Thai judge to face judicial discipline after going berserk

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thai being criticized by their perceived inferiors. The petty, childish, embarrassing reaction is never a pretty sight. Though it does highlight their true nature for those foreigners who may not be aware of Thai culture and society.

The reaction would be the same for almost any Thai that is criticized by someone they see as lower than them. (remember that you are lower than all of them)

Lucky she didn't have a samurai sword in the boot. whistling.gif

This post and that of EyesWideOpen say it all. I have to smile when I hear first time tourists say how quiet and respectful Thais are then look disbelieving when you warn of the temper bubbling away underneath and very little can be need to spark it off.

I'm sure the Thais speak highly of me too.

It was a very perceptive post and all the more compelling for being concise.The rage and hysteria many privileged Thais feel when challenged by those lower down on the status ladder explains much of the country's recent political experience.

The lower part of the social ladder never burn tires, throw molotovs, loot stores, set them on fire, shoot people? Boy, we were really mistaken; here I thought only really rich folks did that...right.

Its not just one class of people behaving in such ways....

The channel 3 & channel 7 shows don't help, haha.

Edited by gemini81

Just so we are clear. The police in all their wisdom decided that towing this ‘yellow shirt’ judges solitary car would clear the traffic jam. Don’t they think that clearing the hundreds/thousands of red shirts marching down the road might have had a greater effect?

I would think they did it to protect the car and the passenger. You want to imagine what a judge in a car surrounded by a red throng could have turned into?

I have always admired the grace and gentle nature of Thai women. The way they can maintain their dignity despite anything that the world throws at them. Farangs really can learn a thing or 2 from these fair ladies.

pun intended? anyways, it made my minute.

The TV report doesn't say that her car was blocking a Red shirt demonstration at all. It says she was in a group of demonstrators who were trying to prevent the Prime Minister entering the Ministry of Defence for the first time in her dual role as defence minister. She got upset when one of the leaders was arrested. The car incident was from last year when she was blocking Paholyothin Road and refused to move or even speak to the police when they tried to get her to cooperate.

• Like 1

Just so we are clear. The police in all their wisdom decided that towing this yellow shirt judges solitary car would clear the traffic jam. Dont they think that clearing the hundreds/thousands of red shirts marching down the road might have had a greater effect?

They support & are themselves the red shirts; they want their coward in Dubai back.

Edited by gemini81

This post and that of EyesWideOpen say it all. I have to smile when I hear first time tourists say how quiet and respectful Thais are then look disbelieving when you warn of the temper bubbling away underneath and very little can be need to spark it off.

I'm sure the Thais speak highly of me too.

So true. In the case of Thais with little status or influence, I belive it is a direct result of enduring so much disrespect from HiSo's. They bottle up their emotions but when they blow up, its like a pressure cooker exploding.

In the case of high status Thais, its more a case of "How dare you disobey me!" Aslong with Pressure cooker explosion 2.01 smile.png

hardly berserk, childish and stupid maybe, but berserk.........

Agreed, berserk would indeed have to be pretty dramatic way of putting it but then if you want a headline..................................

There could well have been another reason for her anger rather than just her car being moved, but not having been there..................................

It would seem that her car was blocking a red shirt rally so it obviously had to be moved.

And once again we have the stupidity that anyone who does not agree with, or support PT or the reds must be yellow.

A Thai being criticized by their perceived inferiors. The petty, childish, embarrassing reaction is never a pretty sight. Though it does highlight their true nature for those foreigners who may not be aware of Thai culture and society.

The reaction would be the same for almost any Thai that is criticized by someone they see as lower than them. (remember that you are lower than all of them)

A truer word has never been spoken . . . especially the part about "us" being lower than all of them thumbsup.gif

This is worrying.

One could find themselves in front of this judge in a court of law, relying on her to receive justice. Her decision in a case could affect the whole of a plaintiff’s or defendant’s future life.

Yet it is apparently obvious that this woman is incapable of making any rational judgements and that her personal feelings would overpower all else, including what are the actual laws.

I’m not religious, but hope to God that I am never brought before such a judge in Thailand, where the verdict could be based on the personal opinions of a head banger and the law books are literally thrown out the window.

• Like 1

If she has broken the law she should be treaged accordingly, whether she is a judge or not. She was damaging police property when she drove over the barrier and should have been arrested there and then. Chicken liver police as usual. Don't enforce the law at all!

I see this type of action/attitude, which is quite common, to the Thai social pecking order. They will deny legal parking on the street as they reserve it for customers, their rental vehicle business, etc. Set up tables, block off streets for a party, park their vehicles in front of someones private drive. Open a karake in a moban, build a carport in the street,.etc.

When confronted many display the same type of reaction this lady did. This filmed reaction could be classified as the more subdued I have seen, but that was probably due to the bystanders keeping their mouth shut. Its a mine field out there and a mis step can set them off.

• Like 1

Two institutions held in extremely low esteem here, the "police" and the " judicial " system. Funny to see them having a go at each other...

I really wish the TAT would put a rest to the ongoing falsehood that Thailand is a nation of cool hearted people. It simple confuses tourists and gets them in trouble when they find out otherwise.

Yes quite a go at each other...

The police might have been afraid of the power of this judge. Let her go through her temper tantrum. Were they just 'cool', or just realized that they 'made a mistake"?

Nobody should try that back home here....

This judge certainly was not afraid of the police.

And the judge will face disciplinary action, but only from her peers.

Thailand never ceases to amaze me.