Smart Phone Dislike

terak

I do not know if it is just me or is my dislike for these smart phones a common feeling. I am fed up with users bumping into me because the are using video or playing a game as they walk around the shopping centres. I was in a bar over weekend and cashier just sat playing on phone, (she showed me the game), I had 1 beer, normally have 3 or 4, told her that was why bar was quiet, paid bin & went.

I understand they have their uses, but the world (I assume) is becoming addicted to these sad appliances in the wrong places.
Gone to check my emails on smart phone !!!! whistling.gif
  • Like 1

@terak,

I would hate them too if they found a smart phone more interesting as me. So you can either hate the smartphones or become more interesting.

A really interesting observation - please advise me on how I can be more interesting to a person that has just bumped into me in Central cause he/she had their nose stuck onto a 4 inch screen and was not watching where they were going ?

• Like 1

@terak,

I would hate them too if they found a smart phone more interesting as me. So you can either hate the smartphones or become more interesting.

A really interesting observation - please advise me on how I can be more interesting to a person that has just bumped into me in Central cause he/she had their nose stuck onto a 4 inch screen and was not watching where they were going ?

I was talking about the cashier at the bar, not idiots that don't look where they are going.

I love my smartphone but there is a time and place for everything.

• Like 1

I agree with you , I'm tired of staff ignoring the customer because they find their smart phone more interesting.

That the question - do they find it more interesting or are they addicted to it ??

Let me get this straight: If the cashier had bothered talking to you, you would have had another three beers?

Needy mate, very, very needy.

You not got straight - I may of stayed for a few more beers, but why ?? If your happy to sit in a bar looking at the rear end of a phone, then it is obviously your choice. I was just airing my choice wai2.gif

I agree with you , I'm tired of staff ignoring the customer because they find their smart phone more interesting.

Cell phone/wifi jammer smile.png

pj000.png

Where can I get one ? wink.png

Pantip plaza! thumbsup.gif

I wonder if they are legal in EU/UK ;)

I also believe with the modern times with smart phones & tablets on-line 24/7 people forget to actually talk face to face anymore.

They send messages on Face book about what they are doing, no that anybody gives a shit.

Try notice kids from 10 years and up, they don't leave home without a device that call, or either surf on the net or play a game.

It's a bit sad, why don't they play more physical games like football which I did when I was a boy.

I do have a smart phone myself but to be honest I prefer my desk top PC any day.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight: If the cashier had bothered talking to you, you would have had another three beers?

Needy mate, very, very needy.

....... If your happy to sit in a bar looking at the rear end of a phone, then it is obviously your choice. I was just airing my choice wai2.gif

I prefer to sit in a bar looking at the rear end of the cashier.

• Like 1

I am not polite when i walk anymore. i just step around people, i don't even hesitate. i walk with purpose, because bkk is an armpit and i want to be out of the place and get home. i don't understand the half-assed, meandering, jerkoff, cell-phone weilding walking myself either. i guess one explanation is their homes are just as, or more, depressing as the streets of bkk. hard to believe.

Edited by isawasnake

I have a Thai work colleague who I consider a peer (equivalent rank if you like).

He does have a most irritating habit of starting to play with his iPad during a conversation. He says he is listening, and does (usually) respond, but it's most disconcerting to talk to someone who appears disinterested to the point of ignoring you.

I have a Thai work colleague who I consider a peer (equivalent rank if you like).

He does have a most irritating habit of starting to play with his iPad during a conversation. He says he is listening, and does (usually) respond, but it's most disconcerting to talk to someone who appears disinterested to the point of ignoring you.

I would end the conversation, i like my ipad and phone but during a conversation or a dinner they are gone. If someone thinks a phone is more fun as me (hasn't happened yet) Im gone. That is of course a bit harder to do if you are forced to work together.

20 years ago in Bangkok it was Tetras they were all playing. relieves the boredom

Sent from my hammock using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

exactly, i remember when every bar had a game in the corner where they had to spot the differences in racy pictures. it was never idle

It seems like people need something to babysit them.We are all probably better off without these pacifiers.The cell jammer sounds like A good idea. Probably only blocks the signal in the air.Not games that are in your phone

It seems like people need something to babysit them.We are all probably better off without these pacifiers.The cell jammer sounds like A good idea. Probably only blocks the signal in the air.Not games that are in your phone

Unless the games are connected to the Internet.

Anyway crazy to have a blocker to if you can't get service the normal way in a shop just go away.

Part of the problem, I think, is that for many many Thais, their smart phone is their only access to the internet.

Be that as it may, their constant need to play with the devices while WALKING is absurd. I really hate it when someone stops to mess with their device at the top of an escalator, stairs, or at the bottom just as there are about to enter. If you want to mess with the device, get the F*** out of the way.

And don't get me started on the way people are now using tablets in public.

• Like 1

Part of the problem, I think, is that for many many Thais, their smart phone is their only access to the internet.

Be that as it may, their constant need to play with the devices while WALKING is absurd. I really hate it when someone stops to mess with their device at the top of an escalator, stairs, or at the bottom just as there are about to enter. If you want to mess with the device, get the F*** out of the way.

And don't get me started on the way people are now using tablets in public.

Sure holding people up to mess with pones and tablets is just wrong, but using them in public is not. I often use my smartphone to browse the internet when waiting for my gf to finish her shopping. Its great i can read something while waiting and don't get bored.

Go with the "BTS-Skytrain" in BKK, and you will see that virtually 90% of the passengers, playing around with their gadgets.

Even my wife noticed that! tongue.png

Baba Bobo...was her comment.

.....Its great i can read something while waiting and don't get bored.

Yepp, I won't miss my Smartphone anymore.

Edited by roban

They are becoming something of a social disease. I completely agree about them doing harm to society. People are going to forget (or never learn) how to communicate face to face or enjoy anything that isn't presented on a 5 to 10 inch screen.

The fact that parents buy these things for young children is amazing to me. It's good that I don't have young children at home anymore, because I wouldn't be very popular with them when I refuse to buy them this invasive technology.

They are becoming something of a social disease. I completely agree about them doing harm to society. People are going to forget (or never learn) how to communicate face to face or enjoy anything that isn't presented on a 5 to 10 inch screen.

The fact that parents buy these things for young children is amazing to me. It's good that I don't have young children at home anymore, because I wouldn't be very popular with them when I refuse to buy them this invasive technology.

Your just older generation face it, your parents had things to say about your generation when growing up too and it was a social disaster too.. Look how you turned out to be.. just like your parents.

These kids will grow up and their kids will do something they think is a disaster.. its a way of life.

My parents said the same thing about computers and look because I could work with them good I made nice money more then others who could not. You would not be doing your kids a service. Maybe your too old to see that ?

Edited by robblok