US police officer suspended for releasing Boston bomber Tsarnaev capture pictures

webfact

US Police Photog Suspended for Releasing Tsarnaev Capture Pictures

WASHINGTON, July 19 (by Karin Zeitvogel for RIA Novosti) – A Massachusetts State Police officer who gave a Boston magazine scores of pictures that he took of suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev during his capture has been suspended from the force, the editor of the magazine that published the photos said.

“Sgt. Sean Murphy has been relieved of duty,” John Wolfson, the editor of Boston Magazine, which published 14 of the hundreds of pictures taken by Murphy of Tsarnaev and the police effort to find him, said on Twitter late Thursday.

“Took his gun, badge, computer and more. He has been ordered not to talk to media or anyone else about events at Watertown,” Wolfson said in a series of tweets.

Boston Magazine published the images Thursday, including some that showed a battered and bloody Tsarnaev emerging from the tarpaulin-covered boat that he hid in for hours as a massive police manhunt closed down the city of Boston and the nearby suburb of Watertown.

Murphy, a tactical photographer for the Massachusetts State Police with 25 years of service under his belt, said he had handed over the pictures because he was furious that “Rolling Stone” magazine had put Tsarnaev on its cover this week.

“What ‘Rolling Stone’ did was wrong. This guy is evil,” Murphy was quoted by Boston Magazine as saying.

Full story: http://en.rian.ru/world/20130719/182328116/US-Police-Photog-Suspended-for-Releasing-Tsarnaev-Capture-Pictures.html

-- RIA NOVOSTI 2013-07-20

The reason the cop was suspended was because now it shows that the police department lied. They said Tsarnaev had been shot in the neck and the photos

clearly shows he had not been! He was shot AFTER they captured him! So much for the law and order here in the US! AND....they have videos of his brother that evening being put in a police car naked....they never admitted that. THAT is the reason why they suspended the cop...now they have egg all over their face. The sad thing is that our media will NOT cover this story. annoyed.gif

• Like 1

The reason the cop was suspended was because now it shows that the police department lied. They said Tsarnaev had been shot in the neck and the photos

clearly shows he had not been! He was shot AFTER they captured him! So much for the law and order here in the US! AND....they have videos of his brother that evening being put in a police car naked....they never admitted that. THAT is the reason why they suspended the cop...now they have egg all over their face. The sad thing is that our media will NOT cover this story. Posted Image

Its statements like this they should have just shot and killed this prick so all this bullshit does not keep coming out after!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

clearly shows he had not been! He was shot AFTER they captured him! So much for the law and order here in the US! AND....they have videos of his brother that evening being put in a police car naked....they never admitted that. THAT is the reason why they suspended the cop...now they have egg all over their face. The sad thing is that our media will NOT cover this story. annoyed.gif

Its statements like this they should have just shot and killed this prick so all this bullshit does not keep coming out after!!!!!!

Might have been the best thing.

Just like Iran censors media, so does the U.S, nobody wants the sheep to get restless and being showed things and hearing things that will wake them from their hypnotic state that they have been put in, good on you whistle blowers, show us what we are not supposed to see!

• Like 1

Dzhokhar was unarmed when he hide in the boat, right?

The arguments of this policeman why he wanted the photos published doesn't make really sense. One of his colleagues also wasn't nearly killed by Dzhokhar but by trigger happy policemen in friendly fire.

I hope he is not just temporally suspended but will lose his job.

• Like 1

Why do Americans not support people who expose the truth? Are they all brainwashed or something?

The truth should be something to respect, so good wishes to the policeman and to Snowden. Keep it coming to expose manipulation by politicians, police and the secret services.

• Like 2

clearly shows he had not been! He was shot AFTER they captured him! So much for the law and order here in the US! AND....they have videos of his brother that evening being put in a police car naked....they never admitted that. THAT is the reason why they suspended the cop...now they have egg all over their face. The sad thing is that our media will NOT cover this story. annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

I have a tinfoil hat for sale it you wish. Payment by Bitcoin only. Watch out for black helicopters/

• Like 2

clearly shows he had not been! He was shot AFTER they captured him! So much for the law and order here in the US! AND....they have videos of his brother that evening being put in a police car naked....they never admitted that. THAT is the reason why they suspended the cop...now they have egg all over their face. The sad thing is that our media will NOT cover this story. annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

I have a tinfoil hat for sale it you wish. Payment by Bitcoin only. Watch out for black helicopters/

Evidently tolsti you have not seen the photos or you would not had said something as stupid as that. It was reported that Tsarnaev had been nearly killed because of a shot in his neck. The policeman's photographs clearly showed Tsarnaev climbing out from the boat without a shot to the neck. He was raising his shirt to show he was unarmed. Take one minute and look at the photos before shooting off a dumb comment like you did.

"The truth fears no investigation."

Unless a credible source is cited for some of these claims, I would suggest you exercise care in what you are posting.

Officials: Boston suspect had no firearm when barrage of bullets hit hiding place

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-24/world/38788658_1_enforcement-explosives-police-gunfire

Witnesses suggest friendly fire felled MBTA officer

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/05/06/bullet-that-nearly-killed-mbta-police-officer-watertown-gunfight-appears-have-been-friendly-fire/kIv9CYo0oVGBC3DlhFjelL/story.html

"credible sources" also told us that Dzhokhar tried to kill himself and shot himself in the neck. but apparently he had no gun at all.

• Like 1

It seems to me the cop/photographer was relieved of his senses before he was relieved from his job. Seeing the cover of the Rolling Stone with the bomber's picture he felt that this was an attempt to glamorize the suspect. He should have read the story. One of the questions that came to prominence just after the bomber's arrest was 'How is it that an American can become so self-radicalized as to commit such an awful crime'. This Rolling Stone article attempts to answer that question. It is not in the least inflammatory or even remotely political. As some posters here have suggested there may be some evidence contained in the photo's that are not supportive of official accounts but whether or not that is valid I do not know. But what I do know is that the powers that be will never allow any other source to control the narrative of any politically sensitive event. All aspects of the event are relayed through 'official' sources only and the compliant free press in America almost always transmits only 'official' explanations.

Right on Brother they should both be in the morgue ! Now all the cooks and arm chair quarterbacks put their 2 cents in !

Edited by CLUBBER
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if it is funny or sad how so many people ....I mean sheeple there are in this world....It does not matter about facts, just listen to the "news" or "government" and accept whatever they read or hear as the gospel truth.

"There is none so blind as he who will not see."

• Like 1