Insufficient funds to renew retirement visa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got my O-A visa in the US:

My doctors report was free.

The police report was free.

I sent a recent letter obtained from my bank to verify the required amount of money in my US bank and did not show any income at all.

None of the previously mentioned documents were notarized.

It only took one week for it to show up in my mailbox from the day I sent it. The fee I sent was $200.

This post is not meant to correct any other post in this thread, but just to show what is possible.

• 6 months later...

I am having a retirement extension valid till mid February 2015. I could also open a Bangkok Bank saving account last month. Although I will hopefully start working again before Feb 2015 and apply for a work permit, just to be on safe side, I would like to prepare for next retirement extension.

Would you please suggest getting 100,000 Baht into my BKK Bank from next month onward will be sufficient (little more than 800,000) INCOME or I should SAVE that too?

thumbsup.gif

Thanks to all of you and apologies for my ignorance. I'll look into the "O-A" option more carefully. I had literally never heard of this (poor research!) and as far as I recall is not an evident option when applying for a Thai visa through the Hull consulate in the UK.

It's only available at the Royal Thai Embassy in London and you have to apply in person.

You will require the application for visa and long stay, police report, bank and or pension statements & Medical report.

All to be verified by a Notory Solicitor prior to application at the Embassy.

The biggest advantage is that you dont need to show funds in Thailand for 2 years nor do border runs every 90 days.

You can download the visa & long stay forms as well as the medical certificate at the Embassy site.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/51

Dont forget if you arrive on a Non O-A you are required to report to Immigration every 90 days.

Edited by Expattaff1308

I am having a retirement extension valid till mid February 2015. I could also open a Bangkok Bank saving account last month. Although I will hopefully start working again before Feb 2015 and apply for a work permit, just to be on safe side, I would like to prepare for next retirement extension.

Would you please suggest getting 100,000 Baht into my BKK Bank from next month onward will be sufficient (little more than 800,000) INCOME or I should SAVE that too?

thumbsup.gif

If using income it requires a letter from your Embassy showing you receive a pension/income of 65k baht per month or more - or you have 800k in Thai bank account for 3 months prior to application with a bank letter or you have a combination to prove 800k per year combined income/savings.