Yingluck tests Umbrella rice to restore public confidence

webfact

Well that's all the Thai public reassured, now time to convince the export market. Good luck with that Yingluck.

Are you kidding? The local's are confused about what the hell even Methyl Bromide is, what is a ppm, and all the rest. No one knows what to by or where....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One small spoonfull. And she really believes this will restore confidence? She really does need to get some new advisors. When Dubai instructed to 'solve the rice problem" I doubt he meant this.

Almost as daft as suggesting her son was chosen at random to walk out with Chelsea.

It just shows how incredibly arrogant and contemptous these people must be. They really do believe they can tell anyone anything and expect to be believed.

I am waiting for them to say that on investigation of all this comtaminated rice, they have determined its not Thai rice at all, and that someone mistakenly labelled imported Vietnamese, Cambodian or Indian rice as Thai rice

• Like 1

PM moves to restore public confidence

And what happens if public confidence is not restored is she going to sue the public and throw them in jail ?

BTW is it me or does Dear Yingluck look a bit nervous while she is chomping down on that spoonful ?

The lady is a joke.

And.. that rice bag was bought at random from just a shop somewhere in Thailand ?

Or.. a special sample prepared at the ricemill, specially marked for the occasion ?

From a few spoonfull of rice , even with 94,2 mg/kg methylbromide, you will not get a malfunction of your nerval motoric system.

But.. a few months long... or fed to children of.. 3-4 years... similar as the Indians in Bihar for the lunch of their children there...

I remember Thaksin having a similar show off with eating chicken to proof that there was no bird flu in Thailand.

Too lazy to look up the article, but many Thais died after the event because bird flu was all but contested in Thailand at that time.

So brother, so puppet

• Like 1

And what happens if public confidence is not restored is she going to sue the public and throw them in jail ?

BTW is it me or does Dear Yingluck look a bit nervous while she is chomping down on that spoonful ?

No, you're right, she's definitely looking somewhat drawn and concerned...! Look at what happened to the dark-haired Tony Blair after his term in office. Grecian 2000 couldn't even help him...!!

Not to mention Obama.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember Big Brother T pulling a similar stunt with eggs during one of the many avian related diseases back when he was running the show. Well, running the show from Thailand.

I remember Thaksin having a similar show off with eating chicken to proof that there was no bird flu in Thailand.

Too lazy to look up the article, but many Thais died after the event because bird flu was all but contested in Thailand at that time.

So brother, so puppet

So brother, so puppet clone...

These actions are like the proverbial shutting the gate after the horse has bolted...

Was in Vietnam last night and was discussing the whole Thai rice situation.. comment was made that Vietnamese wont use Thai rice as its tainted and has been for sometime now .... I thought this was very interesting and what compounded it even further we were in a Thai restauarant and they refused to use Thai rice... they used to but stopped... have to perhaps temper this with a modicum of Vietnam rice parochialism but it was just stated so unequivocally like it was common knowledge that Thailand has poisoned rice as one chap so eloquently expressed it...

Yingluck.. suggest you wrap your lips around tighter regulations and enforcement of these.. like yesterday.

If I bought a bag of Umbrella rice, sent it to America to be tested by a laboratory, found out it was full of chemicals, and published the results here as a benefit to the public, what would happen to me ??? Just joking , I already know the answer, which would be a lawsuit and jail time for me for slander, even though it was the truth. Amazing Thailand, where whistle blowers are not appreciated....

Maybe she's worried about the next commodity check? Raincoat rubber. sad.png

or perhaps the new 54mm condoms.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Pheu Thai and Yingluck have really stepped in it. The world is watching closely as to how the gov't will handle this fiasco. Rice use to be Thailand's number one export, until now with the Phillipines and Vietnam picking up the slack in supplying the world its rice, while Thailand drops down the ladder of rice exporters. Blame can only be put on Yingluck and Pheu Thai. Another news article from Indonesia explains it better. http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/07/18/rice-safety-fears-thailand.html

The only way to handle this and restore world and domestic confidence is to segregate this years crop, get rid of the rice pledging scam and dump 21 million tons of rice out at sea. Clean warehouses, new procedures, quality systems and a full apology without reservation from the Prime Minister, then.......start again. Thai rice may just get back to number 1 in 10 years if all those actions are carried out.

