Zimmerman not guilty in Trayvon Martin death: Florida jury

Lite Beer

Obama's perspective was interesting, but plenty of people of all races are casually profiled as possible criminals or dangerous who are not black. It depends on how one presents oneself. Wearing a hoodie does not help.

You're right. I'm white and I'm profiled every time I try to get on a plane in the States.

Something about me, though I was a cop for twenty-five years, incites the TSA to take me aside for further interrogation and search, even though I have extensive training in reading non-verbal communication. I have no idea why I'm getting pulled aside.

But, it is definitely profiling.

Must be the antlers ...

I was for many years on a flight watch list -- I have a common surname and I spent many years traveling in PR China when you needed a Communist Party official invitation to be there -- which I did have. When I tried to get off the list, they said 'NO'.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zimmerman did not "follow him" after it was suggested that he stop. According the Zimmerman, Trayvon had been gone for 4 minutes when he got out of his car when the dispatcher asked him to verify an address. Trayvon came back and assaulted Zimmerman.

Emphasis on "According to Zimmerman". It's not as if Martin could offer an alternative version, is it?

but you can?

• Like 2

I guess I'm the only one who's sick and tired of this thread. Jesus. All sides had every chance to present evidence including scientific forensic evidence, the jury heard all of the arguments for days, the jury deliberated for 16 hours and found Zimmerman not guilty.

Yet this thread, posted by people who weren't there and by many who have no say about what happens in the US, runs to more than 1,000 posts and it isn't the only thread on the subject.

It's over. Get over it.

Jesus. OCD or what?

The Street name of the Drugs his doctor state were Prescribe to him in the ABC News May, 2012 was Adderall Street name "Speed" And Kidi-speed or Uppers. Temazepam.

Trayvon had a trace of Marijuana Street Name: Weed. Information that was leaked out before the trial, the speculation that many have voiced is that Trayvon was under the influence and nothing was ever said about Zimmerman influence of prescribed speed, a very potent street drug,

Cheers:tongue.png

Just asking.

Temazepam is an hypnotic most commonly prescribed for sleeping problems, though it is also prescribed for other things. It became popular with druggies because it is a gel capsule, which can be easily melted and injected. Do we know if Zimmerman was taking it for insomnia or something else? If insomnia he certainly wouldn't be under the influence at the time of attack.

Was a blood drug analysis done?

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

The Street name of the Drugs his doctor state were Prescribe to him in the ABC News May, 2012 was Adderall Street name "Speed" And Kidi-speed or Uppers. Temazepam.

Trayvon had a trace of Marijuana Street Name: Weed. Information that was leaked out before the trial, the speculation that many have voiced is that Trayvon was under the influence and nothing was ever said about Zimmerman influence of prescribed speed, a very potent street drug,

Cheers:tongue.png

Just asking.

Temazepam is an hypnotic most commonly prescribed for sleeping problems, though it is also prescribed for other things. It became popular with druggies because it is a gel capsule, which can be easily melted and injected. Do we know if Zimmerman was taking it for insomnia or something else? If insomnia he certainly wouldn't be under the influence at the time of attack.

Was a blood drug analysis done?

That is the Bases of my post, Zimmerman doctor in his medical check-up the day after the shooting as reported on CNN News, stated in that report that he was taking Temazepam and Adderall which has components of amphetamine, with Dextroamphetamnie (Methamphetamine) and Mixed salts., Brand name: Adderall and Adderall XR.

A blood analysis was not done,and the release did not indicate for what condition it was prescribed to treat.

In another CNN News release Dated June 22,2012 , states Zimmerman the night of the investigation while he was in Sanford police custody stated: "To be honest to you.. I have a bad memory anyway," Zimmerman said adding that he has attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder and take medication for it.)

Only FACTS THAT i KNOW OF AT THIS TIME~

CHEERS:smile.png

Edited by kikoman

I don't even care what they found, or what the law says. Sure, all that stuff matters, but for me it is simple. If you walk out of your house with a gun in this particular situation, when no person's life is in imminent, visible danger, you are wrong and the problems that ensue from you carrying that weapon are your responsibility.

The police told him to carry the gun.

McCain also PRAISED President Obama for his recent speech about the case calling it VERY IMPRESSIVE, acknowledging the serious issues of race that still remain the U.S. that were highlighted by the case.

Really, what is a politician going to say in a state with a huge Hispanic base (whom apparently suffers from more discrimination than blacks). He would be committing political suicide to say anything else. He cannot appear insensitive to racial issues if he hopes to have a political future.

What I don't get at all, is that he appears to have had no support from the Hispanic community, or perhaps it's just not being reported as that would spoil the mainstream left leaning media's campaign of a "white" person killing an "unarmed black child".

