Dramatic assassination attempt on Thai official captured on CCTV

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amateur. Most likely the car had only bullet proof windows... Easy to shoot through the door or roof, one would think.

I built that vehicle, there is armour in the doors and roof as well.

Ooh, How much to do a car then, I quite fancy that.

Price varies depending on threat level and other options required.

this video should be removed, it damages the reputation of Thailand, not however the Thai? manufacturer of the bullet proof glass.

BS. The civilised World abhors cover ups. I much prefer a warts and all exposé. The reputation of Thailand lives on a sewage farm so you can put your bouquet of roses in the dustbin - and dump your rose coloured spectacles there too. This is Thainess, so live with it.

Man, that's crazy. The hit man was pretty nonchalant.

I read Paiboon is Somchai's assistant. Is he also a government official? I can find that out.

Ya...wait a minute here... I don't think most folks are understanding this correctly...

The prior Nation article posted as background on the first page of this thread ID's the victim in the supposed assassination attempt as being a "close aide" to Mr. Mafia...

I don't know what kind of government post he supposedly has, but presumably something somewhere in the Chonburi local end of things.

Amateur. Most likely the car had only bullet proof windows... Easy to shoot through the door or roof, one would think.

So how much was it for the one in the video?

So how much was it for the one in the video?

bout 3 million.

Are there any news links on this forum to this Poh character… his name does ring a bell….

You can do a search in the forums for him. He is very well known and very influential. I have to do some work in Chonburi each week and I know that before the business opened there was a gift given to somebody to give to Khamnan Po. Life got significantly easier after that was done. He was already in custody at that time.

There has been a long list of high ranking gov't officials who have visited him.

Yes, but I find that the forum search brings up every post with the keyword, in this case Kamman Poh, which isn't that helpful really as I just want some background info on the characters mentioned in this article rather than having to trawl the murky waters of 'Forum Home'…. anyway…here's a link I found (eventually)… from coconuts (who do make the effort to include links in their articles)….http://bangkok.coconuts.co/news/fugitive-kamnan-poh-arrested-at-bangkok-tollbooth…….http://bangkok.coconuts.co/news/kamnan-poh-slips-and-falls-in-hospital-bathroom

Edited by lemonjelly
  • Like 1

This guy is a government official???

He looks more like a tuk tuk driver. He appears drunk, and un-phased that someone would try to kill him.

Will someone please change the record that is the current government, this one is just so wrong on so many levels.

My heart goes out to the people of Thailand who suffer at the hands of these criminals!

Somchai Khunpluem, alternatively spelled Kunplome (Thai: สมชาย คุณปลื้ม), born 30 September 1937 in Chonburi, Thailand)[1] is a Thai politician, businessman and organized crime boss……. and more ……….Somchai is the father of Sontaya Kunplome,[10] leader of the Phalang Chon Party, president of Pattaya United F.C., minister of culture under Yingluck Shinawatra and former tourism minister under Thaksin Shinawatra, Wittaya Khunpluem, president of Chonburi F.C., chairman of the provincial administrative council of Chonburi and Member of Parliament representing Chonburi, and Ittipol Khunplome, mayor of Pattaya.

http://en.wikipedia....mchai_Khunpluem

Edited by Scott

Maybe, just maybe, this hit man was a professional, but all professionals are not created equal. Maybe he didnt know the car was armored, or thought he could shoot through it anyway, or thought if he shot enough times, the glass would give way. He really didnt have enough time to think about plan B. Seems most Thais dont have a plan B, and when things dont go right, they just continue with plan A.

• Like 1

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Thais have no respect for life. Thais are in constant flux about their corrupt government. All Thais are consumed with gaining power.

Honestly, I don't care. It's bad killing the bad.

Wait a minute... This is CCTV? Since when does CCTV shake and move like it's being handheld....

...and since when does CCTV have geckos and people making noise in the background? Isn't it absolutely OBVIOUS that this is filmed off a screen?

Unbelievable...

The simple fact that he is a "Thai official" and had bulletproof glass basically tells the whole story. Nice of him to visit scarface at the hospital, what a symathetic person...

Well there's Thai officials and there's Thai officials.....a few are like this guy, but most are like my wife - just regular government workers. Can't afford bullet proof glass for the swift, so she'll have to fend for herself lol

This was possibly staged. The manufacture of the bullet-proof windows get great publicity, and they are a public company.

First, buy 10,000 shares. Then show how these windows work when your life depends on durability.

Sell shares on Monday for big profit.

and give the shooters a few dollars...

next: rocket-proof tires.

• Like 1

The simple fact that he is a "Thai official" and had bulletproof glass basically tells the whole story. Nice of him to visit scarface at the hospital, what a symathetic person...

Well there's Thai officials and there's Thai officials.....a few are like this guy, but most are like my wife - just regular government workers. Can't afford bullet proof glass for the swift, so she'll have to fend for herself lol

Then she better not go visit Don Somchai in hospital