Five hurt in two-bike crash in Phuket

webfact

I hope they have learnt a lesson for future riding and that the injuries are not serious but enough to remind them and those they know.

Although judging by the rate of motorbike incidents like this history has yet to to teach it's lesson.

i do not think any lessons are learned, almost 100% of Thai's have had bike accidents and a huge number continue to ride like idiots.

So many, where parent was killed in an accident and yet they continue to ride without helmets or any regard for the road or traffic

ฺำBecause not wearing a helmet does not cause accidents!

correct, it just causes death

I also don't see what's wrong with two adults and a child on a Click.

They do sell child seats for a Click you know.

Just because they sell child sits it does not make it safe or approved.

Not to mention, girl in the photo is about double the age of what the child sit is made for:thumbsup:

I hope they have learnt a lesson for future riding and that the injuries are not serious but enough to remind them and those they know.

Although judging by the rate of motorbike incidents like this history has yet to to teach it's lesson.

i do not think any lessons are learned, almost 100% of Thai's have had bike accidents and a huge number continue to ride like idiots.

So many, where parent was killed in an accident and yet they continue to ride without helmets or any regard for the road or traffic

I agree with the above post, many Thais do ride without regard for road or traffic, but its not surprising really when you consider that they have never had proper training, and I have never seen a moped rider pulled over for speeding, riding on the pavement, or riding against the flow of traffic because they are too lazy to ride over to the left hand side, the cops could have a field day in collaring underage riders three on a bike, with no licence and insurance at the school gates at the end of school each day. And the cops also have a big poster campaign reading 100% crackdown on riders not wearing crash helmets yet they often ride around wearing only a baseball caps, this does to send a good message to young impressionable riders who soon realize they really can get away with breaking most laws on the roads

No it does not! Not wearing a helmet does not cause accidents or cause death.

But not having a vizor does cause accidents.

But not having a vizor does cause accidents.

I can agree that if something hits your eyes, it could cause an accident, so wearing goggles may make sense. But i have been riding here for 10 years with a helmet (mostly) but no vizor, in Europe etc many flies etc to get in the eye, here it has happened one time to me.

I did wear my European standard helmet one time here, never again! So enclosed, can't hear anything and found myself riding so fast without knowing it, due to no rush of air in my face.

Giving a false sense of security in my humble opinion is far more dangerous and likely to cause accident.

No it does not! Not wearing a helmet does not cause accidents or cause death.

Technically correct......It is the series of events leading up to the head hitting a hard object that is the cause of the accident , which in turn may cause death...

The simple act of 'not wearing a helmet' definately does not cause accidents or cause death...smile.png

• Like 1