Francisco. My partner and I are still pursuing this...as the criminals were ordered to repay me the money they took or face more time in jail. So, we are still working on this. I never think I'll get the money back but I can make sure they stay in jail a lot longer. My boyfriend is seeing to this...THANK GOD! Take care...Don

• 5 months later...

I made a reply to a recent post where a newbie asked about meeting 'older men'. My reply was deleted.

For the benefit of older men who are new here and for the complacent I think it wise to give this thread a little bump and re-read.

I agree 100%.

Some people on here seem to think that commenting about " picking up " and gay S. E. X. in LOS (in all of its guises) is tantamount to sexism, heterosexism, taking advantage of poor downtrodden people, exploitation etc etc.

It would seem that there is a need to 'expose' things for what they are. How many times do I see 'new' farangs in Soi 4 or in Pattaya who, it seems, left their brains in London or SFrancisco. They will quite happily be ripped off for drinks and then ripped off for sex and worse.

A friend of mine, intelligent but not very street-wise, has been robbed of mobiles, his wallet, his passport and, recently, a new lap-top.

Tell it all like it is. Issue warnings, descriptions, anything, on here. You may just save someone's life...if you stop worrying about offending or exploitation. The good boys are good, and will not feature.

PEddy

Edited by pauleddy

I made a reply to a recent post where a newbie asked about meeting 'older men'. My reply was deleted.

For the benefit of older men who are new here and for the complacent I think it wise to give this thread a little bump and re-read.

Your reply was removed because it contained unsubstantiated and libellous remarks about a Thaivisa member.

It has been happening for over a year, gay men from Western countries are set up, kidnapped and robbed of hundreds of thousands of Bhat. Men from the USA, England, German, Australia and many other countries are contacted by a gang of 3 or more.

The pattern is always the same. Mature men are contacted through several of the online websites and a meeting is schedule in a public place and then you are taken to an apartment that turns out to be a hotel and a second man is there with a gun and knife. You are then held and forced to give up your PIN to access your credit card and ATM accounts.

Every abduction is very similar with the same results..money gone and you are told not to contact the police because the kidnappers have placed illegal drugs in your home or hotel room and they will notify the Thai Police.

You are terrified and don’t know what to do.

This happened to me a month ago and I’m still dealing with the terror that I went through but I’m also working with the US Embassy and the Thai Police. I have decided to fight these men and try to stop them from hurting and robbing others. I have found out that at least 10 other men have gone through this, as late as February and my kidnapping in March. This kidnapper has now contacted a friend of mine, it is a small world, and we have now informed the US Embassy and will contact the Thai Police regarding this.

The kidnapper is a 26 year old man who is half Thai and Indian, 183cm tall and nice looking. He was arrested last year for the same crime but has been released and is now back at it again. He works with another man who will just show up and act as if he is a good friend. But soon the gun and knife come out and you are stripped naked and handcuffed. Threats are made and a knife is put to your neck and you give your PIN up very easily.

Once they have all the money they can get out of your accounts, you are released and sent on your way with a final warning not to contact police or you will regret it.

For those who have accounts outside of Thailand, you will most likely get your money back. BUT if you have money in any Thai bank, your money is gone. The people at Bangkok Bank told me I shouldn’t have given out my PIN. The only way to get my money back is for the Thai Police to get the thieves and have them return my money.

I’m attaching a photo of the man who kidnapped me. The kidnapper sent his photo to my friend who is talking with him now. So please be on the lookout for him. He will trap you…he is very good at this. If you know of anyone who has had the same experience, please let me know..I’d like to get his information and pass it on to the US Embassy. Names are not necessary, are just trying to get a list of times and date when these kidnapping are taking place so IF these men are caught, we have more information for the police.

Please pass this on to anyone you think should know about this.

Thank for your help.

Very old story this is.