new mobile fish and chips

dave2

I found him in front od SCB bank near the moat yesterday got 4 pieces of fish took ate 2 took two home for the wife . The fish was good as it was when I had it a few days before !!!

Edited by BB1955

re

I'm sure the f&c are great value though and will be trying soon

good for you smile.png

an update !

i was having a coffee yesterday and dee happend to go past so i said hello and he told me he has changed some of the times hes at each site

so here ya go smile.png

dave2

post-42592-0-53763800-1375841840_thumb.j

post-42592-0-08146800-1375841873_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Dees Fish and Chips yesterday and for the extra 10 baht (Tartar sce) it was well worth the total price of 60 baht. Not too fussed on chips at the best of time but the fish and surrounding batter was very tasty. Cant go wrong at that price, all that was missing was a nice cold pint of beer thumbsup.gif

Edited by CMKiwi

Tried Dees Fish and Chips yesterday and for the extra 10 baht (Tartar sce) it was well worth the total price of 60 baht. Not too fussed on chips at the best of time but the fish and surrounding batter was very tasty. Cant go wrong at that price, all that was missing was a nice cold pint of beer thumbsup.gif

That's what these are for! :)

7-eleven-thailand.jpg

Me too. It is not nearly as good as "real" English fish and chips, but beggars can't be choosers and Long John Silvers, Arthur Treacher's or H.Salt Esquire will do in a pinch.

LJS has that 'thing' about it though.

A master chef told me long ago that they use clarified butter in their batter instead of water.

I really want a LJS hush puppy right now :)

• 1 month later...

another update :)

i was wandering down sunday walking street last week and saw dee so i thought id give his fish and chips a try and for a 50 baht afternoon snack they were good !

he also told me hes got a new location outside 1 way bar and massage place every night but not sundays

enjoy ... dave2

post-42592-0-66377500-1381669198_thumb.j

post-42592-0-08948900-1381669230_thumb.j

post-42592-0-78597700-1381669261_thumb.j

So it starts and in Thailand with a motorbike cart, but better than a donkey & a wagon.

Hopefully this trend will continue & grow into mobile kitchens as there are many with a broad range of international foods in the States...we used to refer to them as Roach Coaches but over the past decade they've become something closer to mobile cuisine.

Finally, non-overpriced Fish & Chips come to Chiang Mai..

Most restaurants price this stuff like it's solid gold.

"Finally, non-overpriced Fish & Chips come to Chiang Mai"

There used to be some guy in behind Loy Kroh, he did some good ones, gone now, if these are the same quality as his it would be the best deal I've seen for a long time.....

So anyone try them?

I also go regular to sausage kings restaurant he does large fish and real chips with a choice of Australian garden peas or British mushy for 99 baht or Atlantic cod and chips etc 199 baht.

I want the one in the pic, looks delicious and I will order it next time I'm at King's!!!!

I tried them yesterday for the first time for 50B well worth the money.

Alright, what kind of fish?

Fish cake or fish?

Oil type? Only ask because of my heart issues.....

No idea ,I just know it tasted ok as did the fries.

OK cool, I go out in the night, a LOT.... Should be a good time for a try!

I tried them yesterday for the first time for 50B well worth the money.

Alright, what kind of fish?

Fish cake or fish?

Oil type? Only ask because of my heart issues.....

I believe the 50 baht "deal" uses the inexpensive pangas (Mekong catfish).

I'm holding out for Atlantic cod !!

Sampled his wares tonight - frozen skinny chips (but I suppose that's a foregone conclusion), fish OK, batter superb. Nice change for us and very cheap. We'll probably get them again - good luck to him, at least he's trying.

• Like 1

Seen the fish and chips motorbike cart at 3pm today 100m down past black canyon inside Tha Phae gate. 50 baht for a serve. I wouldn't touch it with barge pole. What with old oil and cholesterol and the like.

Edited by coma

Seen the fish and chips motorbike cart at 3pm today 100m down past black canyon inside Tha Phae gate. 50 baht for a serve. I wouldn't touch it with barge pole. What with old oil and cholesterol and the like.

That is way i did like the option i had at the smokehouse,the fish was pan-fry in olive oil

deep fried after all is always a bad choice even if the palm oil is new

That is way i did like the option i had at the smokehouse,the fish was pan-fry in olive oil

deep fried after all is always a bad choice even if the palm oil is new

Hello, the topic is Fish & Chips.

Please tune in again when we discuss Steamed Free-Range Rainbow Trout served on a bed of Hand-raised Quinoa.

well when i was in australia in the better pubs you had the choise of having your fish grilled,it was still called fish and chips...

• 4 months later...

the guy does an excellent job of providing English style fish and chips///.even provides small bags with salt vinegar and ketchup included in the price

whenever I buy from him the oil always looks clean as does the kitchen area on the sidecar