Online Payments

Pattaya28

Electricity and water in Pattaya cannot be paid via the Internet

The only way is to have them paid is via automatic debit from your Thai Bank account

As for the reason you can't pay as needed is because the electric company and the water company don't want to make their billing system available to the banks and / or don't have the technology available to do so

The only way is to have them paid is via automatic debit from your Thai Bank account

As for the reason you can't pay as needed is because the electric company and the water company don't want to make their billing system available to the banks and / or don't have the technology available to do so

Don't think so. The first two are private enterprises interested in customer service and making a profit; the latter two are government enterprises uninterested in either customer service or making a profit.

<deleted>. I pay my electricity via a direct debit using my SCB account.

• Like 1

I pay mine in 7.11, no problem at all.

At 7-11 can not pay electric if its over 30 000 baht.

Thankfully, electricity company had enough brain and decency to open a branch in Royal Garden, for water if late need to go to other side of earth to pay it.

For some insane reason, they do not carry on the balance and if not paid in full by the due date, they come out to cut off the service if 5 days in arrears.

They do not accept credit cards or bank deposits, I guess its an added expense for them, so easier to just make customer do all the hopping and running around

UBC pay online.

3BB pay online.

Electricity cannot pay online. Wife goes to 7/11, just as easy if not easier than paying online.

Water cannot pay online. Wife goes to 7/11, just as easy if not easier than paying online.

• Like 1

UBC pay online. 3BB pay online. Electricity cannot pay online. Wife goes to 7/11, just as easy if not easier than paying online. Water cannot pay online. Wife goes to 7/11, just as easy if not easier than paying online.

Naturally its easier when wife does it all for youthumbsup.gif

The problem arises if you travel often. You then must arrange a 3rd party to pay your bills for you. I have been told it takes several months to set up

direct debit and several months to stop it. Annoying it you move.

given the numerous daily reports of scams

why would a person give anyone or any company in Thailand

their bank details to facilitate a direct debit ?

Could you please enlighten me about these "numerous daily reports of scams" ?

I pay my electric bill by monthly automatic debit for years

and never heard of any problem (or scam) about this system smile.png

given the numerous daily reports of scams

why would a person give anyone or any company in Thailand

their bank details to facilitate a direct debit ?

Could you please enlighten me about these "numerous daily reports of scams" ?

I pay my electric bill by monthly automatic debit for years

and never heard of any problem (or scam) about this system smile.png

Not necessary a scam, but automatic systems operated by humans occasionally do falter.

A friend of mine was automatically debited about 10 fold his normal usage, ended up being a mistake from the bloke reading the meter.

It was a big hassle trying to get the overpaid money back (took about 2 months), they actually rather not paid it back, but just use it as an advance payment.

My friend wasn't interested borrowing a state agency 10 months worth of electricity at 0% interest so insisted on getting refunded.

In March this year I received an electricity bill of over 35,000 Baht (usually less then 1000/month). Luckily I simply pay at 7/11, so I could actually go to the electricity office to see what was up. Ended up somebody forgot to update their computer system that they swapped out my meter for a new model.

I would have been mightily pissed off seeing 35,000 Baht disappear from my account and then have to wait a few months for the refund to be processed.

• Like 2