Loans for motorbikes (Kawasaki)

Hi!

Walking through a shopping mall that was having a promo for Kawasaki bikes.

I'm in love with nearly all of them, in particular the mor expensive ones :) Has any expat been given a financial loan to buy a motorbike in Bangkok? I work for a large company, own a condo here if that helps.

Thanks

Be wary of a 6% loan from the dealer, and not the bank. It could be that they mean 6% of the original amount, forever until the loan is repaid, which would amount to about

19 1/2% per year if it were fully amortized in a four year loan.

Edited by Longtooth

Be wary of a 6% loan from the dealer, and not the bank. It could be that they mean 6% of the original amount, forever until the loan is repaid, which would amount to about

Good to know. Some of the motorbikes Ive seen are damn fine... just not sure if they are 19.5%/year fine thumbsup.gif

May just be a snoopi paid in cash then....

If you can get a citibank credit card, you can purchase a bike and get 18 months at 0% interest , after that it is 10.9% with good credit. Plus you can get mileage that would pay for half a plane ticket back home. Payments for a $5000 usd purchase would be about $100 per month, until the end of the interest free period.

Be wary of a 6% loan from the dealer, and not the bank.   It could be that they mean 6% of the original amount, forever until the loan is repaid, which would amount to about

Most loans here are % per year added at the beginning of the loan ie: 100k loan at 5% over 2 years would be 10% interest charge or 10k

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6