Air Asia to KL return.

wildpikey

Was thinking about doing the Air Asia visa run CM to KL to get a 30 day stamp. Seems there is a return flight with a 2.5 hour stay there.

Seems possible to me that it can be done in a day, although I don't know how crowded the immigration gets there.. Has anyone done this trip and returned on the same day recently? Was it easy or skin of the teeth job.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by wildpikey

Walk from the plane (sometimes a good 15 minutes or so it seems) then Immigration, then baggage collection if you have any. Taxi booth available after Customs and in the city in about 45 minutes to one hour. Train would be faster, but then you need a taxi when you get to Sentral. There's 90 minutes. Do your immigration business and back same afternoon., 90 minutes check in before departure....

I'd be planning on staying over night quite frankly.

It's very straightforward however I heard that there was supposed to be a 24 hour period between flying out and back in again.

True or not I don't know.

ps. Have you seen the price difference between flying to Hat Yai and KL, I was contemplating doing that run a couple of months ago and due to the 24 hour requirement I worked out I would be the same price ( at that time ) to fly to Hat Yai, bus it down to KL, stay overnight at the Tune hotel at KLCCT, then fly back in the morning. Thus fulfilling the fly out one day back the next requirement.

What I actually did instead though was fly to fly to KL and went to the Cameron Highlands for a couple of days, well worth it.

Edited by theblether

Do Thai nationals visiting Kuala Lumpur need to show 10,000 baht to Malaysia Immigration upon arrival?

Some Internet sites say yes, others do not say.

Thanks!

My lady didn't have to do that. By the way the sexual harassment she got was out of order, even standing in the queue at immigration. I was flying in from Borneo so she was alone.

I had told her to dress modestly and she did, but no difference. She was even being harassed in the cafe while she was waiting for me. By the time I found her she was seriously nervous and basically hiding in a corner.

By her own words she said that if it had happened to her in Thailand she would have defended herself, but she felt intimidated in a foreign country. Those Malaysians have got a rough attitude towards Thai women.

Was just planning on a doing a straight turn around, hadn't heard that you needed to be out 24hours, anyone know for sure about this??

Technically you have to stay out 24 hours. Ive never had any problems with same day visa runs. If push comes to shove just leave a little grey peice of paper in your passport if there are any problems

Was just planning on a doing a straight turn around, hadn't heard that you needed to be out 24hours, anyone know for sure about this??

Technically you have to stay out 24 hours. Ive never had any problems with same day visa runs. If push comes to shove just leave a little grey peice of paper in your passport if there are any problems

First I've heard of this.... How does that jive with a visa run to Burma...... punch out of Thailand, walk across the bridge, punch in and out of Burma [ 500baht [] , walk back over the bridge and back into Thailand all within 15 minutes.... Is the 24 hours something new or just pertaining to some areas ????? .... or is it just something you heard....... verify please , if you can.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

First I've heard of this.... How does that jive with a visa run to Burma...... punch out of Thailand, walk across the bridge, punch in and out of Burma [ 500baht [] , walk back over the bridge and back into Thailand all within 15 minutes.... Is the 24 hours something new or just pertaining to some areas ????? .... or is it just something you heard....... verify please , if you can.

Difference is its land crossings to Burma and flying over borders. Mario the moderator should be able to confirm this

Edited by IrishIvan
  • Like 1

This is the problem with TV, people post replies that are simply not true.

There is no need to stay out 24 hours.

There is no train from LCCT to KL

I lived in KL for 2 years and never encountered Thais or other nationalities being harrased, not saying it hasn't happened but don't tar everyone with the same brush. My Thai wife loved KL and felt very safe.

The return flight is less than 2 hours from landing, so I would say you're pushing it.

Do Thai nationals visiting Kuala Lumpur need to show 10,000 baht to Malaysia Immigration upon arrival?

Some Internet sites say yes, others do not say.

Thanks!

No, the g/f has been in and out of Malaysia dozens of times and never had to show anything.

I lived in KL for 2 years and never encountered Thais or other nationalities being harrased, not saying it hasn't happened but don't tar everyone with the same brush. My Thai wife loved KL and felt very safe.

