Rangsit University apologises for 'naked' beachside hazing

webfact

Surely they need only one hand to cover their privates?

I guess you missed the topic where thais are growing them bigger these days (52mm)smile.png

Not according to the girls in my office

How do you know? Have you seen their junk?

Apparently the girls in my office have

"The statement says the students organised the trip to the sea on their own way, and the university is not involved in any way."

Then why apologize? Feel guilty for something??????? hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Plausible Deniability, they can apologise for the students but not for any lack of control, supervision or responsibilty of their behalf. After all they " knew nothing " about it

I await them being charged with public indecency, computer crimes, defaming the university reputation, and whatever else they can come up with.

I mean honestly, in such a utopian country of moral perfection, issues like this must be stamped out to save the country. It could lead to all sorts of problems, even things like gogo bars. Outrageous I tell you, outrageous......

• Like 2

All unis ever do is apologise after the fact, they never try to prevent any of the nonsense that happens.

Mind you it's common practice to deny anything is excessive and hide behind culture, teaching teamwork and other weak excuses.

The uni"s know only too well what goes on but choose to do nothing about it. It's easier to wait, deny all knowledge and issue a poor and less than sincere apology.

While arguably childish and often dangerous, hazing is hardly unique to Thailand or to colleges & universities.

This particular event is mainly just silly and since it involves at least one woman parading around in front of naked men, it's a bit hard to understand the "homoerotic" reference someone above made. Most of the negative comments seem to be typical Thai bashing regarding something not exclusively Thai and of course the nattering of little old ladies on ThaiVisa who tend to get their knickers in a knot on a daily basis.

"Over 325,000 athletes at more than 1,000 National Collegiate Athletic Association schools in the US participated in intercollegiate sports during 1998-99. Of these athletes:

• More than a quarter of a million experienced some form of hazing to join a college athletic team.

• One in five was subjected to unacceptable and potentially illegal hazing. They were kidnapped, beaten or tied up and abandoned. They were also forced to commit crimes – destroying property, making prank phone calls or harassing others.

• Half were required to participate in drinking contests or alcohol-related hazing.

• Two in five consumed alcohol on recruitment visits even before enrolling.

• Two-thirds were subjected to humiliating hazing, such as being yelled or sworn at, forced to wear embarrassing clothing or forced to deprive themselves of sleep, food or personal hygiene.

• One in five participated exclusively in positive initiations, such as team trips or ropes courses."

Chapters of Greek letter organizations have developed complex hazing rituals that range from demeaning tasks to humiliating ceremonies.

The armed forces have long had hazing rituals, which often involve violence and punishments.

post-145917-0-26654600-1374115263_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Throw the book at them. Nothing more disgusting than the sight of a naked man especially in public. Don't they have any females they could use please.

Disgusting ???? why ??? are you ashamed of your body...it's natural the same as a naked female. BUT if persons want to be naked then it's normal to be on a private beach, then they will not offend others.

Normally being naked is NOT always because you want sex.. come on ---personally I find Old fat men and wrinkled old women a bit embarrassing on public beaches. but nothing to do with sex--just the sight.

All unis ever do is apologise after the fact, they never try to prevent any of the nonsense that happens.

Mind you it's common practice to deny anything is excessive and hide behind culture, teaching teamwork and other weak excuses.

The uni"s know only too well what goes on but choose to do nothing about it. It's easier to wait, deny all knowledge and issue a poor and less than sincere apology.

While arguably childish and often dangerous, hazing is hardly unique to Thailand or to colleges & universities.

This particular event is mainly just silly and since it involves at least one woman parading around in front of naked men, it's a bit hard to understand the "homoerotic" reference someone above made. Most of the negative comments seem to be typical Thai bashing regarding something not exclusively Thai and of course the nattering of little old ladies on ThaiVisa who tend to get their knickers in a knot on a daily basis.

"Over 325,000 athletes at more than 1,000 National Collegiate Athletic Association schools in the US participated in intercollegiate sports during 1998-99. Of these athletes:

• More than a quarter of a million experienced some form of hazing to join a college athletic team.

• One in five was subjected to unacceptable and potentially illegal hazing. They were kidnapped, beaten or tied up and abandoned. They were also forced to commit crimes – destroying property, making prank phone calls or harassing others.

• Half were required to participate in drinking contests or alcohol-related hazing.

• Two in five consumed alcohol on recruitment visits even before enrolling.

• Two-thirds were subjected to humiliating hazing, such as being yelled or sworn at, forced to wear embarrassing clothing or forced to deprive themselves of sleep, food or personal hygiene.

• One in five participated exclusively in positive initiations, such as team trips or ropes courses."

Chapters of Greek letter organizations have developed complex hazing rituals that range from demeaning tasks to humiliating ceremonies.

The armed forces have long had hazing rituals, which often involve violence and punishments.

Hazing isn't exclusive to Thailand but this event was so what's wrong with commenting, after all this is a highly reserved and moral culture ... LOL

• Like 1

Thailand's finest.

You keep doing it lads, and in 10 years scratch your heads trying to figure why Thailand is at the bottom of the ASEAN ladder.

Except hazing has been a part of their uni life for 30 odd years now. All you've really managed to do is show how ignorant you are, nice job!

Throw the book at them. Nothing more disgusting than the sight of a naked man especially in public. Don't they have any females they could use please.

Yes of course they do. However, most of the men in Thailand don't want to see naked women! whistling.gif

Hazing isn't exclusive to Thailand but this event was so what's wrong with commenting, after all this is a highly reserved and moral culture ... LOL

Highly reserved and moral culture.

Yes, I see your point.

post-9891-0-69381200-1374117223_thumb.jp

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

If someone creates a system that is a$$$$ boring, and on top of it is too damn stubborn to hold on to that non-sense propaganda, someone is ALWAYS gonna rebel, a nature of law,... welcome to the 21st century...clap2.gif

A woman, believed to be one of the senior students, was also seen walking by the group of male students, seemingly oblivious of their stark nakedness.

The one in the photo looks to me like she is sizing one of them up on the left of her pretty closely. wink.png

I will stop complaining about this and stop finding it "strange" ( to say the least), the moment someone can tell me, what ridiculing and humiliation has to do with life at a university and why freshman- students have "obey" senior- students with rituals like thin and much, much worse ones!

There's actually a lot of research that shows that difficult entry to an organisation enhances later attachment to that organisation as well as bonds among those who have shared that difficult experience. It's partially why boot camps, police academies, and initiation rites (etc etc) are not designed to be a 'walk in a park' ... once people have made it past the challenging entry requirements, there's greater internal social cohesion and a deeper feeling of membership. So fraternities, faculties, and university residences are merely drawing on this long known effect. I experienced a severe week-long hazing in my university residence (that was run much like a fraternity) more than 30 years ago, and some of my closest friends today are the people I first 'suffered' with during that week ... we're spread all over but still keep in weekly contact by email.

why did they pixelate the girls area too? she's in jeans... has that become offensive too? or is it because she's in jeans it's offensive? giggle.gif

she is showing some naked knee through the hole in the jeans, this tarnishes Thailand's reputation.

• Like 1