Viral ad campaign lands Thai star in trouble

webfact

Viral Ad Campaign Lands Thai Star In Trouble

st2.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After the spreading of the video clip, in which the famous actress Susharat ‘Aom’ Manaying has angrily shouted at her fans during the filming of a show in a shopping mall, Aom has recently spoken out and apologised.

The video was later revealed to be a viral advertisement campaign. It is understood that the clip would be included in advertisement for candy bars Snickers. Snickers commercial has previously featured seemingly angry celebrities.

However, the revelation came after Aom was already widely criticized by many who mistook her acting to be genuine gesture of rude arrogance.

On her Instagram page, Aom cited that she and other actors wanted to apologise. The event was part of the acting and she was very sorry she may have been over acting. She was too excited as there were many people around and begged us not to be mad at her.

st.jpg

On Monday, she later declared on “Tuen Ma Kui” (Morning Talk) on MCOT Channel 9 that she was sincerely sorry and thank you for all the supports from her fans.

When the host asked if she knows the clip would be released on the internet. Aom replied “Yes, because viral advertisement is aimed to be on the internet. However, I do not know about the editing and the releasing processes in details. I′ve talked to the production team and they have been supportive. I am sorry that I did not think of the fans′ feelings through”

“I heard of the negative responses and I was upset about it, because since I have been working as an actress, I have never face any issue that I have to get myself ready”

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM016TTJNamN4TXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-10

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'You're not yourself when you're hungry" is the creative strategy behind the Snicker's campaign. So in its ads the angry person is always portrayed by another actor. This is either a major marketing screw-up, or genius.

Edited by Jasun

Are there any recent famous Thai actors that dont have some non-thai genes in their bloodline?

Also... Yesterday I found out where the ex prime minister and even someone up higher/est where actually born...

Guess I need to pay more attention to ThaiVisa news wai2.gif

Ummm? Presumably this story is part of the advertising strategy?

That's why it's called viral advertising. It's now reaching ex-pats who not only never watch Thai TV but spend a lot of time whingeging on TV about how bad it is. It reaches the parts other advertising strategies cannot reach.

• Like 2

FUI the movie Yes or No and Yes or No 2 was a box office success both in Thailand and all over Asia...

wiki

It's you who's out of touch man...

FUI the movie Yes or No and Yes or No 2 was a box office success both in Thailand and all over Asia...

wiki

It's you who's out of touch man...

FUI - For Ure Information? Heaven help us!

• Like 1

So she is apologising for being a good actress, in that her fans thought she was really angry? Says as much about her fans as herself if they are still upset despite fact that now know it was an ad.

In my humble opinion, maybe there was a chance to apologize immediately after ad shooting.

• Like 2

Are there any recent famous Thai actors that dont have some non-thai genes in their bloodline?

Also... Yesterday I found out where the ex prime minister and even someone up higher/est where actually born...

Guess I need to pay more attention to ThaiVisa news wai2.gif

Yes indeed. Abhisit was the first Geordie to become Prime Minister of Thailand. Of course it's a myth that there's any such thing as 100% Thai. Every nation in the world is made up of a mixture of all the people that have passed through.

• Like 1

Snickers ad backfires, actress forced to apologize
By Coconuts Bangkok

msuchaarehwiiyngtingkraecching.jpg?itok=

BANGKOK: -- In today's lesson of what not to do in marketing, actress Susharat ‘Aom’ Manaying has apologized to fans for her role in a viral video that appears to show her angrily berating fans in a shopping mall.

The clip was raw footage from a viral advertisement campaign for the candy bar Snickers. The brand's ongoing marketing campaign in Thailand features visibly agitated Thai celebrities throughing tantrums only to be placated by a chocolatey panacea. Famously short tempered actor Somchai "Tao" Khemklad participated in several similar ads last year.

The recut ad, which was recently released:

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/07/10/snickers-ad-backfires-actress-forced-apologize

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-07-10