Thailand's public transport issues to be solved in 2 months

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coffee1.gifw00t.gifcheesy.gif Think these emoticons about sum up the article.

Yes. Even in the weird and wonderful world of ridiculous announcements by Thai government spokesmen, that we have all come to know and love, this is a particularly ridiculous announcement.

If a taxi doesn't want to bring me where I want or wants a fixed price, I leave the back door open and walk away to the next taxi smile.png

Works well, especially in rain cos they get soaked hehe

Ok , just suppose you do get into the taxi that doesn't want to take you. He probably has a reason for not wanting your money. It could be end of shift, it could be out of the area that he has paid to operate, he may just not like the look of you ! Whatever the reason do you want to get into a taxi that doesn't want you. He will be shitty and his driving will reflect that. I would much rather a happy cabbie and in BKK there is always another taxi close by and often with a driver who is good. Leave the back door open and you just make his next customer unhappy with his shitty mood.

• Like 1

If a taxi doesn't want to bring me where I want or wants a fixed price, I leave the back door open and walk away to the next taxi smile.png

Thanks for adding to the ill-will towards Farangs...NOT!

I'll bet he remembers you and will pick you up next time. No guarantee he'll take you where you think he's taking you.

As someone who uses public transport all the time I don't have any real problems with it.

In all the years I have been here there are only 2 places I have wanted to go that I have been unable to get to and they were both pretty remote.

The inter city buses are good, some to the smaller places are old and non air but OK by me.

Overnight sleeper trains are great.

Try to avoid the vans, only use them if there is nothing else.

Song tau, good, set fares and go to many out of the way places, being in there with a lot of woman with their things from the market is to me all part of the Thai experience and I enjoy it.

Motorcy taxis, only as a last resort, no set fares, they can charge whatever they think they can get away with and are deadly dangerous.

As far as BKK goes you would have to be mad to want to drive there and I expect you need special certification from a loony bin to drive a bus.

But the buses go most everywhere and where the don't go a taxi will come along in a minute of two.

There is a little bus guide book they put out (mostly in Thai) that tells you where all the buses go with maps even, we have one around somewhere.

If half the private car owners left their status symbol at home then the road traffic problems would be solved.

BTS is good, only problem with underground is you cant see anything.

Taxis in BKK, must have missed all the bad ones for only once many years ago did one refuse to use the meter, just got the next one along no trouble.

As for the idiot behavior of leaving a door open, now we know why farang get a bad reputation among taxi drivers.

Try saying kop khun krap (or ka) or thank you if you cant handle a couple of words of Thai, and oh yes smile.

• Like 2

Sounds a little dangerous

Yes that would work really well..until you run into some cabbie who has had a really bad day and is hopped up on yaba and is tired of dealing with farangs and decides to pull out a gun and shoot you dead...then maybe not such a great idea...

I have never understood why US Americans say 'bring' when they mean 'take'

'I want the taxi to take me where I want' is more grammatically correct in English

Sounds a little dangerous

Yes that would work really well..until you run into some cabbie who has had a really bad day and is hopped up on yaba and is tired of dealing with farangs and decides to pull out a gun and shoot you dead...then maybe not such a great idea...

Or Knife as on Sukhumvit,

If I'd be the minister of transport, I would:

1) increase prices of all types of fuel by 100%

2) increase prices of tollways by 100%

3) add a road tax of 10k/yr for driving in Bangkok

4) proper yearly car checkups with a cost of 10k. If not pass test, not allowed to be on the road with it.

5) decrease price for bts/mrt with 50%

6) allow people 50yo+ to travel free using public transports including children under 3.

7) have a max amount of taxies both nationwide as well as for Bangkok

8) make the driving license test more difficult for new people.

9) never change the rules suddenly but slowly.

10) get rid of car import tax for both as well as new imported cars.

11) change millions of others things..

Last but not least probably need to make a run for it as many people would be angry at me :)

If I'd be the minister of transport, I would:

1) increase prices of all types of fuel by 100%

2) increase prices of tollways by 100%

3) add a road tax of 10k/yr for driving in Bangkok

4) proper yearly car checkups with a cost of 10k. If not pass test, not allowed to be on the road with it.

5) decrease price for bts/mrt with 50%

6) allow people 50yo+ to travel free using public transports including children under 3.

7) have a max amount of taxies both nationwide as well as for Bangkok

8) make the driving license test more difficult for new people.

9) never change the rules suddenly but slowly.

10) get rid of car import tax for both as well as new imported cars.

11) change millions of others things..

Last but not least probably need to make a run for it as many people would be angry at me smile.png

I'd party, over-indulge with drink and cavort with prostitutes.

He started it with the irrelevances

SC

• Like 1

solve (sobreve.giflv, sôlv)

v. solved, solv·ing, solves
v.tr.
1. To find a solution to.
2. To work out a correct solution to (a problem).
v.intr.
To solve an equation: Insert the values of the constants and solve for x
I think they have the used the wrong word or have misunderstood the definition.