Five hurt in two-bike crash in Phuket

webfact

Five hurt in two-bike crash in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1374420445_1.jpg
The 9-year-old girl sits on a stretcher while volunteers treat the others injured in the crash.

PHUKET: Five people were hurt evening July 20 when two motorbikes collided in Cherng Talay.

Arriving at the scene, police and Khusondharm Foundation volunteers found a blue Honda Click and a red Honda MSX lying in the road badly damaged.

Also lying in the road were the five victims – two women and a nine-year-old girl who had been riding on the Click, and two young men aged 20 and 16, who had been on the MSX. All five were taken to Thalang Hospital.

From their initial investigation, police believe that the driver of the Click did a sudden U-turn in front of the MSX, causing the accident, but the five are to be questioned about the crash once they are sufficiently recovered.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/five-hurt-in-two-bike-crash-in-phuket-40942.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-07-22

Mirrors if they have them are used for squeezing pimples and plucking hair, rarely have I seen another use for them.

I have come out of businesses and found them using my mirrors..

Remember in Thailand it is your fault, when they pull out in front of you and you run them over.

I have thought of a truck air horn for the bike, but it might scare them into me.......

picture this, LEGAL scooter drag racing, concrete road/drag strip 8 metres wide, concrete light poles on edge of road (the square variety), drag bikes doing around the 180 kph +

Remember what happened to the russian in jomtiem? body ripped in half

I hope they have learnt a lesson for future riding and that the injuries are not serious but enough to remind them and those they know.

Although judging by the rate of motorbike incidents like this history has yet to to teach it's lesson.

If we all had to guess who was at fault for this accident given the choice of 2 women and a child on one bike and 2 young Thai guys on the other, it would be pretty safe to assume it wasn't the girls.

guess again, the girls were riding the click, they did u turn in front of the probably speeding msx

I hope they have learnt a lesson for future riding and that the injuries are not serious but enough to remind them and those they know.

Although judging by the rate of motorbike incidents like this history has yet to to teach it's lesson.

i do not think any lessons are learned, almost 100% of Thai's have had bike accidents and a huge number continue to ride like idiots.

So many, where parent was killed in an accident and yet they continue to ride without helmets or any regard for the road or traffic

where i live there is usually siren wails from rescue and ambulance vehicles many times a day and night, since low season started the rescue and ambos has dramatically dropped off, makes me think just how many foreigners end up in accidents

Remember in Thailand it is your fault, when they pull out in front of you and you run them over.

No.

you are right, but you still pay

Also no. All depends on circumstances.

me wrong, i was thinking about driving a car. farang on a bike, i would not bet on it.

And the fact that there should only be 4 NOT 5 has not even raised Police eye brows.

It wouldn't have surprised me if it had been greater than five and including toddlers, from the passenger overloading I see in Bangkok.

Edited by MaxYakov

Always very sad to see accidents like these happen.

And typically, the mobile phones would at the same time slip off the hands of both drivers...

Yup. That's why they don't wear helmets - can't easily yik-yak on the mobiles. Eye protection? Who's watching?

Edited by MaxYakov

Whoever is driving the car has to pay, does not matter who is at fault. If no cars are involved

whoever has the money has to pay. That is what I have been told by Thais. Sounds almost reasonable.

As far as driving skills are concerned youth have the mindset of invincibility and they either learn

from there mistakes/accidents or Darwin moves in to play and the stupid/crazy drivers get culled from the herd.

The only problem is many poor van/truck drivers are somewhat protected in the cab and take out a lot

of scooter riders with no repercussions. On the whole I think there is to much emphasis on fate here so they

can pass around corners and over hills, also no need to slow down with poor road conditions, like torrential

rain and sharp corners and steep hills. What will be will be.

• Like 1

Whoever is driving the car has to pay, does not matter who is at fault. If no cars are involved

whoever has the money has to pay. That is what I have been told by Thais. Sounds almost reasonable.

I can tell you from own experience, hitting a bike while I was driving a car, this is not true. The bike got the blame and had to pay for the damage to my car, and he had a job making not very much.

Thais can tell you something, the ones who decide may have a different opinion.

• Like 1

As far as driving skills are concerned youth have the mindset of invincibility and they either learn

from there mistakes/accidents or Darwin moves in to play and the stupid/crazy drivers get culled from the herd.

The only problem is many poor van/truck drivers are somewhat protected in the cab and take out a lot

of scooter riders with no repercussions. On the whole I think there is to much emphasis on fate here so they

can pass around corners and over hills, also no need to slow down with poor road conditions, like torrential

rain and sharp corners and steep hills. What will be will be.

You have one day to be born, and one day to die, and you can do nothing to influence either, is the mindset of many.

• Like 1

I can tell you from own experience, hitting a bike while I was driving a car, this is not true. The bike got the blame and had to pay for the damage to my car, and he had a job making not very much.

Thais can tell you something, the ones who decide may have a different opinion.

As can I when a bike jumped the red right in front of me (I'm driving a car). A witness went to the police station and signed a report stating the 'farang' was not at fault, the MC jumped the red. The MC rider argued the toss over many meetings at the police station during negotiations. The police got fed up with his arguing and just said to the MC 'negotiations over, you're at fault, end of story'.

i do not think any lessons are learned, almost 100% of Thai's have had bike accidents and a huge number continue to ride like idiots.

So many, where parent was killed in an accident and yet they continue to ride without helmets or any regard for the road or traffic

ฺำBecause not wearing a helmet does not cause accidents!

• Like 1

ฺำ

Because not wearing a helmet does not cause accidents!

I also don't see what's wrong with two adults and a child on a Click.

They do sell child seats for a Click you know.

• Like 1