I don't even care what they found, or what the law says. Sure, all that stuff matters, but for me it is simple. If you walk out of your house with a gun in this particular situation, when no person's life is in imminent, visible danger, you are wrong and the problems that ensue from you carrying that weapon are your responsibility.

The police told him to carry the gun.

Ok, well....

• Like 1

McCain also PRAISED President Obama for his recent speech about the case

Incorrect. It wasn't his remarks about the case that McCain praised. It was his remarks on RACE.

Actually the context was how the case raised continuing issues about RACE. The speech didn't come from a vacuum. He was directly responding to the national mood in the wake of the upsetting (to most American blacks and liberals) verdict. Basically Obama was trying to explain to people who didn't get that why people were upset ... because of their LIFE experiences ... which our president SHARED.

Perhaps so, but it's the WHITE community that blacks have a problem with, not the Hispanic community, so what's all the agro about white vs black going on for?

"The police told him to carry a gun..."?

He wasn't even on duty? Why should he carry a gun? Why would the police care?

The police told him to carry a gun to deal with savage dogs. So yes, they cared and he should have carried it with him. Lucky for him that he was when he was attacked and beaten by a bigger, stronger man out for trouble.

There is a large Cuban American population in the South of Florida; There is a large population of Puerto Rican Americans in Central Florida. There is a large population of Peruvian Americans in the New York / New Jersey metro area. There is no population of Peruvian Americans in any Florida city greater than 3+ % of the total population.

And while US Census data groups them all together as 'Hispanic', they don't see it that way.

Serino is an experience witness, he knew what was, and was not proper. The state presumably prepare him to testify and reviewed the ground rules with him. No need for Zimmerman to testify once he was certified as truthful by the top cop in the case.

The next day the Judge told the jury to disregard Serino response. it was stricken from the record, reason was stated as one witness cannot comment on the truthfulness of another witness.

On the Anderson Cooper program, he specifically asked Juror B37 about if Serino answer made an impression on her,

Juror B37 answered it did...It did Yes it did, it made a big impression on me.

The same day her agent issued a press release That Juror B37 was going to write a book stating

"The reader will also learn why the jurors had no option but to find Zimmerman Not guilty, due to the manner in which he was charged and the content of the jury instructions," Martin said.

The uproar that followed that press release caused Mrs Martin to cancel the book deal. As the trial was over on Saturday and the book deal was announced two days later, the question surfaced when did she make that decision to write a book, when did she make the decision that she had enough material to write a book, was she taking notes for her book during the trial and did she violate sequestration.

Cheers:smile.png

"The reader will also learn why the jurors had no option but to find Zimmerman Not guilty, due to the manner in which he was charged and the content of the jury instructions," ...

Forget all the conspiracy theories. Most legal scholars would support her legal assesment 100%.

Edited by Ulysses G.

A post containing "evidence" from May 10, 2013 has been removed. Not only is it old news, failure to provide a supporting link made it a case of violation of fair use policy. Just like the other topic regarding this case, the arguments/discussions are going in a circular loop and repeated over and over again.

The Damage had already be done, the Not Guilty verdict can not be over turned, there can not be a retrial, and the "not Guilty" verdict will stand.

Time to move along.

Jury prevented from considering Race and First Offender.

If Zimmerman was found to be first offender self defense could not be considered,

attachicon.gifIMG_0003.pdf

Jury Final Instructions

attachicon.gifZimmerman_Final_Jury_Instructions.pdf

Cheers:biggrin.png

Ms. Cohn of The Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California is certainly entitled to her opinion as to what 'key mistakes' were made by the judge in Sanford, Florida.

Edited by JLCrab

I guess I'm the only one who's sick and tired of this thread. Jesus. All sides had every chance to present evidence including scientific forensic evidence, the jury heard all of the arguments for days, the jury deliberated for 16 hours and found Zimmerman not guilty.

Yet this thread, posted by people who weren't there and by many who have no say about what happens in the US, runs to more than 1,000 posts and it isn't the only thread on the subject.

It's over. Get over it.

Jesus. OCD or what?

Maybe you should stop adding to the thread then.

whistling.gif

It's over. Get over it.

Jesus. OCD or what?

Maybe you should stop adding to the thread then.

whistling.gif

Some posters are being helped along with the need to stop adding to the thread.

Well I missed my edit window: If Zimmerman was convicted of one or more of the charges against him, then judicial misconduct and/or the very charges themselves brought by the Prosecution might be the basis for an appeal. But Zimmerman was acquited and the Prosecution has no right to appeal.

The article by Professor Cohn just outlines her evaluation of the case -- she makes no recommendation or even any suggestion that there should be any recourse based upon her observations.