Police find underage worker at South Pattaya Beer Bar

webfact

How does one get to be a 'foreign operative'? It sounds more than a little exotic and very cool. Do you get an official looking badge? Is there an entrance exam? Do you need a WP?

No. No exam.

However experience and attitude is considered. Such as a willingness to perform dirty jobs and :-

Previous qualifications as a low life, miserable, unimaginative, scumbag, without the balls, imagination, initiative or work ethic to get a real job or start a decent business.

• Like 2

Umm, that bar looks familiar -- wait, no it doesn't.

Glad to see that the Thai cops are doing a stand up job protecting young people. Next they could investigate the number of young Thais who cannot afford to go to school, or receive adequate health care.

Or investigate & incarcerate the mothers who sell their 12 yo's into prostitution.

It's a sick place and getting sicker by the day coffee1.gif

I guess someone did not pay the tee money on time, as I know that prostitution is illegal in Thailand, u can find it everywhere and nothing happen, wired do understand, but again the tee money, very strong Thai police work, if u look closer u see 60% underage prostitution in pattaya so get up and do your work

Glad to see that the Thai cops are doing a stand up job protecting young people. Next they could investigate the number of young Thais who cannot afford to go to school, or receive adequate health care.

Or investigate & incarcerate the mothers who sell their 12 yo's into prostitution.

It's so sick, but u need to see thy have no hard, only money talks

Edited by 2169

I think you're completely wrong here. Child prostitution has existed forever and was almost certainly far worse in years gone by, and even considered acceptable or normal. Thankfully times have changed and it is now starting to be taken seriously by authorities. It's getting better here, not sicker.

That said, I raiding one bar for having a 17 year old working as a prostitute is a token effort. If the authorities really wanted to change the situation they should concentrate on much younger girls who are being forced to work and whose customers are not foreigners.

not only looks but is familiar, it's the one with the stairway to heaven on the left side of the bar

Posted Image

What would you need to go upstairs for there?

Dont recognise that bar.

According to the Thai press it is called something like Cariblans, possibly two words, not easy to transliterate Thai, at 313/209 Pattaya 3 Street

Guess they don't transliterate from French very well.

(It's called Le Carré Blanc, and very much Farang-oriented. So much for all the "this doesn't happen in the Farang scene" arguments.)

Soi 33 off Third Road, South Pattaya.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

At least she is saved from the mucky hands of a 65yo fat farang lol lol.

Suppose we will have one or two,who dont think there is anything wrong with it,and she agreed to go to Pattaya when Mama/Paapa told her to go earn some money

Where does the report mention anything about a farang? Perhaps you are psychic. Maybe you are from some place other than Pattaya and just think you know everything about Pattaya, just like so many other TV members. Only a dumba$$ would assume that a 3rd Road bar MUST be catering to farang. It is mostly Thais that go there.

If that's the case then why the need for a 'foreign operative'.

And, keep the source in mind: Pattaya One news; they just pen over some local news release, including the address. That the address had Third Road in it doesn't mean it's actually on Third road; sois off that road (and house/lot numbers linked to Third Road) go right down the sois to Soi Bua Khao and the South Pattaya area.

Other topic.. Foreign operatives... does anyone agree that's a pretty scummy thing to do, not least towards the girl who is now being hassled, treated like a criminal and sent away.. only to go work somewhere else less desirable / profitable?

Mr. Kwai, I must have missed where it stated that the foreign operative was a white guy. I am guessing that you don't know that every non Thai is a foreinger to a Thai. Simply using a foreign operative does not indicate that the bar frequently caters to foreigners. That's called an assumption based on what is in the report. (FYI, a foreigner's money is welcome in almost every Thai bar and a great incentive for police entrapment)

Dont recognise that bar.

According to the Thai press it is called something like Cariblans, possibly two words, not easy to transliterate Thai, at 313/209 Pattaya 3 Street

(It's called Le Carré Blanc, and very much Farang-oriented. So much for all the "this doesn't happen in the Farang scene" arguments.)

When did Soi 33 become a popular place for farangs? Never heard of the place. Asked around and no one else did either. It would seem to not exactly be a popular hang out area. Guess I will just have to rely on your experiences and knowledge. BTW, are you a Pattaya resident?

Dont recognise that bar.

When did Soi 33 become a popular place for farangs? Never heard of the place. Asked around and no one else did either. It would seem to not exactly be a popular hang out area. Guess I will just have to rely on your experiences and knowledge. BTW, are you a Pattaya resident?

IT appears u know nowt about Pattaya,the bar is french owned,and surprisingly that is a farang,and only farangs go in.I have been in a few times,but never seen a kid working there.There are plenty of farng bars on 3rd road,just for your info.

• Like 1

> Where does the report mention anything about a farang? Perhaps you are psychic. Maybe you are

> from some place other than Pattaya and just think you know everything about Pattaya, just like so many

> other TV members. Only a dumba$$ would assume that a 3rd Road bar MUST be catering to farang.

> It is mostly Thais that go there.

If that's the case then why the need for a 'foreign operative'.

And, keep the source in mind: Pattaya One news; they just pen over some local news release, including the address. That the address had Third Road in it doesn't mean it's actually on Third road; sois off that road (and house/lot numbers linked to Third Road) go right down the sois to Soi Bua Khao and the South Pattaya area.

Other topic.. Foreign operatives... does anyone agree that's a pretty scummy thing to do, not least towards the girl who is now being hassled, treated like a criminal and sent away.. only to go work somewhere else less desirable / profitable?

Mr. Kwai, I must have missed where it stated that the foreign operative was a white guy. I am guessing that you don't know that every non Thai is a foreinger to a Thai. Simply using a foreign operative does not indicate that the bar frequently caters to foreigners. That's called an assumption based on what is in the report. (FYI, a foreigner's money is welcome in almost every Thai bar and a great incentive for police entrapment)

?! Where do I state that he was a white guy? I repeated what was in the article: a foreign operative. (Making it likely that the bar was aiming for a foreign (but not necessarily white) clientele.

Secondly, it turned out that the bar is Le Carre Blanc. That's a bar with a foreign (mostly Farang) (s)expat clientele, proving that my hunch was correct, and your hunch (of it being a local Thai aimed place) wasn't.

Done; move on, not a big deal, you could have been right, just not in this particular case; these newspaper articles are often DYI puzzles and this was no exception. No need to get abusive (words 'dumb*** above) while we collectively figure out what happened and where.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1