NEW Ducati Scrambler 696 made in Thailand

I'm so excited.

I just read on Cycle World (link) the news that Ducati is to introduce a new model: a 696 air-cooled 90degree V twin in a Scrambler set up.

It's supposed to be a reasonably priced bike, with many parts made in Thailand and assembled in Thailand.

I always wanted to own a Ducati after riding my brother's 900SS and 750SS and Scrambler, but I never really fell in love with the Monster and I'm not into extreme sport bikes, even if I could afford them. So this news makes me very happy. Can't wait to see the first pictures!

Now the only thing is to start sweet talking the wife and making her understand that getting another bike is absolutely necessary for my well being. tongue.png

post-159090-0-45820100-1373938742_thumb.

• Like 1

Hope it's something along these lines...

jvb-moto-ducati_scrambler1.jpg

That one was built by JvB-Moto http://jvb-moto.com/rocknroll/?page_id=37

But a bit more on the story by Asphalt & Rubber

What we expect to be either a 2014 or 2015 model year machine, there are couple differing rumors on the Ducati Scrambler project, and knowing Ducati, the two stories we have heard may not be mutually exclusive, and likely indicate that the Italian company itself hasn’t come to a hard conclusion on this machine.

One version of the rumor pegs the new Scrambler as being an air-cooled single-cylinder machine, 600cc or so in displacement. A stepping stone for Ducati to enter the smaller bike market, the Ducati Scrambler would be the gateway from big bikes to little bikes in the Italian brand.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/ducati-scrambler-rumor/#more-45031

I would love a bike like this, a Triumph or even a Harley. Unfortunately due to the Thai tax system, I won't pay double or more.

I respect the Thai system as it probably saves a lot of lives. Imagine the way I have seen some act on the roads and not wearing helmets, if they were on a bike with some power? It would be terrible.

Oh we'll, one day when I finally go back to Aus I can buy one.

In the meantime, keep the pics coming. Nothing wrong with looking.

I would love a bike like this, a Triumph or even a Harley. Unfortunately due to the Thai tax system, I won't pay double or more.

I respect the Thai system as it probably saves a lot of lives. Imagine the way I have seen some act on the roads and not wearing helmets, if they were on a bike with some power? It would be terrible.

If they build the bike in Thailand, as the the thread title states, then there would not be a massive price increase because of tax.

What ?

The "Thai system" has nothing to do with saving lives.

What ?

The "Thai system" has nothing to do with saving lives.

Well, my dream is they will build it in Thailand and sell it here. It's supposed to be a entry level Ducati and cheaper than let's say a Monster. So, a price tag of between 300 and 400k would be really interesting. But reality can be a bitch...

I'm not sure how it works with the engine size. Here they make the 695, but the Scrambler will get a 696. Is the 696 also produced in Thailand.

Maybe they could make a Scrambler 695 for the Thai market?

Ok, back to dreaming....