Cm Guesthouses All Booked Up Now For Songkran?

meowchawpnom

I left CM, but now might return (because it's proving impossible to find a decent apartment at a moderate price in any reasonably accessible area of Bangkok).

If I came back now, I'd have to stay in a guesthouse until I got an apartment in CM. Are all the rooms booked up and prices higher in anticipation of Songkran? What if I got there next week, before Songkran?

Guesthouses aim for Western visitors on a budget. As April is overal low-season, there's plenty of space available.

The real squeeze is on mid-range / higher range tourist hotels, because this is the main Thai holiday season so Thais on holiday would stay at those places.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I left CM, but now might return (because it's proving impossible to find a decent apartment at a moderate price in any reasonably accessible area of Bangkok).

If I came back now, I'd have to stay in a guesthouse until I got an apartment in CM. Are all the rooms booked up and prices higher in anticipation of Songkran? What if I got there next week, before Songkran?

Since nobody here owns a guesthouse, and your questions can't be accurately answered by us except by guessing, how about you getting on the phone/internet and finding out yourself? :o

Guesthouses aim for Western visitors on a budget. As April is overal low-season, there's plenty of space available.

The real squeeze is on mid-range / higher range tourist hotels, because this is the main Thai holiday season so Thais on holiday would stay at those places.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Chanchao, April is indeed supposed to be low season, but come to Khao San Road. You'll find that it's ALWAYS high season on KSR! The KSR types just gotta keep coming to KSR to be cool. Making it quite difficult for those of us who go there when we have to be in Bkk and just want a cheap room. Prices are up 10% from where they were last December, just a few months ago! All my favorite cheapo hideaways are totally booked up and I am forced to pay extortionate rates (Well, maybe they just seem extortionate because my dollars keep dropping in value)

Frankly, I'm getting quite sick of Phat Thai!

Prices are up 10% from where they were last December, just a few months ago! All my favorite cheapo hideaways are totally booked up and I am forced to pay extortionate rates (Well, maybe they just seem extortionate because my dollars keep dropping in value)

Strange, that seems to be happening with everything. I wonder why prices fgo up? :o