Dramatic assassination attempt on Thai official captured on CCTV

webfact

Dramatic assassination attempt on Thai official captured on CCTV

BANGKOK: -- A government official in Thailand has survived a murder attempt unscathed thanks to his car's bullet-proof windows.

The dramatic footage shows a Thai government official, Paiboon Pansanit, getting into his car, shortly afterwards a gunman can be seen walking up to the vehicle and firing shots inside.

The gunman fired at least seven rounds at point-blank range at the driver's window however the shots did not go through the glass as it was bullet proof.

Police are now hunting for the gunman who ran off with an accomplice, Mr Pansanit was asked afterward if he had any idea who had tried to kill him and replied: "How would I know? It would be good to know."

Mr Paiboon had been visiting one of Thailand's most notorious mafia figures – Somchai Khunpluem, known as Kamnan Poh – at a hospital in Chonburi province.

Source and video: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10174276/Dramatic-assassination-attempt-on-Thai-official-captured-on-CCTV.html

-- The Telegraph 2013-07-13

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this another Facebook hire ? A professional would have done his homework and known about the bullet proof windows.

Nah, this one was an amateur. The next one will know more than this one.

• Like 1

Next question - why was Paiboon visiting Kamnan Poh?

I don't suppose it occurred to the reporter, or perhaps he considered it to be too personal to ask.

The answer to that may help with the earlier question.

Would be more interested to know when he became a government official

"Also visiting yesterday was Somchai's wife Satil Khunpluem, accompanied by Somchai's close aid Paiboon Pansanit"

http://signin.nationmultimedia.com/national/Kamnan-Poh-out-of-intensive-care-30199843.html?PHPSESSID=b224737810eae30cc0835778ce1b6bc4

Since he has bullet proof windows, he must have some idea of who is after him.

Ha Ha, perm any one from a large choice ?

Now we wait for the BIB and multiple choice motives. Can Chalerm get his red nose into this one ?

I don't suppose it occurred to the reporter, or perhaps he considered it to be too personal to ask.

In many countries this would be a major story and scandal, why was a government official visiting a notorious mafia boss, why does he need a bullet proof car etc. and the media would be all over it.

Excuse me , I forgot TIT

Thailand no problem no scandal..already have convicted criminal running the country by proxy...this was just a social get together

Sad though and shows just how this country operates as the visit etc will be explained away in a definitive way, the government has spoken and that's that.

Would be more interested to know when he became a government official

"Also visiting yesterday was Somchai's wife Satil Khunpluem, accompanied by Somchai's close aid Paiboon Pansanit"

http://signin.nationmultimedia.com/national/Kamnan-Poh-out-of-intensive-care-30199843.html?PHPSESSID=b224737810eae30cc0835778ce1b6bc4

Currently in Thailand, it's quite common to be a government official AND a close aide to a convicted criminal.

You got that right

Considering Thailand is currently being run by a convicted criminal

• Like 1

In many countries this would be a major story and scandal, why was a government official visiting a notorious mafia boss, why does he need a bullet proof car etc. and the media would be all over it.

Excuse me , I forgot TIT

Bullet proof glass: Many people have been murdered in Thailand on the orders of "influential figures". Likely the person targeted had enemies from being a close aide in business/politics.

• Like 1

Wait a minute... This is CCTV? Since when does CCTV shake and move like it's being handheld....

You'll see most CCTV footage like this shown to the media in Thailand is actually recorded by a mobile phone or camera from the CCTV monitor.

In Chicago, if the hit man fails to complete the contract the first time, he does not get a second chance. In Tokyo he would lose a finger. In Thailand he goes to Cambodia. Many years ago my Thai boss hired a body guard from the police, we told him it was the police that carried out assassinations. He hired some one from a Thai Chinese family, he was OK. ph34r.png

A previous Democrat PM had two assassination attempts against him, he had police protection. He got rid of the police protection and the Army stepped in.

• Like 1

The enforced glass was really good, because most bullet proof glasses dont take more then 3-4 bullets at the same spot, also depends on the gun type. The assasins knew he had bullet proof glass. but it seems 7 shots were not enough to pass through.