What's the most valuable trait or attribute for living here?

HardenedSoul

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regardless of your wealth, looks or financial resources, I think the only attributes one needs ANYWHERE are self-control and respect for others. Moderation and self-respect are part and parcel of self-control so once you have that sussed, just be mindful of other people's differing opinions, tastes, sensitivities and how they handle (or mishandle) their personal business.

I would like to add the ability to except the difference in culture with out being judgmental.

I don't own a vehicle but If I did I might not be so sure of that statement. I have often felt the onset of road rage just sitting in the Back of a tuck tuck or Baht buss. Other than that I do OK. Even with My Thai wife's 180 degree different ideas. When in Thailand do as the Thais would do if they had your assured income and 24 hours a day to do it in.wai2.gif

Regardless of your wealth, looks or financial resources, I think the only attributes one needs ANYWHERE are self-control and respect for others. Moderation and self-respect are part and parcel of self-control so once you have that sussed, just be mindful of other people's differing opinions, tastes, sensitivities and how they handle (or mishandle) their personal business.

I would like to add the ability to except the difference in culture with out being judgmental.

I don't own a vehicle but If I did I might not be so sure of that statement. I have often felt the onset of road rage just sitting in the Back of a tuck tuck or Baht buss. Other than that I do OK. Even with My Thai wife's 180 degree different ideas. When in Thailand do as the Thais would do if they had your assured income and 24 hours a day to do it in.wai2.gif

Road Rage?

Road Rage in Thailand?

Now I've heard everything.

"A Flexible Backbone?"

My spine's killing me.

c8

..c7

....c6

c3

Inverted here for your enhanced viewing pleasure

'Ave ye got a bad bak? Then rub some o' thiz on it

Now you've gone and done it.

That's done it.

You've cured it.

(Of course, it is Black Jack you're singin about isn't it? The Bourbon from Kentucky? Cured it right up.)

Edited by OldChinaHam