What do you do at the weekends?

razorramone

When it gets to your weekend / days off, what do you do in bangkok for fun?

I'm finding myself bored at weekends, which is stupid when I only arrived here 4 months ago. I feel like im wasting my time away.

I'm used to big cities, before here I lived are Barcelona, Rome, and Lima (Peru). All of those at weekends I went for long walks, took public transport to random places, explored and took photos, went running, read books in parks, at night went to house parties if i wanted to get drunk.

It seems hard to do any of those things here. Especially because it's so hot and crowded on the streets.

So im interested in what everyone else does.

(this isn't meant to be a complaint, I understand it is more likely my own state of mind. There are always things to do in big cities like this. )

Edited by razorramone
  • Like 1

You think it's difficult to take public transport to random places, explore, take photos and get drunk in Bangkok? Bangkok is designed for this shit. There's even parks to read books in.

There's so much to do in Bangkok probably too much.

Eat out, party, go to museums, day at the races, muay thai show, learn muay thai, comedy shows, movies, go on street food adventures and eat tons of nice food, get off at random BTS or MRT stops and see what you can find, day or weekend trips to Ayyuathaya, Kanchanaburi or Hui Hin (or many other places), visit the temples, ride the khlongs and get lost, JJ market....the list is endless.

Just go do something.

What museums are there in Bangkok? The only one I have found is the big art museum in Siam Square near where protests often congregate.

You think it's difficult to take public transport to random places, explore, take photos and get drunk in Bangkok? Bangkok is designed for this shit. There's even parks to read books in.

Eat out, party, go to museums, day at the races, muay thai show, learn muay thai, comedy shows, movies, go on street food adventures and eat tons of nice food, get off at random BTS or MRT stops and see what you can find, day or weekend trips to Ayyuathaya, Kanchanaburi or Hui Hin (or many other places), visit the temples, ride the khlongs and get lost, JJ market....the list is endless.

Just go do something.

You could also watch exciting Thai series on television, with or without girlfriend pinching your arm

• Like 1

Just go do something.

You could also watch exciting Thai series on television, with or without girlfriend pinching your arm

• Like 1

Just go do something.

What museums are there in Bangkok? The only one I have found is the big art museum in Siam Square near where protests often congregate.

Go look around for yourself, that is the purpose of your question.

maybe get a girlfriend to take you shopping!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Soi Cowboy on a Friday night can fill your weekend. Purchasing gold for your new found friend is a must. Then move on to all the awesome shopping malls. Eating is, of course, a prerequisite at regular intervals. Sleep will be required from time to time. 8.00 till 10 is TV time then out again until the early hours. Theme park next day. Never forget the format for first day which must be included every day. Day 3 trip to beach on remote island. Day 4. She disappeared. Rest. Back to Soi Cowboy next Friday if wallet will allow. 555

Take a few Segway tours- they are addictive and can see the city from ground level. Walk Suhkumvit from Central Chidlom to Thonglor, up Thonglor west-side to J-Avenue. Poke around a bit. Lotsa eateries abound; have lunch. buy dinner at the fully stocked grocery store at J-Ave then cross over and walk down east side back to BTS and head home in a/ c comfort. Just one idea. FYI.

as Dan 77 said for cycling is:

chatujak park/suan rot fai

lumpini

suan Benjakiti.

prapadeang

or just head out the door and get lost

If you are into mountain biking try club 11 (11th Artillery compound decent 3km single track loop)

Wakeboarding:

TE Wake and ski (behind a boat on private lake)

Lottas wakeboard school ( behind boat on river)

Thai Wake Park (cable)

Bung Taco (cable)

tons to do, just have to get over the mindset that there is nothing to do.

I skateboard, so I'll always find something to do on the weekend! Funny thing though, with all the old Westerners in Thailand, I'd have thought that somebody woulda said something, but I guess a dude skating a bench is much less complainable than taxi's refusing passengers.

I skateboard, so I'll always find something to do on the weekend! Funny thing though, with all the old Westerners in Thailand, I'd have thought that somebody woulda said something, but I guess a dude skating a bench is much less complainable than taxi's refusing passengers.

Just go do something.

http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/6-quirky-museums.htm

http://bangkokforvisitors.com/museums/index.php

Well done Houdini... a mere 3 repetitions of the first message. How old are the people answering this question about what to do? Judging by the mindless activities mentioned, the average age must be 14.

I'll respond even though this is DUMB! - someone asking what they should do on the weekends - BIZARRE! I'll say play golf! different courses different people and always a new day. Actually everyday is the same for me except different - I live in paradise - "land of smiles" - it's always the weekend!

How about sitting quietly instead of always chasing new experiences and acquiring more objects - watch the mind (knowing it is not you) and settle in your heart!

Just go do something.

LOL

Plenty of things to do. Just depends what sort of stuff interests you.

For me a weekend might just be chilling at the pool, playing a few videogames, get some work done, and then out for some good food and a drink in the evening.

I don't have a typical job or schedule so a weekend is just like any other day for me (just busier lol).

Think about what sort of things you enjoy or interest you and just make a point of getting out and doing them. You could even consider taking up a new hobby or activity. I'm looking to start playing more competition badminton myself.

Just go do something.

A fairly simple search for galleries and museums turns up an impressive list and I think this overlooks some of the more specialized museum, especially those within universities, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_museums_and_art_galleries_in_Bangkok

Edited by Suradit69