Nice little scam

poooket

Could be a coincident BUT...

This first happened about a month ago when I had breakfast down at beachroad. The next table, an old foreigner just finish his meal and was about to pay when he realized that he forgot his wallet. He came over to my table and said he was so stupid to forget his wallet and that he lived fare away on the dark side. I pity him and i offered to pay for his meal which he really appreciated. Never thought anything more about that until yesterday.

I was in the same restaurant when I hear someone start complain he forgot his wallet, when I look up I see its the same guy that I helped a month ago. He did the same thing went over to the next table, told his story but they wasn't happy to help. He moved on to another table with no luck, then an older guy at another table offered to pay for him and he was so happy and thankful. At the same time I hear the Thai staff at the restaurant gossip him saying " this old man always forgot his wallet" and laugh at him, obviously they had no idea what he was up to.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai staff at the restaurants he is known at shouldn't serve him ...

That's what I was thinking too. But as long as he find someone who pay for him and the restaurant get their money I guess nobody cares.

Yeah but someday he will fail to find a sucker. Irresponsible of restaurants to tolerate that.

You would think that if he did that a few times the staff would ask if he had his wallet before taking his order, or one day no one will pick up his tab, that type of person is not good for business.

I think you are looking for a level of awareness that I have not witnessed in such restaurants.

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking too. But as long as he find someone who pay for him and the restaurant get their money I guess nobody cares.
Yeah but someday he will fail to find a sucker. Irresponsible of restaurants to tolerate that.

Or he magically find his wallet..

• Like 1

Or he magically find his wallet..

You're right. Dense of me!

For some reason I just don't believe this story.

There is NO WAY that this restaurant would allow this if it happened more then once.

I thinks somebody is bored.

• Like 1

Actually it's a good idea to save money . Bring your wallet just in case nobody wants to help you .

You could get free meals daily with some luck .

• Like 1

I knew one Canadian chap that moonlights as a teacher in bkk some years back, total scrounge. But he is very upfront about his empty wallet and he has tons his personal life experience to tell.

Always broke, has two shirts for work, he commandeered a Thai neighbors laundry that fell in to his balcony where he shares a room with a prostitute.

There is NO WAY that this restaurant would allow this if it happened more then once.

I'm with you

If the staff actually said " this old man always forgot his wallet" I don't think there is a chance in hell that they would keep serving him.

Nice troll though.

I'm with you

If the staff actually said  " this old man always forgot his wallet" I don't think there is a chance in hell that they would keep serving him.

Nice troll though.

Why not they always seem to get paid.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A sad reflection of the certain types of people Pattaya and Thailand has a magnetic attraction to.

AGAIN

This happens the world over,not just PATTAYA and THAILAND,grow up <deleted>.

very true, but while we are generalizing we could say that Pattaya attracts a certain type of expat that seem to have had very sheltered lives
  • Like 1

Who is stupid enough to pay for this scumbag ???

I am or was 8 years ago.

8 years ago I was approached by a man (US) in Patong, Phuket. he told me a very trustworthy sounding story about how he lost his credit card and was waiting for money his brother in the US had sent.

I had a few beers with him and I gave him a 1000 baht loan and we agreed to meet a certain place the next day at 1100 to settle.

I was looking for this guy at 1100 but never saw him againfacepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Well well it didn't ruin me and I consider it a learning lesson and since then I don't give anybody any money without some sort of guaranty.

OP, why didn't you approach this cheating bastard and told him, AHH AGAIN, mister I got good police friends so you better be careful.

A sad reflection of the certain types of people Pattaya and Thailand has a magnetic attraction to.

That's what come into my mind.

What a pitful human being...if I ever got that low I would want to be shot.

Scum of the earth.

Your wish is my command, where do we meet ?