People and their Pickups in Thailand (images)

Ron19

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I notice the thread is progressing from hasty snapshots of passing pick ups to more composed artistic dramatic angles of images clap2.gif

biggrin.png

Daffy D...I have noticed this for a good while too and not only in this

sub-thread but the entire Photography thread of the forum. It's a great

thing to see peoples work go from hasty snaps to a more thought out

exposure. DAL concerns me though....jumping out into oncoming

traffic and all that!

14265448150_efa0f250f3_b.jpg

I'll be more careful Sunshine, thanks. Almost got hit once in Phrae by a motorbike when I wanted to take a good vantage point from the middle of a busy street at nighttime. The wife was VERY angry. But the camera survived.laugh.png

Sorry, people, there are only pickups and no people in it. I decided to get the Mazda Pro BT-50 since it would take only a month versus others that were indefinite and not many freebies. With the different colors lining up, it's still hard to decide which color, then the daughter's word hit me...neutral tone... All good with the truck after 18 months with 11k kilometers, but getting only 10.3 liters per hundred kilometers.

post-137105-0-10468500-1403110029_thumb.

I notice the thread is progressing from hasty snapshots of passing pick ups to more composed artistic dramatic angles of images clap2.gif

biggrin.png

traffic and all that!

That's where the money is whistling.gifcheesy.gif

biggrin.png

traffic and all that!

I agree with the comments that both of you have made regarding the quality of the shots and it is my wish that they carry on posting those images you talk about.Having said that,it is also my wish that the thread does not go completely away from the hasty snapshots of passing pick-ups and I refer you to the comments I made in the opening post

" I intend this thread to be for images of what pickups people are driving,any that are modified,how and what they are loaded with (including people) in fact anything out of the ordinary with a pickup for example overloading or oversized loads. "

I know from my experience that many of the shots I have taken and posted have been taken in a situation that doesn't give a great deal of time for thought in composing the shot,it's a matter of point and shoot or miss the opportunity and hope you have the correct settings in place.

Agree too^ .... posting here has generally made me think a bit more before pushing the button, it does not always work....

I missed getting this truck in centre frame, partly cos I did not get off my motorbike... trying to balance bike and zoom does not work!!! ....facepalm.giftongue.png

IMG_5919.JPG

Ron, I know what you mean.

I said this before: The very reason I like to be here and stay is that everyone posting respects the other. I've become to know you all better and I like that. I looked around.... But there's no other place I want to be for now.

2 years ago when I started I had no idea how big the world of photography really is. My view of the world has changed.

Maybe the next step is that we could learn from eachother to develop specific skills. Just a thought...

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement. That means something.

Yours truly,

DAL

Somewhere along route 21

14458463952_c349bb8f6b_b.jpg

Agree too^ .... posting here has generally made me think a bit more before pushing the button, it does not always work....

I missed getting this truck in centre frame, partly cos I did not get off my motorbike... trying to balance bike and zoom does not work!!! ....facepalm.giftongue.png

Jimmy ... you get a like for 'Degree of Difficulty'

biggrin.png

traffic and all that!

I agree with the comments that both of you have made regarding the quality of the shots and it is my wish that they carry on posting those images you talk about.Having said that,it is also my wish that the thread does not go completely away from the hasty snapshots of passing pick-ups and I refer you to the comments I made in the opening post

" I intend this thread to be for images of what pickups people are driving,any that are modified,how and what they are loaded with (including people) in fact anything out of the ordinary with a pickup for example overloading or oversized loads. "

I know from my experience that many of the shots I have taken and posted have been taken in a situation that doesn't give a great deal of time for thought in composing the shot,it's a matter of point and shoot or miss the opportunity and hope you have the correct settings in place.

Have the same problem with these as with birds, the ones I would most like to get a shot of wont stand still.

(Have the same problem with these as with birds, the ones I would most like to get a shot of wont stand still.)

A good example of the point I was trying to make is my post #1306 above where I was caught unawares and had to take the shot from a distance then zoom in during post editing resulting in an image that is far from perfect.

While I have you here,talking of birds,have you ever taken a photo of the " Nok Ka-Wow " in Thailand ?

Edited by Ron19

(Have the same problem with these as with birds, the ones I would most like to get a shot of wont stand still.)

A good example of the point I was trying to make is my post #1306 above where I was caught unawares and had to take the shot from a distance then zoom in during post editing resulting in an image that is far from perfect.

While I have you here,talking of birds,have you ever taken a photo of the " Nok Ka-Wow " in Thailand ?

Asian Koel? Not an easy bird in Thailand but doable, especially in Lumpini.

Asian Koel? Not an easy bird in Thailand but doable, especially in Lumpini.

A lot of them around here and quite easy to get a photo of, will post on birds now.

@Hanno was it you that posted those cool Khmer or Myanmar ETAN's awhile back? I really like them.

@Dafty D, I'm eagerly awaiting your next contribution here.thumbsup.gif..wink.png

Stabilising the valuable shipment? Holding on for dear life or both? It's always matter of perspective..

14467502916_0c53fc1289_c.jpg