Dramatic assassination attempt on Thai official captured on CCTV

webfact

The miracle is that the shooter didn't hit himself with ricochets. And I bet ten bucks that the car door wasn't even locked, should have thought to open the door once he realised the window wasn't shattering.

Between the Keystone Cops and now The Beagle Boys, it's a riot a minute in the Thai criminal scene. coffee1.gif

Bullet-proof glass absorbs the energy of the bullet. They probably just fell to the ground. Makes the forensic team's work a lot easier.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol,

a silenced .45(lower speed rounds)against Ballistic Resistant glass,even level 4 resistant glass can shrug those off,

although the .45 is one of my favourite rounds for its stopping power("why do we carry .45's?-Cause they don't make a .46:) they are NOT the weapon of choice for an attack against Ballistic Resistant Glass,

so either the guy didn't know/wasn't informed(it pays to check these things) the glass was Resistant,or he's a dumbass,

I'm guessing it was a scare tactic more than a serious attempt,and that the actual gunman was deliberately misinformed.

A magnum 45cal would have done the job.

not really,

as the .45 magnum round is both incredibly rare,and requires a strengthened chamber etc to fire it,

and also is too wide for good penetration on hardened glass...

if you want to penetrate Ballistic Hardened Glass you need a rifle(an AK or M4 will do for commercial low end glass),

or something like the FN Five7n handgun that fires cut down riffle cartridges...

Source of this info-I sell Armoured Cars for a living.

• Like 1

not really,

as the .45 magnum round is both incredibly rare,and requires a strengthened chamber etc to fire it,

if you want to penetrate Ballistic Hardened Glass you need a rifle(an AK or M4 will do for commercial low end glass),

or something like the FN Five7n handgun that fires cut down riffle cartridges...

I didn't know there was a .45 Magnum round.

not really,

Yeah it was released as a stretched version of the .45 ACP in the late 70's/early 80's with higher pressure characteristics,but the pistols you could fire it from(the Wildey Magnum,and LAR Grizzly) were not very popular,and intermittently available,so it kinda tanked.especially with the competition from the .44 and .357 at the time,

Some Silhouette shooters still use it for long range pistol knock downs on metal silhouettes as it has a bit more WHANG! than a straight .45 and better ballistic characteristics at longer ranges.

Was this another Facebook hire ? A professional would have done his homework and known about the bullet proof windows.

Even an amateur would know after one shot not to keep repeating what was not working and fire through the roof and or door.Either the pol is very lucky or the intent was for effect rather than fatality.

• Like 2

not really,

Yeah it was released as a stretched version of the .45 ACP in the late 70's/early 80's with higher pressure characteristics,but the pistols you could fire it from(the Wildey Magnum,and LAR Grizzly) were not very popular,and intermittently available,so it kinda tanked.especially with the competition from the .44 and .357 at the time,

Some Silhouette shooters still use it for long range pistol knock downs on metal silhouettes as it has a bit more WHANG! than a straight .45 and better ballistic characteristics at longer ranges.

Thanks for that. I hit sod all with my .44. laugh.png

• Like 1

Since he has bullet proof windows, he must have some idea of who is after him.

Ha Ha, perm any one from a large choice ?

Now we wait for the BIB and multiple choice motives. Can Chalerm get his red nose into this one ?

Tailor made for Chalerm and " I know who arranged this but I'm not saying at this time ".

His name begins with an initial somewhere between a-z.

Ah - that shortens the list then. The Thai alphabet has 44 letters

(Smart Ass)

Since he has bullet proof windows, he must have some idea of who is after him.

Ha Ha, perm any one from a large choice ?

Now we wait for the BIB and multiple choice motives. Can Chalerm get his red nose into this one ?

Tailor made for Chalerm and " I know who arranged this but I'm not saying at this time ".

His name begins with an initial somewhere between a-z.

