New Bike Finally Arrived

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never understood whats the real purpose of bikes like these? Touring? Fast? For sure its not for communting.

...its a penis extension .A bike like that should never leave a track .Its purely for track days out .

As much as i like reading bike posts is there really the need to do it on all thai based forums for expats ?Nice bike by the way ,and plently of cc to avoid those dreaded Bib lol

I post here and on one other channel- I didn't post anywhere else, and while I'm aware of some crossover, there are people I interact here that I don't interact with anywhere else (unless I'm under the impression that someone using two usernames is actually two different people)- I have no idea who you are, i.e.- also note the posts are unique and not copied-and-pasted (though pics are the same).

I hope that's OK.)

If you're in the Pattaya area, a good little ride is down to Rayong's Hat Mae Rumphung beach for seafood. A decent stretch of highway to open the throttle.

I'm not, but I will try to get there on the bike eventually- I'd like to ride with yanke99 and anybody from the forum that's local to the area.

i never understood whats the real purpose of bikes like these? Touring? Fast? For sure its not for communting.

...its a penis extension .A bike like that should never leave a track .Its purely for track days out .

It'll give me an extension? Cool! As far as track days go, I'm guessing you've never been on one as there as dozens of bikes that are more at home on the track than mine- I had my Hayabusa on 'The Streets of Willow' once- never again- give me a CBR-600RR any day.wink.png

Anyway, I just got back fom a short ride- even though it's been raining a bit I had to try it out, and it cleared up a bit- wow, this bike really needs a careful hand- I was sure I was above 5K a few times (the factory recommends a 4K limit for 1000km, but that's gonna be tough) and I was well short of it- the acceleration at even low revs is just instant and violent- the real power that exists above 7K has to be monstrous.

It's a big bike (my mods should have shaved it down to about 250kg) but that size really disappears once you're moving- it's a little hard on the wrists, but not terrible, and the pegs are high but bearable, and I'm long-legged.

I like it so far.smile.png

Well as long as you enjoy polishing it ,who am i to judge ;-)

Lovely bike. congrats.

I used to ride BKK to Rayong with my GF most weekends and this (or a Hayabusa) would have been my weapon of choice for that 200km trip. There's a 70km stretch from Ban Bueng to Klaeng and I got blasted by one of these (and Hayabusa's) a few times while riding pretty quick on that section. For a long trip like BKK to Chiang Mai this would be perfect. For me, these bikes are sports tourers with a heavy emphasis on the "sports" portion.

Have fun and take it easy for the first few 1000 kms...

• Like 1

Lovely bike. congrats.

I used to ride BKK to Rayong with my GF most weekends and this (or a Hayabusa) would have been my weapon of choice for that 200km trip. There's a 70km stretch from Ban Bueng to Klaeng and I got blasted by one of these (and Hayabusa's) a few times while riding pretty quick on that section.

The 344. A great stretch of road if riding to Koh Chang or Rayong.

Yeah, I know this isn't the best choice for Thailand- I've wanted one ever since the gen-2 was announced at the end of 2011- I just decided to indulge myself a bit (and note, as mentioned earlier in this thread, it comes with a penis extension as well, so, hey, not bad;)).

I'll really open it up when conditions allow it- having owned other large, fast bikes previously, I know I can keep control of myself (to a point, of course)- it's a pussycat if you want it to be (unlike some more track-oriented examples, which can be no fun in even light traffic).

• Like 1

It'll give me an extension? Cool! As far as track days go, I'm guessing you've never been on one as there as dozens of bikes that are more at home on the track than mine- I had my Hayabusa on 'The Streets of Willow' once- never again- give me a CBR-600RR any day.wink.png

Anyway, I just got back fom a short ride- even though it's been raining a bit I had to try it out, and it cleared up a bit- wow, this bike really needs a careful hand- I was sure I was above 5K a few times (the factory recommends a 4K limit for 1000km, but that's gonna be tough) and I was well short of it- the acceleration at even low revs is just instant and violent- the real power that exists above 7K has to be monstrous.

It's a big bike (my mods should have shaved it down to about 250kg) but that size really disappears once you're moving- it's a little hard on the wrists, but not terrible, and the pegs are high but bearable, and I'm long-legged.

I like it so far.smile.png

Well as long as you enjoy polishing it ,who am i to judge ;-)

About 2 posts too late wink.png

OP: Nice bike, have fun

Edited by spud67
  • Like 1

Yeah, a 250kg (after full exhaust is replaced) 'track bike that doesn't belong anywhere else'. biggrin.png

Nice one OP, I'm sure it creates the type of sound that passers by feel, instead of hear. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Salapoo

Enjoy your bike mate. Those are rocket ships. If it's been your dream to own one ever since it launched.... then good on ya.

Ignore the posts from Anto and HiLi.......... they just don't get it.

Edited by Phatcharanan
  • Like 2

well i want to see you commuting through BKK with it; Enjoy. btw my post wasnt ment negativly iam just interested fo what purpose the OP using the bike as for myself i wouldnt know what to do with it. Iam owning 4 bikes each for its own purpose Naked - Trips / Sport - Fast/Track / 400cc - City / Scooter - 7/11. For myself this is making sense but each for his own....