VIDEO: Thailand's former Olympic badminton team brawls at competition, acts like children

Lite Beer

Seems like a headline made specially for TV.

No, I do not think that violent behaviour is inherent to Thai or Thainess.

What riles up Farangs who are on the know of Thainess is Thais portraying themselves as a model of civility, manners and virtues that we all should copy.

In Thainess, there is an ingrained notion (from childhood) that Thais are very special.

The reason that Thais, unless they try to sell something, are leery of Farangs. Thai good, Farang _____fill the blank based on your experiences.

Thais lack self awareness. Thais have a thin skin and can feel easily offended by innocent words or gestures.

Their reaction is to do what is necessary to Save Face, the most dominant of all Thai obsessions,

So, I do not think that Thais are more prone to violence in sports than other nations. Think USA and UK. Some EU countries ban them from going to soccer matches.

But, for sure they are not that special when so many instances of taxi drivers hacking Farangs, Tuk-tuk clubbing tourists and as in this case, violence of Thai on Thai; during an international event!!!!

Thais are good people in general but... well, you get the idea.

• Like 1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, straight to violence. Looks pretty normal to me. Surprised no one had a machete laying around.

Thank goodness no one came back with a gun.

Thais are known to wait long lengths of time to kill someone they had a confrontation with before. Flip a coin, it may not be over.

• Like 1

I get really fed up by Thai people telling me 'you are not Thai, you can never understand', but In this case, I don't understand, really, what the hell goes through their tiny little stupid brains when they do things like this ?!?!? And the government complains constantly about people showing Thailand in a bad light by making movies that show reality and honest people speaking the truth - the fact of the matter is that the behaviour of idiots like these shows Thailand in a much worse light, glad the rest of the world can see for themselves without the government trying to stop it getting out, this is a sadly typical example of the Thai mindset. ;(

• Like 1

For all you Thai bashers, here is a refreshing look at a one on

one Thai fight...... Something many people have said does not exist. :-)

Nothing to do with Thai bashing.It's just a typical Thai male thing, mentality and maturity of a falang 5 year old throwing a tantrum.

Comes from from being mommy's little prince that has been allowed to act like a t-at and get away with it all their lives.

Seems like a headline made specially for TV.

No, I do not think that violent behaviour is inherent to Thai or Thainess.

What riles up Farangs who are on the know of Thainess is Thais portraying themselves as a model of civility, manners and virtues that we all should copy.

In Thainess, there is an ingrained notion (from childhood) that Thais are very special.

The reason that Thais, unless they try to sell something, are leery of Farangs. Thai good, Farang _____fill the blank based on your experiences.

Thais lack self awareness. Thais have a thin skin and can feel easily offended by innocent words or gestures.

Their reaction is to do what is necessary to Save Face, the most dominant of all Thai obsessions,

So, I do not think that Thais are more prone to violence in sports than other nations. Think USA and UK. Some EU countries ban them from going to soccer matches.

But, for sure they are not that special when so many instances of taxi drivers hacking Farangs, Tuk-tuk clubbing tourists and as in this case, violence of Thai on Thai; during an international event!!!!

Thais are good people in general but... well, you get the idea.

On the basis that Thai participation in elite sport is far less than more developed countries, comparison is hardly simple.

This is badminton. Hardly a contact sport.

Ah yes, straight to violence. Looks pretty normal to me. Surprised no one had a machete laying around.

Thank goodness no one came back with a gun.

Thais are known to wait long lengths of time to kill someone they had a confrontation with before. Flip a coin, it may not be over.

Remember the Borgias: "Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold."

I get really fed up by Thai people telling me 'you are not Thai, you can never understand', but In this case, I don't understand, really, what the hell goes through their tiny little stupid brains when they do things like this ?!?!? And the government complains constantly about people showing Thailand in a bad light by making movies that show reality and honest people speaking the truth - the fact of the matter is that the behaviour of idiots like these shows Thailand in a much worse light, glad the rest of the world can see for themselves without the government trying to stop it getting out, this is a sadly typical example of the Thai mindset. ;(

Basically it's three things:

Thai males tend to be emotionally immature throughout their lives (ye, yes, there are exception)

A lack of concern for other's feelings or comfort

And, face.

Put the three together, and you have an IED.

• Like 1

Is this what Yingluck meant when she said she want Thais to promote Thailand?

They say there's no such thing as a stupid question. But, I guess they could be wrong...

I don't get it. Yingluck and the PTP government asked Thais abroad to promote Thainess. Then these players decide to do exactly as they were told by their government, start a Thai style face saving fight over nothing and take no responsibility for their actions, two of the most important aspects of Thainess, and people still complain?

I Think they just promoted Thainess better than the TAT ever has!

I await his defence that he called him "ee kwai" or something, and the Canadians will put him in a straight jacket because he will be deemed bonkers.

How is the diplomat woman doing?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Take it easy guys. How come rugby league and ice hockey players get to do it fairly regularly?

Nobody seems to mind that.

They take their sport seriously is all!!

It was a fairly intense full moon this month.

Take it easy guys. How come rugby league and ice hockey players get to do it fairly regularly?

Yeah, they wear gum shields and body padding.

This is badminton. What next chess champion assaults opponent with rook and bishop?

SHAMEFUL

Thailand should be proud to be represented by these 2

Personally I think this is the first time I have actually seen a TRUE representation of how the Thai mind set works....Cheers to 2 lovely Thai guys showing the world how they can handle themselves on the world stage...

• Like 1

Because they are physical contact games where sometimes things get heated. Badminton is not a contact sport.

• Like 1