Anyone have aVisa agent or service in Penang

Hello,

We are a family of 4 traveling to Penang at the end of the month and are wanting to obtain tourist Visa's for Thailand while we are there. Does anyone have a service or agent they can recommend? I would love to have someone who could come to our hotel if that is possible- but if not that is ok too. We are staying in Georgetown. Thank you in advance for your help!

Autumn McTaggart

M460Lga.jpgthey dont bite at penang embassy. taxi there may be better option for group. sometimes crowded though. opens at 9 am so get there early. visa back in afternoon.

else try bannana GH on chulia st (leboh chulia)

Edited by requiredinfo

second the above

MInigood hotel ( rooms are 100 MYR), rooms nothing special but good people and great location wifi an aircon

their service charge is 50 MYR and will have ur passport back by noon next day

cheaper than Jim or Banana gh.

beats taxi back and forth and standing in lline

Take a trip by bus out to the key lock see temple

beats ... standing in lline

seeing the sights, viewing the culture are what makes travel, no? here you get to see many cultures in one place, up close and personal.

ok so not everyday but still interesting for one time viewing. what else you want to do ? watch tv in your room?

Hmmm Lebu chulia ugh!!

if you want to stay a bit upmarket away from the "great unwashed" my mate Arthur at Mingood hotel ( I suppose its about 800 THB ish) a night in jalan argyle is a great chap he will sort everything swiftly in style as they say in Allo Allo

Hmmm Lebu chulia ugh!!

if you want to stay a bit upmarket away from the "great unwashed" my mate Arthur at Mingood hotel ( I suppose its about 800 THB ish) a night in jalan argyle is a great chap he will sort everything swiftly in style as they say in Allo Allo

I have never stayed at mingood but I am sure it's not an upmarket hotel. Well, if u compare with as u say "great unwashed" I would agree its upmarket. Lol. Anyway, the staff are very friendly and the visa service is great. Highly recommended.

Hmmm Lebu chulia ugh!!

I have never stayed at mingood but I am sure it's not an upmarket hotel. Well, if u compare with as u say "great unwashed" I would agree its upmarket. Lol. Anyway, the staff are very friendly and the visa service is great. Highly recommended.

hes definitely desperately trying to sell snot so that alone makes it up market in my book. you dont have to stay at bannana to use their visa service.

viewing the culture are what makes travel, no? here you get to see many cultures in one place

at the consolute????

I sleep in my room,

i spend hours walking around and dont want to waste my time standing in line at an consolute/embassy

Minigood is far from upmarket ( was there 3 weeks ago) but its a good hotel for 100 MYR (1,000 Baht) an the location is central for walking, bus

PLUS if u do it yourselve u cant get it back till after 2:30 which means u miss the firefly flihgt back to phuket at 2:50!!!

Arthur has it in ur hands at noon

Isn't it technically illegal to not get the visa yourself, at the consulate?

To OP I have read on another forum, there have been complaints of fake stamps issued by 'agents', though I have no idea what agent it was.

Please be aware, if such posts were made here, they would be removed.

There is nothing illegal about it - travel agents provide visa service all over the world. Only if visas were being issued that the applicant were not allowed would there be a question of legality (or if Consulate required the person to appear in person as occasionally happens) and a payment was made to avoid that. But this is a normal and accepted practice in Penang and as Consulate is a distance from hotel area often cheaper that doing yourself. And I have never seen any report of a fake stamp from an agent in Penang (although am sure it could happen if you were not eligible for a visa and paid someone a high fee to obtain - but not at the 2-500 baht fees for normal applications). Fake stamps is almost always from someone obtaining a Thai visa outside Thailand while he remains in Thailand.

• 1 month later...

Another + for Jim.

He's a bit of a scary looking character in some ways and he's certainly not ready for a fashion contest but he's been doing the visa runs for years. His fee is something like RM25 and for that he'll fill your form out (correct no big deal), , run you to the consulate and back day 1 and repeat day 2 to collect your visa. Will be there myself next month.

PS If you use Jim don't freak out when he asks for your passport and don't forget the fee and photos.

Probably not if agent was used in Penang.

But if located on Kao San road they should.

this response is just stupid.
Your post was not exactly that bright.

Visa agents in Penang take your passport and etc. to the consulate for you. Not the same as mentioned in the news. There was a mention of an an agent on Kao San Road in an article I read.

• Like 1

if Jim takes u to the consulate why use him as u can do all that urself!!

the reason to use an agent is so u DON'T have to travel back an forth ( twice ) to the consulate

Minigood does it all for u an u have ur passport back by noon the next day

if Jim takes u to the consulate why use him as u can do all that urself!!

the reason to use an agent is so u DON'T have to travel back an forth ( twice ) to the consulate

Minigood does it all for u an u have ur passport back by noon the next day

then you have the whole of your time in thailand to wonder whether or not you;ve been faked.

• 3 weeks later...

In Penang now and visited Jim yesterday and he is now doing same as others have mentioned. Drop off passport/photos/fee Monday evening and collect Wednesday afternoon. MR610 total.

Edit to add 610 is for non imm O.

Edited by Mahseer

In Penang now and visited Jim yesterday and he is now doing same as others have mentioned. Drop off passport/photos/fee Monday evening and collect Wednesday afternoon. MR610 total.

Edit to add 610 is for non imm O.

Multiple entry non-O I presume.

Did you apply for marriage / kids or retirement?

Did you have to show money in bank?

Multiple entry non-O I presume.

Did you apply for marriage / kids or retirement?

Did you have to show money in bank?

Retirement visa. I receive a pension which just about covers the 800k so had the Brit Consulate type up a cover sheet so don't expect any problem but won't know until tomorrow afternoon

I do know of one person who is in the eighties who also applied in Penang last month and he didn't have any financials to show whatsoever but they still gave him the imm O visa.