Oh hooiiieee, aloi maak. I declare all festering, chemical laden Thai rice ok. Thais are so easily fooled, so you gotta love it. I reckon she could market dog turds as the latest delicacy and you would have a line of gullibles stretching a mile long.

Think i'll stick with the fresh produce from our village smile.png

May not be as sensible as it sounds. I'm friends with a Thai man who runs a downtown restaurant in my tourist town. He's been buying produce for it for at least 20 years. He assures me that hill tribe veges are more contaminated with chemi than veges sold in the center areas of markets. Note regarding large markets: Hill tribers usually get to sell in peripheral areas with no tables and no artificial lighting, as regular vendors get. The restauranteur said he would buy organic if he could, but no vege vendors (out of hundreds) in the region sell reliably organic produce, even though some vendors allude to doing so.

Q: Would anyone who knows how Thais generally do business, believe a vege vendor (who is not a personal acquaintance), who claims her produce is organic?

I have looked at that picture a couple of times and I did not see any rice on the spoon.

But that dosen't really matter.

The important thing is she got a photo op.

lol - look @ her face, she's not happy is she?

Not in the least notice her eyes were on the camera.

Looked like she was holding an empty spoon to a closed mouth.

Not exactly a picture to inspire confidence.

Not sure what she'd have been concerned about. That specific bowl of rice was probably selected and approved for her consumption only after two days of rigorous testing by two agencies.

True but they were government agencies. After having 5 different cabinets I think she is having a trust issue with any thing government other than the money to travel and Photo op's

Pheu Thai and Yingluck have really stepped in it. The world is watching closely as to how the gov't will handle this fiasco. Rice use to be Thailand's number one export, until now with the Phillipines and Vietnam picking up the slack in supplying the world its rice, while Thailand drops down the ladder of rice exporters. Blame can only be put on Yingluck and Pheu Thai. Another news article from Indonesia explains it better. http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/07/18/rice-safety-fears-thailand.html

Great article.

Thank you

These actions are like the proverbial shutting the gate after the horse has bolted...

Was in Vietnam last night and was discussing the whole Thai rice situation.. comment was made that Vietnamese wont use Thai rice as its tainted and has been for sometime now .... I thought this was very interesting and what compounded it even further we were in a Thai restauarant and they refused to use Thai rice... they used to but stopped... have to perhaps temper this with a modicum of Vietnam rice parochialism but it was just stated so unequivocally like it was common knowledge that Thailand has poisoned rice as one chap so eloquently expressed it...

Yingluck.. suggest you wrap your lips around tighter regulations and enforcement of these.. like yesterday.

She can scam lie cheat and steal and there is always people who believe her. But here in Asia rice is such a common product that any chance of of being contaminated word spreads and is believed all over Asia.

The only way to handle this and restore world and domestic confidence is to segregate this years crop, get rid of the rice pledging scam and dump 21 million tons of rice out at sea. Clean warehouses, new procedures, quality systems and a full apology without reservation from the Prime Minister, then.......start again. Thai rice may just get back to number 1 in 10 years if all those actions are carried out.

That will happen right after Thaksin turns him self into the deep south and pleads guilty to all the deaths he was responsible for.whistling.gif

lol - look @ her face, she's not happy is she?

Not in the least notice her eyes were on the camera.

Looked like she was holding an empty spoon to a closed mouth.

Not exactly a picture to inspire confidence.

Not sure what she'd have been concerned about. That specific bowl of rice was probably selected and approved for her consumption only after two days of rigorous testing by two agencies.

True but they were government agencies. After having 5 different cabinets I think she is having a trust issue with any thing government other than the money to travel and Photo op's

She probably got someone to taste it an hour before, just to make sure they survived.