Is there really buried TREASURE on Doi Suthep Mountain?

puukao

There is a rumor of hidden treasure worth roughly 400 million Baht on Doi Suthep Mountain.

Unfortunately, there is nothing on the internet (except this) to report such a treasure.

If in CM and mountain biking or walking on the vast trails on Doi Suthep mountain.......look for the golden box. well, I heard it is hidden a few feet underground.....anyhow, be on the lookout!!

now, when I find it, is it "finder's keepers"? lol. 0% chance. do not worry, I will give it to the museum for all to enjoy.

I don't believe the great mongol empires (circa 1150-1350 AD, I think) ever went through CM; however, they are connected.

possibly priceless coins.

sorry, the ring of invisibility is likely left out.

someone on TV must have a clue.....

:)

sounds a bit like the pirate treasure of benito benito in Queenscliff, Victoria, Australia, life size gold statues, jewels, coins etc. People have been searching for years but are yet to find it. Always good as a draw card for tourism.

A lot of Colorado/Nevada/Arizona mountain towns have treasure buried in the hills.

Back in the old days prospectors and traders would hide some valuables before going into town.

More recently drug traffickers would hide their stash in the mountains

Near Reno Nevada a stage coach was robbed of a barrel of gold and the thieves buried the barrel but were killed later by a posse and the gold was never found.

I am sure something is hidden up on that mountain with the area's golden triangle past

I used to live in the Philippines in the area where general Yamashita retreated from the Yanks and supposedly tried to bring his treasure with him, but as his soldiers disappeared along the way, his treasure shrank and the valley they used has yielded a few treasures and many holes in the landscape that exist today and people are still looking and digging to this day.

This is not rumor, this is documented history.

No this is definitely for real. Some crazy dude in a guesthouse downtown drew a map for me once, but I haven't really had time to go look.

I still have it somewhere; I could scan it and upload.

Hmmm...

Let's see, He knows where the treasure is, but does not go and get it.

I draw treasure maps instead!

Did you pay him anything for the map?

Maybe he's not crazy!

• Like 1

Have you never heard of the word "metaphor"?

This is just someone talking to another about the location as a tourist attraction in general terms much like people can say "Pattaya Beach Road is a gold mine." or "The streets of London are paved with Gold Dick Whittington" this has been overheard and misunderstood, lower IQ people often can not distinguish between reality and verbal imagery.

The mistake is repeated and expanded and thus a myth is soon born.

I get urban legends of this nature at least twice a week from impressionable email contacts that take everything at face value and apply zero common-sense before hitting the forward email button.

• Like 1

I used to live in the Philippines in the area where general Yamashita retreated from the Yanks and supposedly tried to bring his treasure with him, but as his soldiers disappeared along the way, his treasure shrank and the valley they used has yielded a few treasures and many holes in the landscape that exist today and people are still looking and digging to this day.

interesting story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamashita%27s_gold

http://www.bullionstreet.com/news/yamashitas-gold-treasure-remains-an-unsolved-mystery/1163

http://www.deepblacklies.co.uk/hirohitos_gold.htm

for those who like a mystery, this includes Yamashitas Gold and much more. long read.

http://www.divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1023-financial-tyranny

This reminds me of the scam maybe a decade ago, where if I recall correctly, some Phillipinos got the Thai army to go digging for some buried railway car that supposedly had lots of US war bonds, each of which was for millions of dollars. Totally bogus, but did a good job of out conning the Thais.

There are rumors of the same in the region in the north of Mae Hong Son province, such as in the mountains near Soppong and Pai. The Japanese built the highway along this region of rugged mountains, which is dotted with caves, and also used it as an exit after being defeated by Burmese/British/Indian troops inside of Burma. Local legend says that the Japanese pillaged temples in Burma and hid the loot in caves (which they in turn blasted shut) in this part of Thailand during their retreat. I read this story in a guidebook in the Cave Lodge in Soppong, don't know how true it is.

Edited by squarethecircle

When I was working in the Phillipines I had an Aussie mate ,an experienced miner,who was digging away on land near San Fernando ,La Union, not far from Bagio. He never came up with anything and was seriously spied on by the locals. He had loads of maps/documents and recorded the whole project for afuture book. I guess people will continue to keep looking, miners/treasure seekers have it in their DNA

Maybe there is another rogue monk at the temple. They certainly are in fashion these past couple of weeks.

They have always been there, it is just that they have been getting fingered more recently.

Geez Im starting to wonder about some of these posts, the other day some TV member stated he saw a taxi driver getting a good fisting and now some monks appear to be getting fingered!!!!

Sorry.....I`ll just go and wash my mindw00t.gif

No this is definitely for real. Some crazy dude in a guesthouse downtown drew a map for me once, but I haven't really had time to go look.

I still have it somewhere; I could scan it and upload.

Hmmm...

Let's see, He knows where the treasure is, but does not go and get it.

I draw treasure maps instead!

Did you pay him anything for the map?

Maybe he's not crazy!

lol, suckerrr! Take it you never read/saw The Beach.

• Like 1

If I start wearing more jewelry than usual then you'll know I found some of it. But, I had to pay off that parks manager to keep everyone else off those trails. You'll notice all the new closure signs saying keep out.

Ancient stories, like the seven chests of Pirate treasure hidden around Sataheep (7 Chests in old Hindi)..?? As I heard the story, it was a pirate ttown, much like Tortuga in the West Indies and after a successful raid many centuries ago, the Indian Pirates buried their treasure around the port.

I hear there are some snakes guarding the treasure on the mountain.

They are flying snakes, many of them.

You won't see these snakes until it is too late and they have had their will with you, biting you plenty.

You may find the treasure but you will never reveal to a soul when you return down the mountain to CM civilization, after having succumbed to the enchanting venom of the treasure guarding, mystifying siren-like snakes, which were planted there during the heyday of Troy, that you had discovered the treasure.

I was almost bitten once, well in fact I would have been bitten a few times while up on that mountain if I had been looking right for the treasure.

But I was looking left toward the middle of the rainbow just during one of those Chiang Mai thunderstorms often reported on the TV Rain forum, thank the gods for that topic too!