The return flight is less than 2 hours from landing, so I would say you're pushing it.

Obviously the only person with experience of being in Malaysia with a Thai woman is you, and your experience is the only one that matters huh?

What I described stands, whether it suits you or not. smile.png

Obviously the only person with experience of being in Malaysia with a Thai woman is you, and your experience is the only one that matters huh?

What I described stands, whether it suits you or not. smile.png

For a Thai woman travelling alone, Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur, and being met at KL Airport by a Thai family . . .

I'm sure this fits the "profile" used in some SE Asian Airports, including KL. I understand that.

Just want to be sure there's no Malaysia law/rule on the books that requires minimum cash (10,000 baht) for such tourists.

In my case I made sure she had a credit card with her in her name which had sufficient funds in it. My reasoning was to ensure that if I was delayed for any reason she wouldn't be abandoned and penniless in Malaysia. She wasn't asked to prove funds though, she was just stamped through.

I have the Escape Travel card, one of those prepay cards, I got one in my name in the UK and another in my lady ( should say now ex ladies ) name too. It gave me control over the funds on the card as I had to transfer from the internal account to the account I wanted the money in.

The biggest problem she had was proving she had a return flight, she had forgotten to print off a copy and it was under two separate flight manifests as she was returning from Singapore via Bali. That caused a panic as I had to get access to the Singapore flight number and forward it to her before AirAsia would let her board.

, stay overnight at the Tune hotel at KLCCT

Possibly one of the worst hotels on the planet

No the Downtown one is worse. Easily.

Good effort!! Do you have to pay extra to flush the bog downtown tune hotel?

I don't remember having to do that but having stayed in both of them I reckon the one Downtown is worse.

Over to you. smile.png

TRUE: there is no train station at the part of the airport where the LCCT is. You catch the shuttle bus outside the terminal and they drop you at the train which departs from the international terminal.

As to harassment, I wonder if it's because your wife was not wearing one of those funny little things that the Malays wear to cover their hair. I was told that my short bathers could not be worn at the hotel swimming pool; they had to be boxer type! The country is going mad!

Maybe I misunderstood the original post here: I thought you were planning to go into the city for a visa or whatever. Interesting if you actually have to stay 24 hours.

re

Was thinking about doing the Air Asia visa run CM to KL to get a 30 day stamp

have you thought about going chiang mai to luang prabang a one hour flight stay one night and come back the following day

6000 ish thousand return flight , 2000

baht hotel food beer .

, 35 dollar lao visa fee

total about 9000 baht and 30 days visa on

arrival in c m smile.png

dave2

ps .. plane leaves c m at 3 ish every day

returns to c m about 1 ish every day smile.png

post-42592-0-94148000-1375273333_thumb.j

post-42592-0-07061400-1375273357_thumb.j

If you can get a return fare to LP for 6,000 baht you've done well .Friend staying with us has searched in the last couple of days and the best he could get was a touch over 9,000 baht return.He might appreciate a link.

re

If you can get a return fare to LP for 6,000 baht you've done well .Friend staying with us has searched in the last couple of days and the best he could get was a touch over 9,000 baht return.He might appreciate a link.

wow thats gone up sad.png

the last time i went cm to lp then vientiene and back ten days later the whole trip was 10500 baht

heres the lao airlines office !

if you go past the front of kud suan khow

heading towards the zoo

turn right opposite the shell gas station

and its about 200 yards on the right

dave2

post-42592-0-17350800-1375279191_thumb.j

re

the last time i went cm to lp then vientiene and back ten days later the whole trip was 10500 baht

heading towards the zoo

dave2

Their web sites says a touch over 9,000 b return.Don't think going to he office would make any difference and the 2 dates he wanted to go were fully booked.Of course to LP they have no competition.

re

heading towards the zoo

dave2

Their web sites says a touch over 9,000 b return.Don't think going to he office would make any difference and the 2 dates he wanted to go were fully booked.Of course to LP they have no competition.

cheesy.gif Interesting two posts in a row from different posters saying the exact opposite of each other.cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Imagine that on TVfacepalm.gif

I would go with the two fully booked ones. It is a monopoly.smile.png