'Trayvon Martin could have been me' - Barack Obama

webfact

I tend to believe his MMA instructor when he testified Zimmerman wasn't much of a fighter. I also look at the evidence where Trayvon Martin's only injury was the bullet hole in his chest while Zimmerman was all beaten up. Yeah Zimmerman was the ultimate MMA fighter seeing he couldn't even put a mark on Trayvon Martin while he himself got beaten up.

You're repeating the same 'evidence' about George Zimmerman's MMA training which has been replied to countless times.

Once again, Zimmerman's MMA instructor testified in court that Zimmerman was 'not athletic', 'soft' and whose fighting skill was '1-1.5 out of 10'.

Keep posting the same stuff, I'll just keep replying the same.

Florida's standard jury instruction 3.6(f) Justifiable Use of Force,instructs the jury when they "consider an issue of self defense they may take into account the relative physical abilities and capacities of the defendant and the victim".

George Zimmerman 5'8" tall weight 200 lbs

1 year intensive MMA Training

Bouncer training for employment

Trayvon Martin 5' 11" tall weight 158 lbs

Street fighter

Moreover, the Florida Supreme Court has indicated in dicta that specialized training (such as Martial) is relevant evidence notwithstanding its also evidence of bad character traits, Trease v. State, 768 s So. 26 1050 (Fla. 2000).

Cheers:laugh.png

Question that to the laws of Florida, Considering the Physical differences Trayvon was 3 inches taller and Zimmerman was 42 Lbs heavier, in a fight big Weight advantage for Zimmerman, If it was a Boxing match Trayvon would be a Middleweight and Zimmerman a Light Heavyweight.

Skill level, Zimmerman is a 1-1.5 10 Skilled MMA fighter

Trayvon is minus 0 10 School yard fighter

All I am saying is no matter how you look at it Zimmerman was the more skill fighter of the combatants, in MMA training you not only learn how to fight, you train on breathing properly, the majority of what you learn is based on technique, also to flow and adapt with your attacker, you are taught take downs and take down defense, mounting and how to escape from mounting..There is a lot more to combat training than just fighting.

An Average street fight last from less that a minute to about 5 minutes, so if you engage in a 100 street fight will give you 1 3/4 hours of actual fight training, In MMA training if its only an hour training sessions it

will give you !56 Hours of training.

Big Difference, Big advantage in weight and combat training

Cheers:tongue.png

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the nonsensical posting can stop anytime.

This topic has reached unbelievable lows and continued arguing is going to result in suspensions and posting holidays.

This trial is over. Believe what you want to believe, but stop posting far out speculative posts that have no substance and have been posted over and over and over and over and over again....

Enough already.

• Like 1

Who knows... Just like in the movie 'Groundhog Day' the trial and everything that preceded will soon revert to the beginning and everyone here who so chooses can enjoy the thing over & over again.

Phil (Bill Murray): Ned, I would love to stay here and talk with you... but I'm not going to.

On the FBI, found race was not involved as many have been saying, that response was based on Serino's findings that racism was not in involved in the shooting death of Travon Martin, also stated that Zimmerman had a hero complex..

It is extremely important for the Feds to question Serino on his 180 degree change from the night of the shooting to his testimony in the trial.

The following is an exert from Serino's report , that stated that he found probable cause to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.

"Serino took into account the fact that on August 3 and 4 and October 6,2011, and on February 2, 2012. Zimmerman had called police to report "suspicious persons:" all young Black males, in the Retreat neighborhood." Serino's report states that "According to records checks , all of Zimmerman's suspicious persons calls while residing in the Retreat neighborhood have identified Black male as the subjects."

Sure looks and sound like racist to me, the Feds need to take a long look at Serino.

Cheers:laugh.png

Edited by kikoman

Obama wasn't "nudging us into soul searching." He was shoving. He was inciting.

His irresponsible statements were designed to divide.

Just look at this thread. And this has been going on for a decade or more, from Hollywood and D.C.

Things are by no means perfect in the States when it comes to race relations. But I grew up in the 60s and 70s. It was getting better, then taking two or three steps forward, with the occasional step backwards. The US has an admirable history of lawmaking to protect minorities. Laws work. Race baiting does, too. Just to different ends.

Mr Obama, saying such things as whites lock their car doors when blacks come near, is nonsense, and such nonsense just shoved us many steps back. I told my wife to always lock her cars doors in public, white, black or whatever. I did, too, and I can take care of myself, and I was armed. An ounce of prevention, apparently is confused with racism.

So what if a 60 year old white woman locks her doors because a black male approaches? So does the smart black woman. My mom locks her door when white men come near her car. No doubt black woman do too. They should. It's called common sense in the world we live in.

I'm not usually defending the president but he didn't specifically say "whites" lock their doors. Everyone does it; white, black, brown,...everyone.

Also, at the end of his speech Obama said this:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/07/19/obama_trayvon_martin_could_have_been_me_35_years_ago.html

"And let me just leave you with -- with a final thought, that as difficult and challenging as this whole episode has been for a lot of people, I don’t want us to lose sight that things are getting better. Each successive generation seems to be making progress in changing attitudes when it comes to race. I doesn’t mean that we’re in a postracial society. It doesn’t mean that racism is eliminated. But you know, when I talk to Malia and Sasha and I listen to their friends and I see them interact, they’re better than we are. They’re better than we were on these issues. And that’s true in every community that I’ve visited all across the country.

And so, you know, we have to be vigilant and we have to work on these issues, and those of us in authority should be doing everything we can to encourage the better angels of our nature as opposed to using these episodes to heighten divisions. But we should also have confidence that kids these days I think have more sense than we did back then, and certainly more than our parents did or our grandparents did, and that along this long, difficult journey, you know, we’re becoming a more perfect union -- not a perfect union, but a more perfect union."

Edited by mopar71