Ah - that shortens the list then. The Thai alphabet has 44 letters

(Smart Ass)

44 consonants

(Smarter arse)

Bullet proof glass windows are a rather expensive attachment on this num nuts vehicle and would only be added if he had something to fear. They are also easy to detect on inspection. In a professional hit this would have been checked out .

Also num nuts just got into his car so why did the villian not take him out prior to him getting in the vehicle. Like everyting else in this country this story is rather suspect, as are cast of characters. Furthermore, if, as an earlier post has suggested that the weapon used had a silencer then that would further reduce the muzzel velocity making it virtually useless agaist bullet proof glass.

Everywhere you turn in this country , a level of ignorance and incompotence exists that is almost comic book in nature.

Visiting Kamman Poh who is another suspected killer and very nasty peice of work who managed to hide out in his own house for years while there was a warrant out for his arrest and one of his sons was a government minister.

Yet another incident in this cancerous culture which will be swept under the carpet.. Som nam nah.

• Like 2

not really,

Thanks for that. I hit sod all with my .44. laugh.png

Well if you can get your hands on an LAR Grizzly its worth a try,

a lot of Pistol hunter's use it as well,and the ones I know who use it swear by its accuracy,-

it compares very favourably(well actually outperforms by miles:)

to the Remington .44 magnum Semi Auto which is about the only other Semi Auto you see in Pistol Hunting(apart from the .50),

and of course we have weapons like the Casull .455 Magnum now which is a hell of a beast,but it's mad money,both to buy,supply and keep in good nick.

• Like 1

well about 10 seconds earlier and he would have been outside his car, and not so lucky, or was it staged, because he didn't seem shook up, ignorance is bliss, as the saying goes,lol

Perhaps the shooter was into his Pok Pok at the tome eh. Food comes before all else here eh. smile.png

The video quality was lousy. They really need to work on improving equipment quality, vantage points, lighting and camera operation for future assassination attempts.

Edited by marell

The video quality was lousy. They really need to work on improving equipment quality, vantage points, lighting and camera operation for future assassination attempts.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, think the guy was lucky there was a camera at all. Where I am the street lights have been out for two years. sad.png

Edited by transam

Are there any news links on this forum to this Poh character… his name does ring a bell….

You can do a search in the forums for him. He is very well known and very influential. I have to do some work in Chonburi each week and I know that before the business opened there was a gift given to somebody to give to Khamnan Po. Life got significantly easier after that was done. He was already in custody at that time.

There has been a long list of high ranking gov't officials who have visited him.

The enforced glass was really good, because most bullet proof glasses dont take more then 3-4 bullets at the same spot, also depends on the gun type. The assasins knew he had bullet proof glass. but it seems 7 shots were not enough to pass through.

So my guess is the hitman was hired by the glass company.

Anyone know if they trade on the SET?

Vehicles which have bullet proof glass are also usually armor-plated, so shooting through the door or the roof wouldn't likely have worked.

There was a special on TV (I think it was National Geographic) about the Thai business of building armor plated vehicles.

Next question - why was Paiboon visiting Kamnan Poh?

I don't suppose it occurred to the reporter, or perhaps he considered it to be too personal to ask.

The answer to that may help with the earlier question.

Would be more interested to know when he became a government official

"Also visiting yesterday was Somchai's wife Satil Khunpluem, accompanied by Somchai's close aid Paiboon Pansanit"

http://signin.nationmultimedia.com/national/Kamnan-Poh-out-of-intensive-care-30199843.html?PHPSESSID=b224737810eae30cc0835778ce1b6bc4

Currently in Thailand, it's quite common to be a government official AND a close aide to a convicted criminal.

I don't know about it being quite common, I thought it was unavoidable, a dead cert even.

• Like 1

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, think the guy was lucky there was a camera at all. Where I am the street lights have been out for two years. sad.png

Yeah, but streetlights aren't exciting. They're only for nonessential things like safety. This was supposed to be a real live, no-kidding assassination attempt.

Edited by marell