One Heart Stopper Of A Day

Bank error, but not in your favor.

Woke up this morning to find myself $13,406.00 overdrawn, don't think that didn't get mt attention.

Turns out when I withdrew 15,000 baht the computer in America made it $15,000 Dollars. The bank is making the adjutmenss and hopefully everythign will be back to normal in a few days.

But, that 12 hours before I could make the call to the states was a very long day

What was real lucky was that I had already transfered my money for the month. For some darn reason I checked the account on the net this morning. the longer it sit around the harder it would have been to fix. Wasn't hard to convince them since there is a 400 limit on ATM withdrawels

No need for a coffee to wake you this morning, then!

A word of advice. When banks do this they often correct the entry but forget to reverse the interest and charges. Check your next statement carefully.

At least you know that your credit rating is sound!

Bank error, but not in your favor.

Woke up this morning to find myself $13,406.00 overdrawn, don't think that didn't get mt attention.

Turns out when I withdrew 15,000 baht the computer in America made it $15,000 Dollars. The bank is making the adjutmenss and hopefully everythign will be back to normal in a few days.

But, that 12 hours before I could make the call to the states was a very long day

try and charge them for the phone calls and time for letters etc.

in the uk the omsbudsman is advising people to charge if the banks make mistakes as it is thier fault and you are the one to correct the said situation.

as for the banks in the uk they charge astranomical amounts for letters and facilities if you make a mistake. or go just £1 over your agreed limit.

fair should be fair on both sides.

glad to hear you sorted it

One of my banks (Guaranty Bank, Texas) was doing the same system upgrade yesterday as well, but it was corrected within a few hours and only showed a $20,000 deduction on a 20,000 Baht withdrawal briefly online. Some programmer evidentally forgot that the whole world doesn't run on USD$.

:o

Like that rocket which malfunctioned after take off when the designers confused centermetres with inches. Classic.

Glad to hear that it has been fixed. Now you just have to make a few deposits to them in Thai baht, and hope they haven't been too through with their fix :o

Well it's not completly straightened out but at least I don't owe them $13k at last look. Can't get on the site at the moment, probably will take a few days for them to get the bugs out, but you can bet I will audit my account.

Small world indeed (especially considering that stateside, this is considered one of the smaller banks, regional at that).

Seems like the bug is worked out from my point of view (today's withdrawal didn't have any abnomalies) and they were really nice about it from the customer service side explaining the technicalities that I didn't really want to hear about.

:o

Yes it is a small operation and that is the reason why I like them. I still can't get the site to come up on my computer, I know things are out of balance on the account. I also know it will get resolved. I have had this account for 15 years, my bank was purchased by Guaranty several years back. I have to say that they really real do try to help you when you have a problem. So I will stick with them as long as I can.