Bangkok Sutthisan Police Chief transfered for ignorance of duties

webfact

Sutthisan Police Chief transfered for ignorance of duties

BANGKOK, 30 July 2013 (NNT) -- Metropolitan Police Chief Police Lieutenant General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang has ordered a transfer of Head of Suthisan Police Station, Police Colonel Samroeng Suanthong, to the Royal Thai Police Headquarters for 30 days pending investigation into the latter’s ignorance of duties.

The order was issued following a search by an Interior Ministry special unit which found that night entertainment venues in Suthisan area have been openly selling drugs and operating slot machines.

Police Lieutenant General Kamronwit said the operation found a pub on Ratchada 16 Road 'Terminal by Pan' had been selling addictive substances and providing slot machine services.

He said despite his earlier announced policy to take drastic action against drug selling in nightclubs, the Suthisan Police Station allowed continuation of the activities.

Two other nightclubs in the area were also found operating beyond the 2 AM curfew.

Police Lieutenant General Kamronwit said a committee has been set up to investigate the charge. If found guilty, Police Colonel Samroeng would face harsh prosecution, he said.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-30 footer_n.gif

Police Colonel Samroeng Suanthong is a very nice guy and was transfered not so long ago from Thonglor Station.

Problem is that all Bangkok Police areas have gambling dens and other illicit activities in their areas controlled by either green or brown.

Issue is that if you, as a Superintendent of a Police Station, are caught out for something, superiors are asked to make an example of you rather than they getting punished.

Thats how it works over here!

• Like 1

'Ignorance of duties'. How does one get to be come a Police Chief General if one is ignorant of one's duties? No, wait, don't answer that. Don't answer that. facepalm.gif

I think they may be using 'ignorance' as in ignoring (dereliction) rather than lack of knowledge.

I thought ignorance was never a defence when breaking the law.

I think that's Judge Dredd.

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one")

I was joking.

This guy wasn't in ignorance of the law, he was ignoring the law.

Sutthisan Police Chief transferred for ignorance of duties

Should that read dereliction of duty and corruption,and should transferred mean gaoled. Thirty days business a usual.Carry on nothing to see here.

Nothing operates without the Police Mafia's approval and kickbacks. Ignorance is not correct, complicit involvement would be more accurate.

As for harsh penalties, it will be a transfer to an inactive post at worst.

That's terrible wishing someone be moved to an inactive post. The worst thing that could ever happen to anyone. Think of all the trauma he will be under, suffering at a desk job elsewhere. having to live with that until his pension is paid.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Edited by ginjag

'Ignorance of duties'. How does one get to be come a Police Chief General if one is ignorant of one's duties? No, wait, don't answer that. Don't answer that. facepalm.gif

I think they may be using 'ignorance' as in ignoring (dereliction) rather than lack of knowledge.

I don't know, when I have issues with customer service representatives here I am always told that i "don't understand" (which angers me to no end btw...). I think that in Thai culture it is far better to be ignorant than to willfully neglect a duty or otherwise knowingly create a problem.

• Like 2

Nothing operates without the Police Mafia's approval and kickbacks. Ignorance is not correct, complicit involvement would be more accurate.

A genuine question, but when they are put in inactive post, do they still get paid a salary? and do they still need to show up to work?

A genuine question, but when they are put in inactive post, do they still get paid a salary? and do they still need to show up to work?

Yes fully paid, I would assume they have to put in a usual appearance , to work--the bib difficult to answerbiggrin.png

Yes fully paid, I would assume they have to put in a usual appearance , to work--the bib difficult to answerbiggrin.png

So in other words, inactive post means not doing any work, no responsibility but full pay and share of "tips"?

In this case, why would anyone want to be in an active post?laugh.png

• Like 1

The Thai equivalent of the Comfy Chair. smile.png

• Like 1

Hypocrite of the Day award goes to Police Lieutenant General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang, for pledging prosecution of another office for ignorance of duties, while himself wearing badges of office affixed by a fugitive criminal.

BTW 16 days to go, the clock is ticking.

Woohoo! Got that KT jab in on the 7th post. Awesome!

Take a day off willya?

Personaly I would put them all on 30 days suspension preferably on an open boat in the middle of the Pacific. Useless bunch of tosspots.

I would go one step further, get them on Samet and help with the cleanup.

What will happen when all off the BKK police is transfered to inactive post?

Nothing absolutly nothing.