Villa Market @ Laguna

doorEman

Villa has dangerously overestimated the market for up-scale consumers, as witnessed by the loss-making venture in Chalong.

The point is that Phuket is no longer a destination for the well-heeled ex-pat. They have moved on.

The strong baht is pushing the pensioned and prisoned ex-pats into a diet of Archa beer and fried rice.

Word to the wise: Go local or starve.

So where is the market for the "Well-Heeled Ex Pat"?

Villa has dangerously overestimated the market for up-scale consumers, as witnessed by the loss-making venture in Chalong.

The point is that Phuket is no longer a destination for the well-heeled ex-pat. They have moved on.

The strong baht is pushing the pensioned and prisoned ex-pats into a diet of Archa beer and fried rice.

Word to the wise: Go local or starve.

Just where Villa is going. Down south it is mostly middle to low income expats (retirees, dive instructors, teachers, etc). But on the west coast middle to north you have your upper to high to very high income/net-worth expats.

Just where Villa is going. Down south it is mostly middle to low income expats (retirees, dive instructors, teachers, etc). But on the west coast middle to north you have your upper to high to very high income/net-worth expats.

Maybe more middle to low income expats down south, but down south you still have more upper to high to very high income/net-worth expats than in the west coast middle to north. Simply far more expats down south.

• 2 months later...

"NEXT MONTH" like tomorrow never comes.

Drove round to buy some RibEyes yesterday wink.png and no change at all except

some half car length sized car park roofing ...

According to the soon-to-be manager, it will open next month. If you pop-by the location, you will see it is coming along well. May I add what a good location it is too.

I have had a look, several times over the past few months....never looks like much progress. But great, hopefully said rumour is not the same old half truths and knowledge / face saving / avoiding saying the truth / really have no idea what I am talking about but will tell you I do...that one hears so often here! tongue.png

The structure sort of looked finished April time but hardly any progress to be seen nowadays and not many workers around just a few working on the car park ...slowly ...

Exactly...which is why I wonder if and when and very much doubt "next month".