Mass killer Breivik applies for university in Norway

Lite Beer

Mass killer Breivik applies for university in Norway

Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has applied for a place at Oslo University - a move that is reportedly causing outrage among staff.

The head of the university's political science institute confirmed a request had been made by the man whose attacks two years ago traumatised Norway.

No decision has been made on whether to accept it, Ole Petter Ottersen added.

Breivik, who is serving a 21-year sentence in a prison near Oslo, killed 77 people, most of them adolescents.

On 22 July 2011, he set off a bomb in a car near government offices in the capital before travelling to a lake island, where he shot people attending a summer camp of the ruling Labour Party's youth wing.

He sought to justify the meticulously planned twin attacks, which also left 244 people injured, by saying they were aimed at stopping the "Islamisation" of Norway.

A court convicted him of terrorism and premeditated murder, and handed down the maximum sentence of 21 years' imprisonment.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23506691#TWEET839333

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-07-30

There has to be a limit to madness. This guy went far beyond, but in a democratic society his application will be considered along with all the others. Where is the reason in that?

The same reasoning that gave him 21 year for killing 77 people.

He's obviously mentally ill. Norway appears to be a society with both the resources and the compassion to deal with such people on a higher plane than savage revenge.

There is no need for revenge at all. Just a surgically clean end of life and then put the creature on a garbage heap. It is not human anymore. It chose to give up his humanity on its own free will, at a time when it still was human..

After 21 years, or if/when paroles he will be returned to society. If he studies and obtains degrees in political sciences he might enter politcs. Stranger things have happened.

I'm sure he'll be writing the obligatory book(s) at some point too.

If you are going to committ this type of evil crime then chose your country carefully.

• Like 1

Not such a bad thing if he gains an education.

Read his dissertation first and you may realize that he is highly educated far beyond the normal individual.

His actions are unpardonable however, his intellect is rather high.

21 years? And then what? He walks?

A guy like that should never see the light of day again.

Considering he was proud of it.

21 lifetimes perhaps? Bring back the Vikings. This new lot have lost the plot.

I think it's an extremely bad thing. Almost as bad as him getting only 21 years jail time for pre-meditated, well-planned mass murder. In many countries throughout the world he'd be hung, shot, or fried ... and I'd cheer the event.

And this is coming from someone who's normally opposed to the death sentence. Although crimes like this one are my exception.

He's obviously mentally ill. Norway appears to be a society with both the resources and the compassion to deal with such people on a higher plane than savage revenge.

I'm betting you would not be so enlightened if one of the kids he premeditatedly murdered in cold blood was your child.

Shocking..He wants to receive the university education that he denied his young victims...He is just gloating...

I don't believe this, first u must have a abiture or collage degree to go to university or not, this guy should be but down the same as he killed this 77 people on that day,..... Just get reed of this evil being

But it could be a very dangerous thing! Think of his opportunities to spread and 'market' his message of murderous violence. 50 years in Black Dolphin in Russia would have had him feeling sorry! He is currently in the easiest most luxurious penal system in the world.

Shocking..He wants to receive the university education that he denied his young victims...He is just gloating...

I don't believe this, first u must have a abiture or collage degree to go to university or not, this guy should be but down the same as he killed this 77 people on that day,..... Just get reed of this evil being

He has already taken exams in prison to improve his score for application to the university.

Would think he have made sure to have the necessary credits needed to get accepted.

They are probably searching everything to try to stop him, but the politicians might have to intervene if they want to stop his plans.

I'm betting you would not be so enlightened if one of the kids he premeditatedly murdered in cold blood was your child.

I'm not so enlightened as it is. I said Norwegian society appears to be.

• Like 1

He has already taken exams in prison to improve his score for application to the university.

Would think he have made sure to have the necessary credits needed to get accepted.

They are probably searching everything to try to stop him, but the politicians might have to intervene if they want to stop his plans.

Maybe they run a distance learning degree like the Open University in the UK. You don't need any qualifications to enrol.

• Like 1

I don't think English is your first language and as such didn't understand the point of my post.. I, however, understand your post and thoroughly agree with the conclusion....I was on the Fornebu veranda when the bomb went off and by the time I took the short walk to Snaroya the killings on the island had started..More importantly I took part in the Monday nationwide silence in our office...many tears were shed as everyone seemed to know somebody that had been effected...