New Bike Finally Arrived

That's a first-gen ZX-14 (no 'R')- if it's the same dark blue as mine (it's hard to tell as it almost always looks black) it's a 2008- I don't think those were ever sold through Kawi Thailand (though I could be wrong about that)- somebody imported it.;)

Edit- oops- that's from Japan, not LOS.

Edited by RubberSideDown

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i want to see you commuting through BKK with it; Enjoy. btw my post wasnt ment negativly iam just interested fo what purpose the OP using the bike as for myself i wouldnt know what to do with it. Iam owning 4 bikes each for its own purpose Naked - Trips / Sport - Fast/Track / 400cc - City / Scooter - 7/11. For myself this is making sense but each for his own....

I commute on a Wave.;)

I bought this bike mostly for weekends when I can take off and head North where the decent roads are- using it as basic transportation was never the plan (in fact, I plan on trailering it if I ever have to ride through BKK traffic- you guys that deal with that turmoil on a daily basis have my respect).

Got it; making sense now. Enjoy your new ride

I commute on a Wave.wink.png

I bought this bike mostly for weekends when I can take off and head North where the decent roads are- using it as basic transportation was never the plan

I am the same way. I use a Wave 125i for all transport needs. I also have a 4dr Isuzu Dmax that hardly gets used

This is something I think that confuses some of the folks.

The truck is way more comfy with Air Con etc but what a hassle to drive & park & to top it off I get back to the

condo & half the time there are no spaces left under roof. So I tend to use the wave 99% of the time save for really bad weather

or really long trips.

Some do not realize that some riders do not necessarily buy a bike like this for commuting etc

but for the singular purpose of the smile it brings when used for its intended purpose.

That purpose may come once a day, a week or once a month for some. But the reason is the same.

Same even with my small ninja

If this is what gives someone pleasure why not?

Enjoy wink.png

Agree with all the above. I have a Honda Sonic for village duties, my SUV for shopping in town and trips with my family and the Ducati for the odd blast & track duties :)

• Like 1

Awesome bike, the feeling of knowing you can lift the front effortlessly anytime you want to is priceless !

The ZX14R I road in the Middle East popped a nice little power wheelie (about a foot off of the ground) at around 240kph. I was just dropping it into 5th gear if I recall....awesome and stable.

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

Awesome bike, the feeling of knowing you can lift the front effortlessly anytime you want to is priceless !

The ZX14R I road in the Middle East popped a nice little power wheelie (about a foot off of the ground) at around 240kph. I was just dropping it into 5th gear if I recall....awesome and stable.

In Thailand, make sure you have good brakes. Over here we do stopies if the soi dogs come out of nowhere. :P

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ZX14R I road in the Middle East popped a nice little power wheelie (about a foot off of the ground) at around 240kph. I was just dropping it into 5th gear if I recall....awesome and stable.

man i would have too much fun on that thing...keep it away from me...laugh.png

In Thailand, make sure you have good brakes. Over here we do stopies if the soi dogs come out of nowhere. tongue.png

there is a time and a place for everything

From my FB feed today1009767_548638681838912_748845474_n.jpg

Does she ride that? If so, impressive. I like Asian girls on big sports bikes (who doesn't?) but have only ridden with (or seen) one. Girl from Hua Hin on a cbr1000rr. Apparently there're a few Thai girls riding Monsters now

Next week I'll be re-mapping the low-power setting into a new tune that will increase the mid-range hit by ~25hp

I cannot help but smile when I read things like this.

Seeing as your bumping your mid-range by almost my total HP laugh.png

Doh!

I'm actually coming to the realization that I don't need it at all, but I already bought the software and tuning harness.;)

• Like 2

I got a chance to ride a bit more today as the rain let up- this bike is really fast- it feels way faster than my '00 Busa, and that put out 168rwhp- of course I knew it would be, but it's still surprising how effortlessly it gets up and goes.

I haven't really run past 5500rpm yet as I still have less than 500km (I'm breaking it in between what Kawi suggests and Motoman's guidelines)- I'm looking forward to feeling the hit at 7K. It handles great for a heavy bike- that weight really disappears once you're moving. The Brock's exhaust sounds phenomenal- it's exactly what I wanted- it pops and burbles a bit on deceleration, but there's no back-firing- the PC-V map works great from just above idle.

Next week I'll be re-mapping the low-power setting (stock it cuts power by 25% for weather conditions- I can limit power with my right wrist and don't need help) into a new tune that will increase the mid-range hit by ~25hp by setting the secondary throttle plates to open earlier- I'll also be removing the top-speed limiter (not that I'll need it, but why not?) and eliminating the Kawi 'safety mode' that can pull timing if the throttle is whacked open in the first three gears (the stock map will remain untouched, and I'll be able to switch between the two).

No complaints so far (except for the weather;)).

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif image.jpg

you are a lucky man and that is a cool toy. :)

• Like 1

Next week I'll be re-mapping the low-power setting into a new tune that will increase the mid-range hit by ~25hp

Doh!

I'm actually coming to the realization that I don't need it at all, but I already bought the software and tuning harness.wink.png

slap yourself, it is always needed :D

Doh!

I'm actually coming to the realization that I don't need it at all, but I already bought the software and tuning harness.wink.png

slap yourself, it is always needed :D