Alcohol free beer+wine

splodger

Just saw at Big C extra that they had alcohol free malt beverages in 5 or 6 different tatste, Think around 30 Baht for a can.

Warsteiner alcohol free beer not in stock currently, but at certain times they have that one as well.

How about enjoying the taste but not the effect?

same as "telephone sex", a bit pointless.

but honestly, most non-alc beer tastes awful. If you want to mitigate the effect, try low alc beer, or a lunch time shandy. Same for wine, make it a "spritzer".

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How about enjoying the taste but not the effect?

same as "telephone sex", a bit pointless.

but honestly, most non-alc beer tastes awful. If you want to mitigate the effect, try low alc beer, or a lunch time shandy. Same for wine, make it a "spritzer".

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Several poster already pointed this out:

From what I understand, and as others said before, non alcoholic beer and wine contains alcohol and is not suitable for recovered alcoholics whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Alcohol free can be a challenge to find in a society that embraces it. The so-called alcohol free beverages still contain minute traces of alcohol which should be avoided if that's the intention of the poster. I usually take my own softer, gentler beverages if I think none will be available at any venue. Alternatively, as another poster mentioned, take the sparkling grape juices along and enjoy the antics of the other drinkers that partake too much.

Enjoy and be safe.

From what I understand, and as others said before, non alcoholic beer and wine contains alcohol and is not suitable for recovered alcoholics whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But it is suitable if you want to have a couple of beers with friends (or at a wedding) and still have to drive.

While taxis in Bangkok are cheap, they are very expensive in Germany. And that, I understand, is the reason for the invention of alcohol-"free" beer. I don't think it is meant for recovered alcoholics.

I might be wrong.

• 7 months later...

At my age I don't drink to get drunk but love the taste of beer.

I am currently on some antbiotics that may have side effects with alchohol but may take a chance with the "Alcohol Free" 0.1% products.....in South Africa when I was concerned that I might be over the low limit for drunken driving I found some reasonable tasting products like Bavaria.

Big C extra here I come........